TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
After 11 months without updates, all those things are just the causes of abandonment.
And I have facts.

It is NOT abandoned. I was helping him with a scene the other day. He just hasn't had a lot of time to work on it (couple days a week at best), and is trying to work on it while traveling back and forth around the globe and dealing with immigration and lawyers.

Even the arbitrary rules of the site, it takes 18 months without update to get the abandoned tag, and even that doesn't mean the game is actually abandoned, just slow.

Cryptist

Aug 20, 2020
And I have facts.

It is NOT abandoned. I was helping him with a scene the other day. He just hasn't had a lot of time to work on it (couple days a week at best), and is trying to work on it while traveling back and forth around the globe and dealing with immigration and lawyers.

Even the arbitrary rules of the site, it takes 18 months without update to get the abandoned tag, and even that doesn't mean the game is actually abandoned, just slow.
I did not know that 18 months was the line. I thought I had seen games marked abandoned at six months without update.

So, is he still collecting donations?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I did not know that 18 months was the line. I thought I had seen games marked abandoned at six months without update.

That is not the only way for it to happen, if there is no word from the devs, or if they say it's abandoned, there are other reasons for why it could be marked. And the rules changed over covid.

I would assume so, he has a lot of expenses right now. They are "donations". He is open about what he is doing, and people who want to pause their patronage, they can. But he is still working, the supporters are still getting test builds, things are progressing, it's just slower than we would all like.

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023

Your skepticism is valid. The abandoned tag is applied at 3 months of no official communication, which Runey knows. He can reset the clock by posting a couple paragraphs and an image on his pateron, which is what he's been doing.

It would be Decemberish before the abandoned tag will come into play, and he'll have the update out over the summer to avoid that.

Funnily enough, he's most active on itch.io, where he can slurp up praise from randos that don't recognize the game is stagnant. I imagine he's doing the same on his discord full of enablers.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
There's a much shorter deadline based on when the dev last made any kind of communication about the project (whether on this forum, their Patreon/Substar/etc., or a public-facing Twitter/Discord/etc. account), I think that's only something like 90 days; the 18 month deadline is for the last time an actual update to the game itself was released. Since Runey hasn't gone incommunicado, he gets the 18 months.

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
oh so it is somthing that is planed nice
For context, that's several years down the road. There are 7 ('clones' only count as 1) main story girls, and he does 1-3 story events for most of them (1 or 2 are usually skipped) each update. Oh, and there's that empty room that will supposedly contain a final resident, which is an entire story that hasn't even started yet (I suspect he'll actually just ditch it lol).

This was pretty good, when he was active, but he started slowing way down back in 2022. There's no way he's ever going back to more than 2 updates per year, not after he's established that his patrons are gullible dweebs.

So yeah, check back in 2029 or so, if that's the content you're after :KEK:

Reactions: nightwingbluebrry13
4.70 star(s) 445 Votes