• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Is ironman an alpha setting? I dont remember seeing it. and Does it just prevent reloads? (I would be really mad if I missed out on a capture and could not reload)

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Is ironman an alpha setting? I dont remember seeing it. and Does it just prevent reloads? (I would be really mad if I missed out on a capture and could not reload)
Yes. Ironman will be available to public when 0.8.3.2 public build is released. It is a perma death setting as you can see in that picture. As far as I can understand it, if your NPCs end the fight with -20 HP, they die. You cannot revive them.

For example: your NPC has 30 HP remaining in a fight, an enemy hits her for 60 damage, she is wearing leather armor with 10 soak so the damage she receives is only 50, she ends up with -20 HP. That's it, she dies. You cannot resuscitate her with a doctor's kit.

With better and better armor, the chances of her actually dying goes down but, even at HULC armor, you are always at the risk of a random cyber cannon crit.

I think it applies to girls you have in the arena too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seamonkey

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Yes. Ironman will be available to public when 0.8.3.2 public build is released. It is a perma death setting as you can see in that picture. As far as I can understand it, if your NPCs end the fight with -20 HP, they die. You cannot revive them.

For example: your NPC has 30 HP remaining in a fight, an enemy hits her for 60 damage, she is wearing leather armor with 10 soak so the damage she receives is only 50, she ends up with -20 HP. That's it, she dies. You cannot resuscitate her with a doctor's kit.

With better and better armor, the chances of her actually dying goes down but, even at HULC armor, you are always at the risk of a random cyber cannon crit.

I think it applies to girls you have in the arena too.
Permadeath sounds cool until godzilla attacks me and wipes my squad for good, I may still try it though assuming I can avoid him and other super hard fights. I guess this is for people who do not mind if they mess up a capture?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
After trying three runs with that Limp penalty I swore it off for good. There's nothing they could give me in the 15 point range that would be worth going through that again. You have to upgrade those Stables quite a bit as I recall, it sucks cash out of your early game like cold vacuum.
I hadn't taken it before but after trying it I'm going to have to agree. You can get through it once you upgrade the stables but I'd rather just tweak my build to not require it. I redid nearly the same build and didn't need limp. I lost medical but actually had better stats overall without needing limp. I see some sacrificial randoms in my future to grind out medical...

For a Rise start I'm not sure I could come up with a way to get the mandatory traits I want without taking any disadvantages but I think I'd probably still avoid limp. I think you're right that the key there is to limit your skill classes to the bare minimum, probably 2 levels of soldier and nothing else. Then you still have some points for traits.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
For me the main reason to pick any of the skill classes is just to meet the minimum stat threshold to pick the traits I want. I would probably go with zero skill classes if not for that. For now I've been taking expert slaver just because I STILL haven't done Adora's quest yet and I want to see it. Other than that I take soldier so I can pick Deadly Strike and either Doctor or Scholar so I can take Brainy.
You can add points directly to Intelligence in Attributes tab to unlock Brainy.

Personally, I don't think Z Mark is worth 50 points. The 5 health and stamina restored during night is only useful in the very early game and extra stats are kind of meh, as you could instead pick disciplined to speed up training of all basic skills.

Disciplined is of course not strictly needed, but I think it is a good choice when I have some points to spare.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You can add points directly to Intelligence in Attributes tab to unlock Brainy.

Personally, I don't think Z Mark is worth 50 points. The 5 health and stamina restored during night is only useful in the very early game and extra stats are kind of meh, as you could instead pick disciplined to speed up training of all basic skills.

Disciplined is of course not strictly needed, but I think it is a good choice when I have some points to spare.
Yeah Z Mark is just a nice to have. For me the mandatory ones are Brainy, Deadly Strike, Manhunter, and Tough. My latest build I only took 2 skill classes to leave more points for boosting stats. For a Rise from the Ashes start I would just take 2 levels of soldier and no other skill classes so I had pts left for traits. I can get those mandatory traits with a Rise start but my stats are pretty ugly.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
how do i unlock the nurse title ? i dont see it on job/title.
Not available in public build yet. Will be soon. Grim said mid May at the earliest iirc. If you saw the job in the wiki, it is often updated with alpha content, content that are only accessible via patreon and subscribestar subscribers. They get to test new patches 2-3 weeks earlier than non subscribers depending on their tier, iron out some kinks, catch some stray bugs, etc.

Reactions: ghost by the lake

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I made the wrong choice in The Prowler in the Depths mission
, how can I change it?
Which choice exactly? Resetting Winton, resetting the quest, and resetting the trigger for the quest all belong to different variables (winton_sex, quest_winton, and aca_hemme or was it aca_wolf). The fastest way would be to reload an earlier save before you made the choice.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Yeah Z Mark is just a nice to have. For me the mandatory ones are Brainy, Deadly Strike, Manhunter, and Tough. My latest build I only took 2 skill classes to leave more points for boosting stats. For a Rise from the Ashes start I would just take 2 levels of soldier and no other skill classes so I had pts left for traits. I can get those mandatory traits with a Rise start but my stats are pretty ugly.
I consider Debt and Unlucky to be mandatory. 40 creation points for a daily fee of $25 + a few dollars from unlucky events, is super cheap.

The only other traits I always get are Brainy, Big dick and Party animal.

In current Rise from ashes start, I only added Disciplined, 55 points on intelligence (90) and 35 points on manipulate (50).

High level strategy is to have a very small household, do basic training (stamina 100+ first) and hunting for cash, until I have a significant passive income from gardens.

I will then buy a workshop, build cheap plasma rifles or coilguns and let mercenaries do most of the fighting. At some point I will get around to train mc fighting stats, but, I don't see it as a priority.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Huh. I have always considered Manhunter the best trait personally, especially now with the addition of male captures. +15 to capture AND +15% to their auction sell price? Yes. Unless you plan a pacifist run I guess.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I consider Debt and Unlucky to be mandatory. 40 creation points for a daily fee of $25 + a few dollars from unlucky events, is super cheap.

The only other traits I always get are Brainy, Big dick and Party animal.

In current Rise from ashes start, I only added Disciplined, 55 points on intelligence (90) and 35 points on manipulate (50).

High level strategy is to have a very small household, do basic training (stamina 100+ first) and hunting for cash, until I have a significant passive income from gardens.

I will then buy a workshop, build cheap plasma rifles or coilguns and let mercenaries do most of the fighting. At some point I will get around to train mc fighting stats, but, I don't see it as a priority.
Yeah I think Debt and Unlucky are the 2 least obnoxious disadvantages (especially Debt). The other disadvantages I would consider are the one that caps dexterity at 70 since dex is not really very useful anyway, and probably BO since I usually take a bath with the girls before getting it on anyway. I could see an argument for Gluttonous since you're probably going to do a ton of stamina training anyway but I don't like perpetually declining stats so I would probably avoid that one. Limp is another option I guess but it's extremely annoying until you get your stables maxed out.

Tough is the only trait I would never play without because I refuse to allow stat losses on MC from combat so any extra soak I can get I'm taking. The existence of the Stryker Implant at the mastersphere also makes Deadly Strike the superior combat damage perk to take over the ranged option IMO and extra damage kind of falls into the same category as extra soak for me so I can't see skipping Deadly Strike unless I'm playing a game where I take Pacifist (haven't tried that yet). With slave capture being such a big part of the game now I can't see not taking Manhunter (again, unless I take Pacifist). Brainy would be very painful to give up. Grinding stats is already a long slog, especially in a Rise play through where all of your stats suck. I want those bonus skill pts from books and classes.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Huh. I have always considered Manhunter the best trait personally, especially now with the addition of male captures. +15 to capture AND +15% to their auction sell price? Yes. Unless you plan a pacifist run I guess.
I also used to consider Manhunter to be mandatory, but starting with current Rise from Ashes start, I figured that I don't really need the 15% extra sale price and 85% vs 100% capture rate is not really significant.

I may regret it if I fail to capture some unique slave though.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I also used to consider Manhunter to be mandatory, but starting with current Rise from Ashes start, I figured that I don't really need the 15% extra sale price and 85% vs 100% capture rate is not really significant.

I think with a whip you're at 100% without Manhunter. The real appeal to Manhunter for me is the improved capture chance with weapons other than a whip (like a greatsword), plus the extra sale price. So I'm significantly more likely to capture that Hulk armor wearing, plasma wielding guy in a tier 7 bounty with my great sword with Manhunter meaning I don't have to switch to a whip and potentially eat an extra plasma blast to the face.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I think with a whip you're at 100% without Manhunter. The real appeal to Manhunter for me is the improved capture chance with weapons other than a whip (like a greatsword), plus the extra sale price. So I'm significantly more likely to capture that Hulk armor wearing, plasma wielding guy in a tier 7 bounty with my great sword with Manhunter meaning I don't have to switch to a whip and potentially eat an extra plasma blast to the face.
Without modifiers like manhunter, the base chance to capture someone using the whip is 90% (5% base + 85% Whipping Cane)

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024

Actually, maybe I should try some game starts without Manhunter. It's still an S tier trait but me calling it the best trait might need some more thought. Its really really loaded for a 15 cost trait though and it makes starting on Grimdark A Dying World easier. That's what I call a capture rich environment.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Without modifiers like manhunter, the base chance to capture someone using the whip is 90% (5% base + 85% Whipping Cane)
Ok if that's the case then that would definitely make Manhunter mandatory to me. No way am I going to accidentally kill a unique I want to capture. I always take it anyway since slave capture/sale is such a huge part of the early game for me.

Reactions: Seamonkey
4.50 star(s) 115 Votes