• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
Honestly, I've always thought Rin was kind of an asshole. Not at all a bad person, but she's a teenager in a shitty circumstance; she can be a little self centered and minimize other people's problems
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Very well said. I imagine the reason why the self-insert things come rather often especially around Nodoka is exactly because her own story seems to be going nowhere, or hasn't started like you said. Thus when thinking about the in-story purpose of smartass characters such as herself, people have no other option but default to assuming their roles being either plot device or creator's self-insert. Neither of those is in-universe and thus neither of those is a good trait one assigns to characters that player can interact with on a daily basis.

The most generous benefit of the doubt I can give regarding Nodoka's purpose is that perhaps she is there mainly for tapping into cosmic secrets, and nothing more. Aka, understanding her episodes, her limitless knowledge, the upside down house, Kyoko Nagasawa, and understanding this senseless world through or with her are her purposes; and the rest will either be plot devices for others or simply go nowhere.

Like, at this point of time I've almost completely given up on Nodoka route receiving any interpersonal development content. Judging from how her book arc concluded and how things just seamlessly transitioned to Nodokathon, I sincerely don't know if she'd ever get her fair share of a long overdue kick in the shin. Maybe she will in the future, but after waiting months for any fallout to happen and none happened, I might as well believe that Selly personally tailors and puts a full set plot armor on her, grovels at her feet, before going out to get her coffee.
Well put. That's a fear I have as well. It feels like there have been many opportunities to add consequence and meaningful story arcs based on things she did, but none of them happened. We'll have to keep waiting I guess.

Reactions: Squalicorax

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Honestly, I've always thought Rin was kind of an asshole. Not at all a bad person, but she's a teenager in a shitty circumstance; she can be a little self centered and minimize other people's problems
Don't really have a problem with that line, when you're at the bottom of the well you can't have a filter. And she cares a lot about Futaba and her condition when she's able to (their conversation at the library shows this).

I agree with the general take about Rin though, she's one of the teenagers that most feels like a teenager in the game. And, by extension, she's also the one with one of the healthiest relationships with Akira (on Akira's part if good homie).

She hasn't been a good friend to him in recent chapters, but he doesn't seem to mind because, again, she's a teenager. There were no expectations to begin with. I think that she may come to a point where she realises that if she made Akira her anchor for both an open-dialogue friendship and sexual release (perhaps what she should have done from the start), she might become a much more stable character in relation to the other people she interacts with.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Maki and Molly aren't on complete top?
Also, why is Ami... so high?
And Sekai... so low?
Maki and Molly seem fine with the Harem, but not really desiring the Harem itself.

Ami has suggested sharing multiple times, seemed to try to seduce Maya, offered Ayane Sensei in the name of friendship, and seems able to tolerate others as long as she's not pushed out. GU Ami is also more desperate than BU Ami, so I'd think she'd tolerate a Harem if she actually gets some.
Is Sekai on conditional sharing because she'd let anyone have Akira BUT watermelon girl? lol
Sekai seemed jealous of Niki, and Sensei was likely dating Niki while fucking Sekai. So, there seemed to be conditional sharing going on, but I'm not sure if Sensei was allowed to fuck Niki, considering even a strand of Niki's hair apparently got him in trouble with Sekai.

Of course, that's alive Sekai. The supernatural Sekai says stuff like this:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
They seem fine with the Harem, but not really desiring the Harem itself.

Ami has suggested sharing multiple times, seemed to try to seduce Maya, offered Ayane Sensei in the name of friendship, and seems able to tolerate others as long as she's not pushed out. GU Ami is also more desperate than BU Ami, so I'd think she'd tolerate a Harem if she actually gets some.

Sekai seemed jealous of Niki, and Sensei was likely dating Niki while fucking Sekai. So, there seemed to be conditional sharing going on, but I'm not sure if Sensei was allowed to fuck Niki, considering even a strand of Niki's hair apparently got him in trouble with Sekai.

Of course, that's alive Sekai. The S
supernatural Sekai says stuff like this:
Actually, on the Sekai front, since you touched upon this topic before when Sekai talked about happiness on the first happy event she teaches Akira, Maya and Ami with the dildos, do you think Sekai truly "loved" Akira? And if so, do you also think she only loved Akira?

