Recommending Story-first games

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
TL;DR: It's probably a good idea to listen to jufot.
Fair enough. it's his thread. As I said, it went a little deeper than I initially intended beyond the Discord comment. Well, that and the whole 'I don't like X genre/game = you're seriously disturbed' thing, which just isn't cool on website like this.

I guess it just roots in the concept that if you're going to leave a platform open for debate (such as this one), then it should be open for anything and everything (within the constructs of the said platforms rules, obviously). If not, then what's the point? This is aimed less at the loli/shota stuff and more at the rape, to be clear. But the point still kind of stands for both regardless.

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
I think there is a bit of a disconnect in what the thread was intended to do, be a forum for and what the reality of this site is. Neither invalid, however: I think what jufot wants to discuss could be respected, and all it takes is a little respect and maturity. Far too little of that going around. Yes, this is an open forum, but that does not exclude threads that have a target audience, no? No reason why we can submit to being civil and obey the yield sign.

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
Fortunately next week we'll be talking about "Gemini", the next game in the Elsaverse. It's insanely good and, most importantly, it's a story-first game and not some offtopic meta discussion.
I lost track of the Elsaverse after Saving Chloe. I thought it was the last one with the same universe (or characters with intertwined stories). Is that one a continuation of the same universe?

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I lost track of the Elsaverse after Saving Chloe. I thought it was the last one with the same universe (or characters with intertwined stories). Is that one a continuation of the same universe?
First, credit to Moskys for the extreme amount of work that he did on this wiki:

Depending on how you count them, Gemini is either the 7th or the 10th game in the Elsaverse.

The first five games are in the Omnibus Vol1, along with 5 visual short stories, 4 text short stories, and a text novella. The games are:
Dreaming with Elsa
Redemption for Jessika
Finding Miranda
Saving Chloe
Darkness Falls

After that, it goes:
Elsa's Nightmares
Elsaverse: Transitions
Chasing Beth
Elsaverse: Past, Present, and Future
Gemini

Links to all of them are here:

Gemini will be released to the public on Tuesday, and I'll add it to the above about page.

Tlaero

edit: If you don't want to play all of those games, a good place to start is Chasing Beth.

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Fortunately next week we'll be talking about "Gemini", the next game in the Elsaverse. It's insanely good and, most importantly, it's a story-first game and not some offtopic meta discussion.
Or Zero End. It has a new release too

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
First, credit to Moskys for the extreme amount of work that he did on this wiki:

Depending on how you count them, Gemini is either the 7th or the 10th game in the Elsaverse.

The first five games are in the Omnibus Vol1, along with 5 visual short stories, 4 text short stories, and a text novella. The games are:
Dreaming with Elsa
Redemption for Jessika
Finding Miranda
Saving Chloe
Darkness Falls

After that, it goes:
Elsa's Nightmares
Elsaverse: Transitions
Chasing Beth
Elsaverse: Past, Present, and Future
Gemini

Links to all of them are here:

Gemini will be released to the public on Tuesday, and I'll add it to the above about page.

Tlaero

edit: If you don't want to play all of those games, a good place to start is Chasing Beth.
I'd like to ask if after Saving Chloe they go after the witch (a girl with crow feathers? She was with Chloe's dad) in any of the following games. It let me hooked, but without knowing if they went after her.
I also wonder if they managed to lift Miranda's curse.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Fair enough. it's his thread. As I said, it went a little deeper than I initially intended beyond the Discord comment. Well, that and the whole 'I don't like X genre/game = you're seriously disturbed' thing, which just isn't cool on website like this.

I guess it just roots in the concept that if you're going to leave a platform open for debate (such as this one), then it should be open for anything and everything (within the constructs of the said platforms rules, obviously). If not, then what's the point? This is aimed less at the loli/shota stuff and more at the rape, to be clear. But the point still kind of stands for both regardless.
i don't know who said "seriously disturbed", I didn't see that but to me it's all just discussions.
If a thread owner (any thread owner) doesn't want the people in it to discuss some things, I'll do what they ask to be respectful.

If someone someday makes another thread, I'll read that too.
I don't have an interest to make a thread, so complying to a thread owner's wish and personal disposition is okay.

What's important to me is narrowing the list of games to play next. And secondary to that, maybe the devs would get more support off of the discussions.
It really doesn't matter to me all that much whether we can talk or not talk about some games or some subject matters as long as I get to read recommendations of games.

Most of the time I gloss over appearances. To me a game can have only background images and texts only without character images in it and I'd be perfectly fine with it. The background images alone saves so much time compared to reading a book. And AVN in general is brief compared to other mediums.

If Capella ever write a PDF of the entire Mad World script to completion, I would pay for that even if the game itself is abandoned. I would pay for that right now actually, cuz I want to read about Paeonia and Vincent in particular and the story in general.

What I want to read is the author's writing.
A good story is a good story. I'll read good stories.
Even moreso if the characters in the stories are written with nuances.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I'd like to ask if after Saving Chloe they go after the witch (a girl with crow feathers? She was with Chloe's dad) in any of the following games. It let me hooked, but without knowing if they went after her.
I also wonder if they managed to lift Miranda's curse.
She was arrested along Morland in Saving Chloe. But she still can be seen in other titles

camube

Jun 4, 2022
EndlessNights, can i ask why Superhuman has it's own separate thread discussion?
What happen with just talking on the main thread?

For context i ask because Our Red String for a short while moved to a separate thread too because someone posted far too many fan pictures and f95 Team locked the main thread because of it for some period of time.
Or at least I think that was the reason, I wasn't actually there when the thread initially got locked. I learned about it after the fact.
I don't think people posting fan pics to be disruptive, and even if I ever find them disruptive, I can just skim over the posts.

What's funnier though is that when the thread got locked there was a notice of redirection to an AI art ORS thread or something like that. So it actually became disruptive because people that wants to have discussion got redirected to that specific-purpose art thread, and actually disrupt the people that were already there to begin with, lol.

Did something similar happen to Superhuman thread?

Also, from your view, has Superhuman reach at least 50% completion?
I'm running out of renpy game to play and it's about time to dive into backlog

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes