VN Ren'Py The Beautiful Game [Ch. 1 v0.6.2] [Daggum]

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
My main gripe is that the game has a bit of a femdom feel to it. I understand that the MC doesn't have much experience but that doesn't mean he should just let the women lead him around in every encounter. Also lewd scenes are mostly just teasing at this point.
I'm glad you picked up on that as a feel, because it was intentional. Sheltered fresh graduate is suddenly thrown into a world dominated by women, somewhere women feel in charge? Yeah, that'll happen initially. But the MC is on a journey, and if anyone who has played v0.7 already will hopefully agree, he grows a fair bit over that week, and the lewd scenes have gone down well with people that have played that version. The growth of the MC continues over the course of the game, which is a key part of the story.

Update: on your wish to have more of the football, the stakes, the comedy, yes that is all coming. Chapter 1 is really an intro to help people understand what is probably an alien environment to most AVN fans, but also to get a feel for the large number of characters you would get in such an environment. This is not going to be a short game and I'm trying to do justice, as much as you can with an AVN, to the slightly special world of professional sport. Also, in case you hadn't realised it I am just one guy, and doing this in Daz, so rendering takes a long time. One of the animations you said you loved took 2 days to render. I'm also doing this in my spare time and I have a young family to look after. So, all of that means I can't give everything all at once. The story is deliberate but the things you and others have said you love will come, just at various stages.

In short, the football and all the wonderful drama that comes with it will dominate in the subsequent chapters.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017
The MC kind of annoys me with how much of an oblivious square he is early on (not caught up yet). Although I appreciate this isn't just another game with an aggressive/perverted protag. I know if I had a body and cock like that my confidence would be narcissist levels regardless of how sheltered I was. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Daggum Games

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
The MC kind of annoys me with how much of an oblivious square he is early on (not caught up yet). Although I appreciate this isn't just another game with an aggressive/perverted protag. I know if I had a body and cock like that my confidence would be narcissist levels regardless of how sheltered I was. :ROFLMAO:
Haha wait until you catch up and get the Chloe date scenes in v0.7. There are some nice insights into his character.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AnonW123

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
So, we'll never be able to date Chloe unless we also date Jasmine?
You need to be on her path. Dating hasn't happened yet with Jasmine. Path yes or no is simply a way for players that have very strong negative reactions to some LIs of managing things. If you are indifferent or like her then stay on her path. There hasn't been much lewdness between MC and her yet and all you need to do is be on her path for a bit to unlock Chloe dates and something else that happens in v0.7. That's the story and it is done for a reason. I'm deliberately not forcing dating on anyone. For Jasmine at least there will be a difference between being on her path and dating her.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You need to be on her path. Dating hasn't happened yet with Jasmine. Path yes or no is simply a way for players that have very strong negative reactions to some LIs of managing things. If you are indifferent or like her then stay on her path. For Jasmine at least there will be a difference between being on her path and dating her.
I appreciate you answering my questions friend. I'll stop annoying you know.

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
I appreciate you answering my questions friend. I'll stop annoying you know.
It's fine, not annoying me at all. I'm seeing the positive: the fact people are asking these qns means they have in some way connected with the game, and that's all I can ask for. I'm not some big name professional dev, so just getting some likes and appreciation for the effort / attempt is great.

The only thing annoying me is the mods so far not removing the allegation of rape in one of the troll reviews.

Update: fake allegation now removed! Thanks, mods.

Last edited:

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
It's fine, not annoying me at all. I'm seeing the positive: the fact people are asking these qns means they have in some way connected with the game, and that's all I can ask for. I'm not some big name professional dev, so just getting some likes and appreciation for the effort / attempt is great.

The only thing annoying me is the mods so far not removing the allegation of rape in one of the troll reviews.
Yeah, that's kind of lame that they haven't removed that.

Reactions: AnonW123

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
That's disappointing. Good luck with the game.
I've seen your comment on this and similar expressions of disappointment about tying Chloe dates to Jasmine's path. I wouldn't have guessed Chloe was so important to people! Seeing as that is the case, I'm going to make a small tweak to what happens on Sunday evening to allow the MC to go on a date with Chloe. It's in keeping with the story and is little effort on my part, so there we go.

Sep 3, 2020
I've seen your comment on this and similar expressions of disappointment about tying Chloe dates to Jasmine's path. I wouldn't have guessed Chloe was so important to people! Seeing as that is the case, I'm going to make a small tweak to what happens on Sunday evening to allow the MC to go on a date with Chloe. It's in keeping with the story and is little effort on my part, so there we go.
I haven't played the game yet so maybe it's not my place to comment

I'm assuming in order to get to that character you have to be romantically involved with Jasmine

and a lot of people myself included don't want to be romantically involved with one character just to get a

option to be with the girl they love

now if it's just you have to be friends with Jasmine and nothing physical I don't see a problem with that

Sep 3, 2020
Yup, my tweak above will sort that.
that's great brother because for monogamy players

and people like me who don't like to cheat

being forced to be with

one girl just to be with another girl

is heartbreaking and makes you feel awful

which sadly many games do

a lot of games are like

if you're in love with this girl too bad you have to date

this other girl first before we can give you access to the girl you actually like

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
I'm glad you picked up on that as a feel, because it was intentional. Sheltered fresh graduate is suddenly thrown into a world dominated by women, somewhere women feel in charge? Yeah, that'll happen initially. But the MC is on a journey, and if anyone who has played v0.7 already will hopefully agree, he grows a fair bit over that week, and the lewd scenes have gone down well with people that have played that version. The growth of the MC continues over the course of the game, which is a key part of the story.

Update: on your wish to have more of the football, the stakes, the comedy, yes that is all coming. Chapter 1 is really an intro to help people understand what is probably an alien environment to most AVN fans, but also to get a feel for the large number of characters you would get in such an environment. This is not going to be a short game and I'm trying to do justice, as much as you can with an AVN, to the slightly special world of professional sport. Also, in case you hadn't realised it I am just one guy, and doing this in Daz, so rendering takes a long time. One of the animations you said you loved took 2 days to render. I'm also doing this in my spare time and I have a young family to look after. So, all of that means I can't give everything all at once. The story is deliberate but the things you and others have said you love will come, just at various stages.

In short, the football and all the wonderful drama that comes with it will dominate in the subsequent chapters.
I appreciate the response and I look forward to 0.7 when it drops.

One major thing I liked and forgot to mention is the ethnic diversity of the Lis. As a black man, it is frustrating for me that there is very little diversity in most avns I encounter. While the mc is still white, there are multiple important black lis and other brown skin women (light and dark complexion) and I love that.

I don't have any opinions on your development speed at this point. You did a remaster with new content so I know that would take significantly longer.

Re: the women in charge, the one thing to bear in mind is just as Ivy wants the women protected from any abuse of authority by the mc the reverse should apply as well. In football as you know, the star players often have more authority and influence than even the head coaches. So I would love to see that addressed.

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Thanks, man. A lot of people have pointed out that aspect of diversity in a positive light, so I'm glad you get some value from it. To me it was natural, and not in any way political. Football has that global aspect to it, and I wanted that reflected in the players. As to the LIs? Well, let's just say that I appreciate ladies of all flavours, heritages, backgrounds. I'm not making any political points in this game. I've said before I want the game to be escapism. But if you get a boost from what I have done then that is awesome. The only time when I have done something deliberate, and not obviously linked to the world of football, on the diversity front is when it comes to Kimora. She is neurodiverse. I am neurodiverse too, and I thought it would be nice to gently have this feature as part of an important character in the game, and one where I can deploy it with knowledge and authority. Why? I guess that a lifetime of being bullied and overlooked gets to you and I wanted to show how amazing some ND people can be, when they have a safe environment. That's it. What I have observed in TV and other forms of entertainment is that when the priority is to be diverse the product is usually rubbish. I'm telling a story, and Kimora is a cool part of that. Her particular D&I features are an add-on and for those that resonates with I'm sure they will get a lot out of it. If players don't then it won't get in the way of the story. So hopefully a win-win. You will be the judges of that, all I can do is try!

trigun61

May 19, 2017
Running into an issue where the game isn't moving on from the MC selecting kinks on the computer screen. I hit the white arrow to back out and it just sits on an image of the MC looking at the screen but doesn't move on.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Running into an issue where the game isn't moving on from the MC selecting kinks on the computer screen. I hit the white arrow to back out and it just sits on an image of the MC looking at the screen but doesn't move on.
What are you playing with/on? Mac, PC, Android, Joiplay on Android?

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes