Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 11 Votes
Aug 5, 2017
Like in LoM you can miss content if you mono-focus on something; I'm reasonably certain that you met the stalker girl in the gym (she's one of the 3 girls that show up when you do PT in the gym, and since you're advancing Lin's storyline you must be doing that). It's also WAY denser than LoM in terms of side-content, with literally hundreds of little events in for the 54 days currently ingame. If you spent all of that time running solitarily in the tunnel, I guess I can see why you wanted more time to chat with girls :)
Kelly does kinda come out of nowhere, since "Wait, Kelly???" used to be the first time her name is used outside image filenames. I think you added a short intro with her when doing PT where she's kinda creepy but then she's just an image until katie catches her.

Throwing in a 'good job, April'. 'That's enough for today, Kelly' in some of the PT dialogues might help, tell players they're unique characters and not 'generic girl training in gym who isn't lin'

Reactions: Droid Productions

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Finally got done with the update (had a lot of things going on so it took longer than expected).

Gotta say, really loving Katie in this game.
Having her being a lot of the focus and spending a lot of time with the MC (with the gym, fight camps etc etc) I think benefited her character a lot; especially in comparison to Love of Magic which I wish would have gotten more Katie content towards the later parts of that game.

Lin is great as always; just loving her affectionate side to MC.
Saoe, I'm quite interested also.

Molly, I'm intrigued with the change in relationship dynamic from LoM (if LoM gave a somewhat slightly younger feeling in terms of age between MC and her, in this game, she is clearly MC's senior, which makes for an intriguing dialogues).

Though ngl, Bella is sorely missed.
We saw her once in Shadow Court, but here's hoping we get to see her again soon enough.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just found this one. Do I need to complete LoM first or is this a seperate game?
Separate game, though some of the same souls return in a very different world (I got inspired by the idea of the eternal hero mythos).

Unlike Love of Magic, Morningstar is more gritty, MC's a lot more battle-scarred, and the story's more inspired by 80s/90s action movies (think Rocky, Highlander, The Crow, Bloodsports, etc... a good modern analogy is John Wick).

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Separate game, though some of the same souls return in a very different world (I got inspired by the idea of the eternal hero mythos).

Unlike Love of Magic, Morningstar is more gritty, MC's a lot more battle-scarred, and the story's more inspired by 80s/90s action movies (think Rocky, Highlander, The Crow, Bloodsports, etc... a good modern analogy is John Wick).
Thanks for respondin. I usually only play Ren'py games, but I liked LoM, way behind on it though, so decided to give this one a shot.

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
Do I need to play Love of Magic to appreciate/enjoy this game?

Edit: Ahhh my tendency to type the second i see the first post...

Nevermind, sounds like LoM and Mornignstar aren't connected in any crossover fashion. I'm interested so giving this one a try!

Last edited:

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
Do I need to play Love of Magic to appreciate/enjoy this game?

Edit: Ahhh my tendency to type the second i see the first post...

Nevermind, sounds like LoM and Mornignstar aren't connected in any crossover fashion. I'm interested so giving this one a try!
You should try Lovee of Magic too :D

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
I am not sure why?
Urban fantasy with Arthurian legends and other stuff... :)
I'm all for Urban Fantasy but Arthurian stuff doesn't draw me in, seems the gameplay/minigame might not be my thing. I'm not sure based on how the character looks and then the Persona thing... All I ever played was P3P, sure I enjoyed it but I didn't play the sequels.

LoM isn't what I'm looking for in a Adult Game is what I'm saying.

Offtopic but is there a link to like the playlist/soundtrack for Morningstar cause dman, the menu and the intro is catchy...

Edit:
Man, I'm going to need a walkthrough of sorts, the one in the wiki feels incomplete...

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Offtopic but is there a link to like the playlist/soundtrack for Morningstar cause dman, the menu and the intro is catchy...
If you check your ingame phone, there's a music player there with all the tracks, and links to the creator.

As for a walkthrough, I've tried hard to make stuff really obvious (clearly marking key decisions in dialog, similar to a walkthrough, and using quests and exclamation marks on the quicknav to highlight available actions).

Reactions: motseer
4.90 star(s) 11 Votes