• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Noble Cause (A free upcoming noble life sandbox) [Dev Thread]

nobodyfast

Oct 4, 2019
Hey all, what's up. I've been cooking up a project and have decided to announce it and hopefully start to foster some sort of community around it.

Right off the bat you should know this game I am making will be entirely text based, with that out of the way let's get into what this game is and why I'm making it. (More on why it's text based later.)

Noble Cause is a game in which you will play as a medieval noble and inherit a certain amount of assets, the ultimate goal is to make your way up to king of the region. This game will be ENTIRELY free, with no patreon benefits or similar, everyone gets access to the same content.

The game will mainly cater to those interested in playing a dominant male protagonist, you'll start out with a modest if not pleasantly large household and a decent sum to start your new ventures.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where the game differs from other games of a similar concept:
Unlike Jack, or Evil 2, or Strive, Or even No Haven; Noble Cause does not have you interact with the world as an abstract player character, rather you yourself navigate the world. Relaxing in your private sauna and wish to go upstairs? You'll need to make your way there yourself, using commands such as:

Exit pool.

Exit Sauna.

Go Upstairs.

This has its upsides and downsides, on one hand navigating will be slower, on the other hand you will be immersed more in the world, but even more importantly all other characters also exist in the world too, allow me to explain.

Using the example for earlier, you get up out of the pool, and exit the Sauna, at that same time a Maid who has been wandering the house may happen to be there as well as she continues toward whatever she's up to. Perhaps suddenly you find yourself in the mood to have fun, or maybe you simply smack her ass and let her continue on her way, either way the characters will dynamically navigate your manor and home.
Another example, relaxing in the master bedroom and order said maid from earlier to bring you wine? She'll go there room by room, you can follow her even if you'd like.

(You can simply choose to wait by the way, even specify how many turns to wait for. You'll do nothing but the world around you continues.)

This sort of system is meant for immersing you in the life of a medieval noble, in large part this entire game is meant to be like that, an immersive simulation. It may not be suited for those who like their games super quick paced however, which is understandable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But what can you actually do in it?

Noble Cause will be a game about living as a hedonistic nobleman, you can purchase slaves and train them, go from a minor Baron to the Emperor. As a Baron you'll have the money to get maybe two or three personal slaves at most, as an emperor you'll have access to a massive personal harem. (There's going to be a system of girls you'll mark as "important." These are slave girls whom the system will recall once you get to those larger number of girls, this way you can have access to random procedurally generated girls and girls to train and get to know individually. Non important girls will appear as procedural, and you won't see them again if you don't mark them as important, this is to save on memory. Only important girls movements are tracked.)

Hire maids or meet women to seduce, marry them, marry multiple and have a harem of concubines! Go out to lavish parties for important men such as yourself, where prostitutes and dancers are sure to keep you entertained. Scoff at the peasant masses, or become so rich you basically hand out gold like candy. Indulge is an exotic variety of drugs, want to snort some strange powder off a slave girl? Of course you do.

There will be a lot to indulge in, and a lot of fun to be had, as this is the main theme of the game. It is a power fantasy, as a basic outline for what you can do:

Slaves: Buy slaves, from shitty peasant markets or expensive auctions for nobles. Train slaves to become obedient, a variety of personalities and traits will keep things fresh. You can make slaves love you, make them despise but fear you, completely mindbreak them, feed them with aphrodisiacs so they have no choice but to beg, or hey just do it and watch them squirm. You can keep them in your dungeon, a place that will have all sorts of fun toys, time passes dynamically in the game so you can stick a vibrator on her while you go count your gold and come back to find her a mess. Or simply use the wait command and watch her reactions. You can also pimp them out of course, it may prove to be quite profitable.

Romance: Sometimes a noble just wants some love, not all of your sexual companions have to be acquired through abuse! Announce your looking for a wife, sure as a baron or duke you'll get about two dozen pretty applicants, as king or emperor you'll get some of the empire's most beautiful women asking for you to take their hand. Not all of these have to end in marriage, maybe she's just a bit of fun on the side or maybe you decide to enslave her for fun. A romantic companion can turn into a slave and vice versa. And of course their personality will change their reaction to a lot of things, take a sweet girl in and corrupt her as she witnesses your depraved behavior. Or find a girl even more fucked up than you are and watch in horror as she makes you look like a saint by comparison. Girls come in all kinds, meek to defiant, strong to weak.

Sexual Systems: Everything said before is all well and good, but what's the sexual system like, what are the possibilities? Well the way the action system is being set up, quite a lot, if you want to have a massive orgy that'll be possible. A double blowjob, have a girl stack on another girl, and so on. Give girls all kinds of strange aphrodisiacs, set house rules slaves must follow. Have a lovely night with your concubines before settling to sleep.

Your Home and Your spending: You'll get to upgrade your home with a variety of fun things, a private sauna, a bigger bed, expensive foods. Let's face it, most of us aren't that rich in real life, so fuck it we'll just be rich virtually. Blow your coins on expensive prostitutes and drugs, buy all kinds things simply because you can. The higher up on the noble hierarchy you get, the more you earn, and the more you can indulge! There will be a lot to by that will open up more ways to have fun, and a lot to buy that really isn't going to have much of a point, not that you care because you're the emperor and you are rich.

Optional Content: This game will have some dark content, obviously things such as rape and sexual abuse, but as long as that you will be able to punish your slaves in some pretty disturbing ways, even outright killing them. Other noblemen may speak of such dark acts in conversation, such features can of course be disabled as you may not want to encounter them.

I made this game because I felt slave trainers lacked something I personally wanted, my two personal favorites are Jack o Nine and Raana. Both allow you to, at least to some extent, live that hedonistic lifestyle. Both are also fantastic games, and while Jack isn't really updated lately Raana is very much growing. I want to let a player feel like they're the asshole nobleman in some ntr hentai, what's the point of being a rich slave owner if I can't buy a sauna to get a blowjob in?

As for why the game is text based, well to put it simply, it's the easiest way to make this vision come to reality. I'm not an artist, I don't have the money to pay an artist, and I want to simply be able to focus on the sheer mechanics of things. It allows me to implement a lot of what I want to quickly, as I won't have to worry about the modelling and assets to go with it. That said it isn't impossible for renders to come maybe in the future but it's not something I'd count on.

If you've read all this and it's piqued your interest, feel free to join the newly created Discord.

The game is not finished and or playable and likely won't be for some months

nobodyfast

Oct 4, 2019
The beginning of the system is now set up and in place. I've set up randomly generated people, here's what the random generation system currently contains:

When a person is loaded into the world (non important people are loaded and offloaded based off if the player is there) they are assigned hair with a hair color and length. Female characters get a random chest size that works on a bell curve (flat is rarest, average is most common, so on and so on)

Depending on the location and of course status of a person (slaves at a slave auction will have very different outfits compared to a housemaid for example), their clothing will vary. There is a system for underwear, so clothing has layers of sort, the system is a bit of a mess on the code side but works fine in the engine. A person can also be a peasant or a noble.

The world also has a weather system now, just a nice day night cycle and simple weather, it isn't important but helps give the world some slight variety.

nobodyfast

Oct 4, 2019
People now have a cost value, breast and butt size contribute to this. They also have an attractiveness rating now, which is the main factor is determining the cost of someone. Later on personality is also going to play into this, as well as fame and so on. (Similar to the way jack determines value, or free cities determines value, it's more than just looks).

nobodyfast

Oct 4, 2019
Started the basics of the consent system, the outputted sexual text can vary depending on if the person you are banging consents to the action or not.

nobodyfast

Oct 4, 2019
Alright, with all the work that has been done done I figure it'd be most efficient to make a nice summary and changelog as to what's been added since Wednesday, (when the game was just a proof of concept in my head). As well as a nice screenshot where you can see I forgot to define what clothes a man should spawn with in the market. (Also a harem top and a mini skirt? odd choice.)

themarket.PNG

Writing is still fairly dry so I can just focus on the coding aspect, you probably know if you've read these I am bad at shutting up.

Characters:

Characters have varying body shapes and hair. Characters will of course be different depending on where you actually find them, this is still in the early stages of testing but I've made it so that if you go to the standard slave market (there's a lot of different kinds) 99% of the women there will be slaves either for sale or with an owner, all characters have names now. The table of names is pretty big so you're unlikely to see duplicates.

Characters AI hasn't been programmed yet, however.

All women NPCs have a hidden "worth" value, determined by their body shape, attractiveness score, and personality traits (not yet implemented). There are a few different clothing types, outfits, shirts and pants (both of these basically just cover and kind of top clothing and bottom clothing, outfits are full body) underwear, bras, and accessories (things like leashes.)

Down the line I may add more variation to the body system (breasts don't have just a size, but a shape, for example), but for now I'm keeping it simple while building the basics.

For a little insight into how the NPC system actually functions in the world:

all npcs start in a room called the offloader, these npcs are not assigned any traits except gender. When the player enters a "region", a set of NPCs is brought out of offloader to populate it. The regions affects clothes, body size, attractiveness, and so on.

This is where most of the work went so far, next up is the sex system which I've just started on.

Also noble titles are in the game now, they don't do anything at the moment though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world:

nothing super notable, I made a few regions for testing the previously mentioned systems but these are not meant to stay in the game. Actually making the world will not come until I'm decently satisfied with the framework.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sexual systems:

Very basic consent and vaginal sex has been added (not very interesting or flavorful though). As well as a stock in the slave market that I've been testing.

The plans for the sex system are big, and I'm sure I'll have much more to say on it soon. Right now it is just initiate sex and wait to finish or cancel, but as it is the next big thing on the radar it's going to expand quickly.

The very first building blocks of the ownership system have been set up. It really does basically nothing right now.

Right now the codebase is a measly 700 or so lines, roughly 4 thousand words, and 27 thousand characters! (Coding gets faster and faster as I get familiar with the engine though, what took like three hours when starting takes fifteen minutes now.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The future:

I have no plans to stop making this little passion project of mine, honestly development is going by a little bit faster than I expected.

I'm still deciding on how exactly I'm going to have the setting be, how fantastical and how plain, should I do a odd medieval sci-fi blend sort of like jack o nine does for more freedom? I'll likely end up leaning into one or both of these options purely to expand the amount of options for the player.

I'd expect at this rate the progress is going I'd be able to have an alpha release within 4-8 months. I don't want to release a game that is barebones, I want even the first release to have plenty to play around with.

On the price of the game:

Still going to be completely free! (nobody is paying for a text based game nowadays anyway, hell people barely play the free ones)

As well of course no locked content. I don't know how much I'll put into this game but everything I do is going to be accessible to all (over the age of 18).

If this project sounds interesting to you, or seems like it may be your type of game, I'd love to hear your thoughts or input here or in the discord.

Come say this game looks shit, come say what you'd like to see or what you don't want to see, it'll be fun, probably.

I'm not sure if anyone will even read this far, but if you did, thanks for checking out my project even if it isn't for you!

-N

(I'll be posting more of these big logs in the future if you want to follow progress that way)

nobodyfast

Oct 4, 2019
Another update, things are progressing smoothly.

I'm working on a demo meant to showcase the sexual and training systems, which would technically be the first "release" of the game (though I wouldn't exactly consider it so, as it's not an alpha). The demo is going to contain one premade character and the basic player home. I'll have more information on that later