The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note about the Daz3D.com sales.

The discount stacking has definitely been creeping into Lightning Deals, so keep an eye on those if such things interest you.

Also, just noting that if you are looking for an excuse to get an extra 10% or 19% (if Daz+ member) off your cart (including gift cards) this hair is notable should you want to re-create the 'classic' Superman 1979 look (just don't add the included beard)... It's set up for G9 and G8/8.1 which will help a tiny bit r.e. smart content if you have a bunch of G8 characters still in use.

Not the BEST deal as far as cheap prereq new items go, but figured I'd note it. Also comes with a beard. Most people won't really care though, but if you do occasional Superhero homages... and the extra 19% off applies to new releases at least, every little bit helps...

19% off for a gift card (with catch-up new release) is not particularly notable, but if you should be in need of an immediate store credit recharge for some reason, better than nothing. The June Daz+ sale should be just around the corner, I have my doubts that it will be as good as the October 2023 sale, but it'd be nice if it was...

Between the various sales, a number of legacy/back catalog items are 80% off or more (which includes a few G8 era items alongside the usual G3 or older stuff), before the 19% 'catch-up w/prereq new release' sale, then there's the 20% off wishlist items that you wishlisted before 5/17/24 still in play from another sale, as previously noted by Schlongborn .

So not the BEST group of sales of course, but if your stars should align with multiple lightning deals during the same 4 hour period, well could be a thought. Also, if you haven't burned your Daz+ coupons yet, this could also help. I still hate those stupid tokens, but yesterday I grabbed a 'catch-up' new release alongside about $20 of other items after the $6 off of $18 was applied, and ended up getting six tokens, setting me up for a followup today.

I'm still pissed about all of the extra sort options that are now 'Daz Deals Pro'. All of this should be default functionality in the Daz3D.com store to begin with. I haven't tried out the script that was shared earlier in this thread for wishlisted items yet, not sure if any of those other sort options could be worked into said script. It looks like a bit of extra work (i.e. manually setting up the URLs to get the script to work), but yeah 'show only owned' is useful to me, as sometimes it's just faster to use that sort option than to try to find it in my Daz Studio install.

But I digress. Mainly just wanted to note the 'curly lock' Knight Hair that I linked for people that care about such things. At the very least, might be worth wishlisting for later when it's cheaper...

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I'm still pissed about all of the extra sort options that are now 'Daz Deals Pro'. All of this should be default functionality in the Daz3D.com store to begin with. I haven't tried out the script that was shared earlier in this thread for wishlisted items yet, not sure if any of those other sort options could be worked into said script. It looks like a bit of extra work (i.e. manually setting up the URLs to get the script to work), but yeah 'show only owned' is useful to me, as sometimes it's just faster to use that sort option than to try to find it in my Daz Studio install.
FWIW I've been using the wishlist script since it was posted and it works great.

Reactions: amster22

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Do you guys want that new bundle? The forum people figured out you can get it for 22.81$ with 8 tokens. They missed that you can actually put 13 free items (4 free ones from 3 categories and one additional one from another promo) into the cart. Instead of only 10. Maybe that's actually a good deal, if you have tokens, comes out to something like ~65$ for 33 items.

EDIT: forgot the forum link: 65$ is from the post where someone tried to find the cheapest items necessary, not really my strategy cause I would always try to get something I actually want.

Also, tomorrow is memorial day sale, so maybe it will be even cheaper then.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
It is cheaper today, 17.74$ now with the same cart. My entire cart is 12$ less today. Plus an additional new release.

EDIT: Actually, I bought it yesterday, so sucks to be me today. I thought that jungle promo thing would be gone today, but it isn't. So, if you want to buy it, today you can still while all those stacking opportunities are active. If they remove the jungle promo tomorrow then the price is going to go up again.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Schlongborn

Most of us have been there at least once. It's the nature of the beast. We feel your pain.

I tried the cart Jenga yesterday, but once I figured out that the MightyMite discount didn't stack with other offers (other MM item discounts locked at 70% off, which just isn't enough) and that the stuff in the cart was too expensive for me (tokens weren't aligned), I was looking at $66+, and the stuff in the cart was just 'maybe I'll use this at some point, maybe not' not 'stuff I need', and battling wishlist issues, I dumped my cart.

But yeah, I've kicked myself at least once for 'missing' a sale or puling the trigger 'too early', 'cuz you can never predict Daz sales. I've even noticed that they've stopped listing expiry dates on at least one coupon offer recently.

I hate this game. I used to be pretty good at playing it, now I just want straight up, customer friendly sales with no bullshit and no evil tokens. Oh, and all of those extra Daz Deals sort options being incorporated as 'default website functionality'. Or just give the Daz Deals guys their affiliate status back so that we don't have to pay extra for the privilege.

That 20% off entire cart 1/2 store on sale sale does look interesting though. Just put the Art Gallery in my cart, was around $10. So not too bad as prereqs go if you could use a 20% off gift card to recharge your store credit.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I've come to the conclusion that they can only do those insane sales because on average, people don't manage to get the best deals with all that complexity. That is also why they have those tokens, they make you want to spend them while you have them, so you're more inclined to just go and buy some stuff instead of wait. I feel like most of the time it is better to wait.

Also, right now those sales might look kind of good, but last year their summer sale was exceptional. If they do that again then you should definitely keep some of that precious gift card money now for what happens next months. Of course, no one really knows. But I suspect waiting will, again, be rewarded with better sales.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D, the "Memorial Day" sale continues. Some discounts are very good, but they have suppressed most stacking opportunities.

But if you need a gift card, today's the day. You get 10% off GCs, and with an "Entire New Release" an extra 20% off your cart, giving a final 28% of gift cards, which is excellent. More there are 30+ "Entire" items that can give this extra 20% off discount.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
But if you need a gift card, today's the day. You get 10% off GCs, and with an "Entire New Release" an extra 20% off your cart, giving a final 28% of gift cards, which is excellent. More there are 30+ "Entire" items that can give this extra 20% off discount.
We haven't seen a better deal since February.

Cheapest new release you can get is a texture set for $9.51--listed at $11.89 but you get an extra 20% off--or $6.66 with 8 tokens (only do this if you have tokens you're not going to otherwise spend*). Or pick some more expensive item you'll actually use, of course!

*Since you're buying the gift card with cash, there's no gift card discount, so you shouldn't have anything in the cart except the new release and the gift card(s)--anything else you're overpaying from not having gift card discount. So you're using the tokens only on the one new release. So it's only worth doing if you have tokens to spare.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote