• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

2016er

Jun 20, 2017
Any Android player here ?

Is fight mechanism broken in ur port too? Cause i just can't fight, always ended up in recieving end and black eyes.
Either it's broken or I can't follow instructions properly

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022

Is fight mechanism broken in ur port too? Cause i just can't fight, always ended up in recieving end and black eyes.
The android port is not very stable because it is not official. So many of the minigames will give you errors, I suggest you to play on pc for more comfort.

Lilyfan4lyf

Nov 27, 2020

The game gets more broken further down the episodes, your saves will be rendered useless for S3, better switch to PC version. Though it is still playable atleast for S1-2 hence it's mostly a skill and reflex issue from your end.

Reactions: 2016er

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024

What's your difficulty setting? I don't know a thing about the Android version, but in the PC one, for me at least, the difficulty spike is pretty big in the fight mini-game. On normal I get flawless victories. On hard I have to save before fights and replay several times to get a win.

But maybe I'm just bad at it.

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024
Is the game done?
Yes it just got halfway
14-16 episode will be and now 10 is out
All things considered, expecting the final episode before 2030 is optimistic.

How much is DPC gonna work on this after that? Remaking art for earlier episodes and whatever else he wants? Probably won't stop while he lives.
We're up to episode 10, and the development time keeps getting longer and longer, the chart below shows how many days each chapter has taken so far (we have no gauge for when chapter 1 was started so that's been excluded).

1712659646575.png

If we extrapolate that out to the projected 16 episodes that have been suggested...

1712659905646.png

...it'll be about 15 years before the game is done!

My calculations may be a little off, but episode development time is still increasing per episode, and at a minimum, I'm expecting a year per episode from now on.

In the past I would have justified why each recent episode has taken longer, but in the end, I think the developer is just milking it:
  • The animations are getting longer, and are of a higher frame rate.
  • The renders are getting more detailed, and where 5 renders would have been cycled in a conversation between two people, now 20+ renders are being used for different expressions etc.
  • More minigames are being designed and added.
But none of the above is making the game "better", it's just making it bigger and dragging out development time. :(

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
We're up to episode 10, and the development time keeps getting longer and longer, the chart below shows how many days each chapter has taken so far (we have no gauge for when chapter 1 was started so that's been excluded).

1712659646575.png

If we extrapolate that out to the projected 16 episodes that have been suggested...

1712659905646.png

My calculations may be a little off, but episode development time is still increasing per episode, and at a minimum, I'm expecting a year per episode from now on.

In the past I would have justified why each recent episode has taken longer, but in the end, I think the developer is just milking it:
  • The renders are getting more detailed, and where 5 renders would have been cycled in a conversation between two people, now 20+ renders are being used for different expressions etc.
But none of the above is making the game "better", it's just making it bigger and dragging out development time. :(
Making the game better is a rather abstract concept. I agree that improving the visual aspect certainly has no impact on the core story. But while that is the most important part of a story driven game, it's not like the visuals are meaningless. Having different expressions adds body language to the conversations and makes the characters seem more like actual people. It improves the immersion and thus improves the game.

Provided obviously that DPC is good at it. Is he? Well mostly I'd say yes, but there is definitely room for improvement. And I don't mean increasing the specs further. That would be him getting more advanced tools. What I'd like to see is improvement in how he wields the tools he has now. Producing better art without increasing demands on the hardware and development time.

If we get an episode every December, 16 would be done in 2029. I consider expecting him to stick to that pace optimistic, so I draw the line at 2030. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

What I doubt most is the story being done in 16 episodes. Yes, I know what DPC says about it. I don't think he'll manage it. Why? Because if we consider how far the story has progressed in terms of time, we have only gotten to Thanksgiving. The halfway point is the start of spring semester and we haven't reached that yet. At this rate I expect it to take both episodes 11 and 12 to get there.

I acknowledge that season 1 is about establishing the starting points of the various plot lines, but if it still takes two whole seasons to deal with the fall semester, then dealing with the whole spring semester in just one season will mean that the episodes are either going to be absolutely massive or they will really rush the story.

I'd rather have 10 more episodes of well paced story than 6 that ruin the ending by rushing it. But then stories progress in events rather than time so maybe we really are past the halfway point of drama and spring semester actually can be told in fewer instalments without being rushed. Maybe I just have too high hopes for it.

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024
Making the game better is a rather abstract concept. I agree that improving the visual aspect certainly has no impact on the core story. But while that is the most important part of a story driven game, it's not like the visuals are meaningless. Having different expressions adds body language to the conversations and makes the characters seem more like actual people. It improves the immersion and thus improves the game.

Provided obviously that DPC is good at it. Is he? Well mostly I'd say yes, but there is definitely room for improvement. And I don't mean increasing the specs further. That would be him getting more advanced tools. What I'd like to see is improvement in how he wields the tools he has now. Producing better art without increasing demands on the hardware and development time.

If we get an episode every December, 16 would be done in 2029. I consider expecting him to stick to that pace optimistic, so I draw the line at 2030. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

What I doubt most is the story being done in 16 episodes. Yes, I know what DPC says about it. I don't think he'll manage it. Why? Because if we consider how far the story has progressed in terms of time, we have only gotten to Thanksgiving. The halfway point is the start of spring semester and we haven't reached that yet. At this rate I expect it to take both episodes 11 and 12 to get there.

I acknowledge that season 1 is about establishing the starting points of the various plot lines, but if it still takes two whole seasons to deal with the fall semester, then dealing with the whole spring semester in just one season will mean that the episodes are either going to be absolutely massive or they will really rush the story.

I'd rather have 10 more episodes of well paced story than 6 that ruin the ending by rushing it. But then stories progress in events rather than time so maybe we really are past the halfway point of drama and spring semester actually can be told in fewer instalments without being rushed. Maybe I just have too high hopes for it.
There's not much left that needs to happen in detail. The relationship(s) progression needed time, and it took time, so that's done. But all the remaining shit could be resolved in one episode.

Of course, all that serious shit needs to be interspersed with some fucking and some comedy, so 6 episodes is more than a enough to wrap things up as well as have some climactic face off with Vinny and then have some epilogue.

An epilogue that was penned almost 4 years ago:

So the mc has a great time at college, many short term romances, enough great experiences to last a life time. Some tearful goodbyes with promises to meet again as he heads off after graduation to start a small engineering firm in his home town. He's conducting interviews for a receptionist and his mind starts to wander back to the girls from his past when this beautiful redhead walks in looking to apply for the position. The MC's heart skips a beat, could this be fate?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 29, 2017

1712659646575.png

1712659905646.png

Is DPC milking? Perhaps.
But have you considered the possibility that you're just an entitled whiner on a pirate forum with no real opinion of value? That any data used or extrapolation made is irrelevant, because you're on a website dedicated to getting games for free? That having the ability to criticize developers with no immediate danger of being banned for "unwarranted" negativity, makes you a loser with no life? And that by reading this comment, you are part of the problem? DPC is going to spend all this extra dev time on creating the newest Main Girl branch for Yoga Girl? The loveliest angel in yoga class, the most gorgeous lab student, she shines the brightest amongst a sea of stars.

Behold, a cosmic beauty in the heavens above.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes