A little help with Daz3D

World

Jun 30, 2017
I downloaded the ornate bathroom pack from this website just to see how it would look like on the program, but I've been tinkering with settings and can't get anything right.
I am supposed to copy the content folder with data, Environments, People and Runtime to mydaz3dlibrary in documents, or the other one just called Daz 3D, but nothing. And when I try to open the single files it's a mess, a bunch of models with no textures and constant errors popping up.
I really just need to get a background image, nothing more, any help?

Edit: I am trying to develop a little game for myself and I want to use honey select for all the scenes, is there any way to export the bathroom into the honey select studio? Or am I forced to use png images for backgrounds?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm... I THINK that 'content' in this case is just another name for 'My Library', so you should try copying/merging the subfolders with the subfolders inside your My Library folder. I.E. drag the data, environments, people and runtime subfolders for the product you downloaded inside the My Library folder, instead of dragging the Content 'master' folder inside MyLibrary.

That's what I usually do when I open up a .zip and see 'content' instead of 'my library' in the folder breakdown. 'Content' may be a default Poser folder name or something. That and Runtime... a lot of content can be used in Poser as well as Daz (and originally Daz was making content for Poser, so it's kinda a legacy thing).

The other thing you can do, if you don't mind 'cleaning up', is to find the subfolders you dragged inside the my library/content folder for this product, and drag them up a level (to My Library). This way, you don't have two copies of everything...

Reactions: World

World

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks for the answer, Daz3D is a very complex program that should be studied in depth, imo. So instead I'm going full Honey Select for the moment, just need to realize how to create backgrounds or better yet, complete locations instead of using png images o_O there must be something I'm missing

Edit: I was thinking about deleting this thread, but after your answer I think closing it is the best idea, since I won't be needing it anymore

2nd edit: NEVERMIND! I'm blind, the option to put walls and floor was there, I can begin working finally.