VN Ren'Py Back to the Past [v0.02] [Dogathan Productions]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
Maybe...? Haha, not too sure about him. I'm wanting to keep his character development related as much as I can to the older stewie up until at least the near death experience.

• Haha
Reactions: loqex
Nov 22, 2018
Interesting game so far. Really hope there's pregnancy content coming soon. Maybe MC knocks up Lois their first time having sex and you and she will have to deal with that situation for the rest of the game.
Also, for characters, right now I'm hoping you bring in Barbara Pewterschmidt and maybe Carol, and Roberta Brown since Donna's here and Meg will be on the table. Another character I hope you bring back is LaDawn as MC could finally have a chance to get with her.
Finally, will MC ever get to use the time machine and have time schenanigans? Maybe have sex with a young Barbara, or even screw young Lois and actually become his own father for real.

Reactions: drloveman

Meowmadam

Nov 9, 2021
For sure, more content will be added with each update. But onto your second point, unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be that open to a sandbox approach, since I want to keep the scripting load as light as possible. The art and story take a huge chunk of my time, and throwing in sandbox might break me haha…
Sandbox would make it a lot better. Add a world map with houses (locations). There you can interact with the characters. It makes the game more replayable.

If it's linear only there's no easy way to go back and meet some characters. Linear games feel restrictive like it only goes in one direction.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DogathanProductions
Nov 18, 2022
I feel like that would be the complete opposite of better. I've played a ton of sandbox games here and they're either hits or misses.

And in my experience a lot of them have very obtuse conditions to meet certain goals, the day/night cycles are sometimes annoying, at many times they're grindy, and the worst offender is many games take forever to actually get to the adult content. With most branching VN style games on the other hand you know you're getting your content. There's no relationship system or grind to get the content.

In this game it delivers the erotic content a few minutes in and paces it all out very evenly. I'd imagine when the game gets some updates in it'll be a good game to just slowly rub off to while playing.

deathyface

May 30, 2017
Sandbox would make it a lot better. Add a world map with houses (locations). There you can interact with the characters. It makes the game more replayable.

If it's linear only there's no easy way to go back and meet some characters. Linear games feel restrictive like it only goes in one direction.
Please for the love of god never do this.

The game works totally fine in the VN style, there's an absolute glut of sandbox games that are just bloated grindfests. This doesn't need that.

As for a way to meet certain characters I would suggest to just put in a save warning.

Meowmadam

Nov 9, 2021
The game works totally fine in the VN style, there's an absolute glut of sandbox games that are just bloated grindfests. This doesn't need that.
Making it a sandbox with a world map doesn't mean it must be a grindfest.

There are much more VN style games than sandbox.

deathyface

May 30, 2017
Making it a sandbox with a world map doesn't mean it must be a grindfest.

There are much more VN style games than sandbox.
But I don't understand what a world map would do for this game. It's got a linear storyline with excellent pacing. It's just totally unnnecesary fluff to add sandbox elements to this when it doesn't need it

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes