• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 43 Votes

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Just finished update, completely agree. The entire thing was tonally weird for that reason....it'd be more at home in a harem-style game; very odd fork for a game focused on nts, which at the risk of sounding gay :LOL:, is usually about a girl and other GUYS.

Or another way to look at it - this update would have made more sense if it came earlier; most of the focus was on exhibitionism....but that kinda falls flat after there's already been physical touching. If the start of the story was Ayumi and mc dirty talking to each other, then the toga party where she shows off for others, then followed by the pool events and dressing room stuff, I think that order would make more sense.
Ah that's a shame. I was already on the fence about continuing to play this after the last update, but I will definitely skip this update.

Reactions: ForeverLosing

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Once you have consented to a compensation for your labor, your product doesn't have a reasonable justification to be paid to use.
This is not how capitalism works.

First, Patrons are not compensating for labor. They are donating to an artist they support. Devs are not the employees of their Patrons.

Second, he did not release this product. Someone stole a pre-release prototype and released it early.

I get that this is "a pirate site" and I have downloaded games from here for free same as everyone else. I do try to support devs I like when I can. But just admit you like the stolen goods, don't try to justify the theft.

idkmanerally

May 2, 2023
earlier in this thread i made some posts about how tori should communicate more. i know these amount to negative criticism, but i hope i demonstrated enough good nature in my comments that these came off as constructive and not me trashing the dev.

that said, i think the lukewarm reception to this update stems partially from it taking so long and people being in a hyped up "ANY DAY NOW!!!!" state for too long. it let the expectations build and build and it's very difficult to impress people when things get that built up.

if this were just one update that people didn't connect with, they would shrug and wait for the next one coming in a few weeks. but with longer gaps between releases, people's expectations rise and rise.

for this reason i think tori would be smart to try out smaller, more frequent releases, to better manage hype. this might also give an opportunity to see reactions and incorporate feedback more quickly, instead of over-committing to an idea in a giant update and finding out later people don't like it (but i say that with caution, because as i have said many times before, the artist should do whatever they want in their heart, chasing the approval of the degenerates who play these games is never a good idea)

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
This is not how capitalism works.

First, Patrons are not compensating for labor. They are donating to an artist they support. Devs are not the employees of their Patrons.

Second, he did not release this product. Someone stole a pre-release prototype and released it early.

I get that this is "a pirate site" and I have downloaded games from here for free same as everyone else. I do try to support devs I like when I can. But just admit you like the stolen goods, don't try to justify the theft.

Capitalism, excluding the free-market part of it, isn't legal.

Let's say a small population lives on a small island. Someone comes in and somehow purchases all the land. He asks of the inhabitants that they either become his slaves or produce their own land. The inhabitants can't obviously produce land, so they'd drown in the sea. They have the choice between being enslaved by someone who didn't produce any wealth, or die in the sea.

This situation is what's called extortion by the exploitation of the cost of producing redundancy, and that's also capitalism. Just someone owning land, natural capital, and seeking a compensation for its access and under the threat of being forced to waste resources replacing it. Or die if they can't.

When you produce a game, you are warranted to a compensation for your labor. However, the reproduction of your game by computers and the transfer through networks isn't of your doing. You can sell one game copy legally, the rest is extortion. Once you have consented to the production of one game copy, or one game update copy, additional transfers of that game doesn't increase your cost, and thus doesn't warrant additional compensations. If you withhold the game after consenting to a compensation, you exploit the cost of replacing it.

If people don't pay you, then you won't be willing to produce a game. If people desire your game, it's advantageous for them to pay you. I myself pay of a patreon because I want it to exist. Once you've consented to a compensation for your labor, that's all you deserve, that's fairness.

Last edited:

SoaringClouds

Nov 27, 2022
Because of the nature of text on the internet, I'm going to be upfront about my intentions (lol). This is constructive criticism: I would really like to see the amount of stammering toned down. Not eliminated, but the amount in there the MC and sometimes FMC are basically stutterers at this point, lol.

As to the content of the update: I liked it. I'm in the camp of wanting stuff between the FMC and other dudes, but this was well done imo. Personally, I'm also not someone who likes "Routes," so I wouldn't want to see the FMC only interact with characters that have sprites. Let's get more action with randos on the beach or elsewhere in public, lol. I think the exhibition scene on the chair was a good intro to allowing more physicality with random people, too, so there's that, lol. It was a good boundary-pressing moment.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

SoaringClouds

Nov 27, 2022

Let's say a small population lives on a small island. Someone comes in and somehow purchases all the land. He asks on the inhabitants that they either become his slaves or produce their own land. The inhabitants can't obviously produce land, so they'd drown in the sea. They have the choice between being enslaved by someone who didn't produce any wealth, or die in the sea.

This situation is what's call extortion by the exploitation of the cost of producing redundancy, and that's also capitalism. Just someone owning land, natural capital, and seeking a compensation for its access and under the threat of being forced to waste resources replacing it.

When you produce a game, you are warranted to a compensation for your labor. However, the reproduction of your game by computers and the transfer through networks isn't of your doing. You can sell one game copy legally, the rest is extortion. Once you have consented to the production of one game copy, or one game update copy, additional transfers of that game doesn't increases your cost, and thus doesn't warrant additional compensations. If you withhold the game after consenting to a compensation, you exploit the cost of replacing it.
Your basic premise "Someone comes in and somehow purchases all the land," is ridiculous. Who's he purchasing the land from? The locals... They would then have a different form of capital (cash) that they could then move somewhere else with. Also, why would they sell this person all of the land? You should start your arguments with a concept that doesn't require one to suspend disbelief.

Also, your assertion that "owning land" is illegal is also ridiculous. How does one come to original ownership of land? I'm talking all the way back to the first person to own a parcel. The answer: they have to do work to transform the land. Someone arrives on a parcel unowned or occupied by anyone else, builds structures and fences, grows crops, etc. that land is his/hers. Just declaring it so isn't enough, and has never been enough (other than for governments, but that's a whole other argument with its own set of problems). Now when that land is bought and sold, there's a paper trail. It makes perfect sense, is easy to justify, and is completely defendable by rational people who don't make arguments based on fantasy.

Reactions: Emptyplanet

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
Your basic premise "Someone comes in and somehow purchases all the land," is ridiculous. Who's he purchasing the land from? The locals... They would then have a different form of capital (cash) that they could then move somewhere else with. Also, why would they sell this person all of the land? You should start your arguments with a concept that doesn't require one to suspend disbelief.

Also, your assertion that "owning land" is illegal is also ridiculous. How does one come to original ownership of land? I'm talking all the way back to the first person to own a parcel. The answer: they have to do work to transform the land. Someone arrives on a parcel unowned or occupied by anyone else, builds structures and fences, grows crops, etc. that land is his/hers. Just declaring it so isn't enough, and has never been enough (other than for governments, but that's a whole other argument with its own set of problems). Now when that land is bought and sold, there's a paper trail. It makes perfect sense, is easy to justify, and is completely defendable by rational people who don't make arguments based on fantasy.
The reason why the acquisition took place isn't relevant.

I don't make the claim that owning land is illegal. I claim that exploiting the cost of replacing land is extortion. Paying the cost of replacing is an induced menace.

The case of land is particular since it occurs naturally almost exclusively, and thus nobody is responsible for its existence. No one can claim land ownership at the loss of everyone else's access. An equal compensation as to be provided for the loss of access. That's the foundational logic behind Georgism.

• Haha
Reactions: Xakorik

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
earlier in this thread i made some posts about how tori should communicate more. i know these amount to negative criticism, but i hope i demonstrated enough good nature in my comments that these came off as constructive and not me trashing the dev.

that said, i think the lukewarm reception to this update stems partially from it taking so long and people being in a hyped up "ANY DAY NOW!!!!" state for too long. it let the expectations build and build and it's very difficult to impress people when things get that built up.

if this were just one update that people didn't connect with, they would shrug and wait for the next one coming in a few weeks. but with longer gaps between releases, people's expectations rise and rise.

for this reason i think tori would be smart to try out smaller, more frequent releases, to better manage hype. this might also give an opportunity to see reactions and incorporate feedback more quickly, instead of over-committing to an idea in a giant update and finding out later people don't like it (but i say that with caution, because as i have said many times before, the artist should do whatever they want in their heart, chasing the approval of the degenerates who play these games is never a good idea)
I think this is a very fair and even-handed response; my criticism was definitely emboldened by the release schedule; if this had been a short one-off update which happened to focus on lesbian teasing, no biggie.

Let's say a small population lives on a small island. Someone comes in and somehow purchases all the land. He asks on the inhabitants that they either become his slaves or produce their own land. The inhabitants can't obviously produce land, so they'd drown in the sea. They have the choice between being enslaved by someone who didn't produce any wealth, or die in the sea.

This situation is what's call extortion by the exploitation of the cost of producing redundancy, and that's also capitalism. Just someone owning land, natural capital, and seeking a compensation for its access and under the threat of being forced to waste resources replacing it. Or die if they can't.

When you produce a game, you are warranted to a compensation for your labor. However, the reproduction of your game by computers and the transfer through networks isn't of your doing. You can sell one game copy legally, the rest is extortion. Once you have consented to the production of one game copy, or one game update copy, additional transfers of that game doesn't increase your cost, and thus doesn't warrant additional compensations. If you withhold the game after consenting to a compensation, you exploit the cost of replacing it.

If people don't pay you, then you won't be willing to produce a game. If people desire your game, it's advantageous for them to pay you. I myself pay of a patreon because I want it to exist. Once you've consented to a compensation for your labor, that's all you deserve, that's fairness.
While I agree on the land analogy, the second half as it pertains to intellectual property- you completely lose me. Any product which requires intellectual input can't be quantified in cost merely as one unit sold. Accordingly, most products generated through intellectual labor, be they computer games, music albums, or fighter jets see a much larger development cost expecting bulk product sales to break even. The cost of the product isnt JUST the labor and parts to assemble 1 unit, it's a function of the total development cost.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
Any product which requires intellectual input can't be quantified in cost merely as one unit sold. Accordingly, most products generated through intellectual labor, be they computer games, music albums, or fighter jets see a much larger development cost expecting bulk product sales to break even. The cost of the product isnt JUST the labor and parts to assemble 1 unit, it's a function of the total development cost.
Development is also labor. Everything but automates and natural occurrences is labor.

The product isn't important. What's important is the consent for the labor. We don't simply exchange goods for money. The transaction is meant to compensate a cost, which is usually labor. Without a cost, there's not a reasonable justification to the transaction.

What if you simply buy IPs just to prevent people from using them unless they pay you a ransom?

• Haha

Emptyplanet

Dec 5, 2020
Cringe political bois, this is a wife sharing / cuckold adjacent game thread. Take the fedora tipping to reddit. Early leaking of the game was theft since it has a tangible effect on active patrons & donations, but drawing these parallels to economic systems is embarrassing. You're both wrong, move on.

Also this is a pirating website, as a developer you were aware of this when you came here and decided to be active - because even though there are avenues for theft readily available here; having more eyes on your game served you better in the long run despite the thefts that could realistically occur. Complaining about the inevitability of it all seems performative.

All around L's to be had by all of you.

Last edited:

kiziero

May 18, 2023
So i just finished the new update.First of all its sad that the game got leaked.I mean everyone could w8 5 6 more days and devs that give us content consistently should be rewarded for their efforts.So salute to dev for bringing us the new update not so long after the last one.
Now as far as the update i have to say it wasnt one of my favourite ones.Lesbian isnt so much my thing when it comesto nts/ntr games.I just cant feel the same excitement the same thrill.For others it may works differently.Its ok.Not everyone likes the same things.I just want to see ayumi have some nt/ntr action with some other dude,and it d be great if that guy was terrace.I hate it when the nts happens with some random dude just for it to happen.With terrace we have background,we know of the relationships between the characters and hes not just some random dude in the story.Oh well lets hope for the best in the next update.Keep up the good work dev

Nisakay

Aug 25, 2021
I don't know about you, but I'm just in love with the content. In other big games there is already very little yuri interaction (Not to mention those with only yuri). And here this also becomes a huge plus, because the interaction between two girls feels like a smoother development than the interaction between a girl and a man. For Ari and Ayumi, this can be said to be a game, but for Terrace and Ayumi it would be something more, as I understood from the atmosphere. TerracexAyumi chemistry is more reminiscent of lovers who are still embarrassed, but Ari is the best friend who grooping you jokingly
(Sorry for bad eng)

Also I think that art is improving, and dance animasions is just a cherry on the top. I'm so onto stuff like "Become wilf while dance in club" or "Funny game became lewd", and this is perfect replica of my fantasy

Jun 7, 2021
(sorry for bad english)
I don't know if the next update will be the last, but we need to see Ayumi having "real sex" with other men. First I played 0.4.2, then this version disappointed me. I say this as someone who, after playing 0.4.2, thinks this game is 10000 out of 10. It felt perfect, what they imagined. Obviously, it would be very nice to see MC consciously "share" his girlfriend.It's nice to tease, but we need to see sex. I hope 0.5 is not the last and we will get what we want in a few months. (if dev has an explanation that such a thing will not happen, it's fine, I'll rate the game according to him)

• Haha

Jun 7, 2021
(sorry for bad english)
I don't know if the next update will be the last, but we need to see Ayumi having "real sex" with other men. First I played 0.4.2, then this version disappointed me. I say this as someone who, after playing 0.4.2, thinks this game is 10000 out of 10. It felt perfect, what they imagined. Obviously, it would be very nice to see MC consciously "share" his girlfriend.It's nice to tease, but we need to see sex. I hope 0.5 is not the last and we will get what we want in a few months. (if dev has an explanation that such a thing will not happen, it's fine, I'll rate the game according to him)
for me, although there are such shortcomings, it is definitely a game that needs to be played. when we look at the dev general, he definitely does a good job

Caps1900

Nov 26, 2017
For having to wait for so long and only recieve Yuri content is a kick in the balls. I don't mind the content itself but why the entire update? Most men of culture don't consider girl/girl to be any kind of NTS/R.

I'm not going to bother tracking this further, I really believe in this developer and his game is excellent but I can't take the heartache

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
For having to wait for so long and only recieve Yuri content is a kick in the balls. I don't mind the content itself but why the entire update? Most men of culture don't consider girl/girl to be any kind of NTS/R.

I'm not going to bother tracking this further, I really believe in this developer and his game is excellent but I can't take the heartache
Apparently the definition of slowburn is "nothing will happen for a very, VERY long time" :ROFLMAO:

2MoshPit

Sep 22, 2021
What's wrong with this update (0.5.0)? Do I have to start a new game? 'Cause every save, I've tried to load, brings me an error and I Have to start a new game - that's annyoing!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

best regards

Reactions: Will619
4.60 star(s) 43 Votes