Cause that event really seemed to point in that direction, since for her to know Akira she'd already be with Nozomu, and until having sex with Akira she wasn't happy.

I wonder a lot about their relationship, and if she truly loved Akira then why'd she tease him about his brother (given that she could be keeping her husband just as an excuse to be close to Akira).

She'd also tease Akira about Niki, so it isn't clear to me even if Akira sought Niki as an escape, or on command from Sekai. He leaving Niki when Sekai died (and never having sex with her) is also a bad sign for his feelings towards her. And I do wonder sometimes if his first real love was Maya instead (maybe that's why Sekai hates so much).

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Actually, on the Sekai front, since you touched upon this topic before when Sekai talked about happiness on the first happy event she teaches Akira, Maya and Ami with the dildos, do you think Sekai truly "loved" Akira? And if so, do you also think she only loved Akira?

Cause that event really seemed to point in that direction, since for her to know Akira she'd already be with Nozomu, and until having sex with Akira she wasn't happy.

I wonder a lot about their relationship, and if she truly loved Akira then why'd she tease him about his brother (given that she could be keeping her husband just as an excuse to be close to Akira).

She'd also tease Akira about Niki, so it isn't clear to me even if Akira sought Niki as an escape, or on command from Sekai. He leaving Niki when Sekai died (and never having sex with her) is also a bad sign for his feelings towards her. And I do wonder sometimes if his first real love was Maya instead (maybe that's why Sekai hates so much).
I think Sekai at least thought she loved Sensei. At first it was just fun, but she eventually grew attached to him, and then Ami showed up, and those two are probably the only people she ever loved. Ami more so than Sensei, though.

Nozomu was probably more along the lines of a means to an end. Based off his wife fucking others behind his back, his younger bro fucking his wife, and Ami's description of him as normal, I'm guessing he was kind of a pushover that Sekai had control over.

I'm also not entirely convinced Sensei actually loved Maya, tbh. It seems like she just reminded him of himself and he may have tried "fixing" her:
and their relationship was the outcome.

Keep in mind, that he's more willing to fuck those he doesn't care about (Imani vs Rika). That's probably why he didn't fuck Niki, Noriko, or Ami pre resets. He actually cared about them as more than sex toys. Maya? Well, he may have grew attached to her over time like Sekai did him, but those years still aren't clear.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So, one of the things that hasn't been made clear yet is what exactly Maya did (that made her into a bad person). I was rewatching Noriko's conversation with Maya on the second beach trip, and the possibility for blackmail from Maya increased.
I think it's interesting because this conversation points out that Maya did some fucked up shit to get Akira away from Noriko (actually from Niki and Sekai), and that she was more or less in the same position as Ami in being a child trying to care for a broken adult. She tried to get him to move past them, but he was unable to, so they became these sources of fear for Maya (that she could do nothing about, but avoid).

Overall both of them want him to be healthy, but also not so healthy that he doesn't need them anymore - probably because if that day ever came to pass, then both Ami and Maya would also have to grow, and deal with the fact that Akira may simply not want to engage with them in a romantic manner (he could, but the possibility has got to be really scary for two people that have no one else in the world).

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023
So, one of the things that hasn't been made clear yet is what exactly Maya did (that made her into a bad person). I was rewatching Noriko's conversation with Maya on the second beach trip, and the possibility for blackmail from Maya increased.
I think it's interesting because this conversation points out that Maya did some fucked up shit to get Akira away from Noriko (actually from Niki and Sekai), and that she was more or less in the same position as Ami in being a child trying to care for a broken adult. She tried to get him to move past them, but he was unable to, so they became these sources of fear for Maya (that she could do nothing about, but avoid).

Overall both of them want him to be healthy, but also not so healthy that he doesn't need them anymore - probably because if that day ever came to pass, then both Ami and Maya would also have to grow, and deal with the fact that Akira may simply not want to engage with them in a romantic manner (he could, but the possibility has got to be really scary for two people that have no one else in the world).
Change the name "Maya" for HOPE and the name "Noriko" for WIRES

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes