Ren'Py Campus Bonds [v0.1.1] [MCVisualNovels]

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes
Feb 25, 2024
A little bit of both. I've already started brainstorming for the next episode, while also waiting to see how people receive the first one.
I really liked this game, it has a lot of content. I hope you succeed.

You did a good job classifying your support tiers on Patreon with the best Women at the top. I'm unlucky that the Women I love in games are always in the basic support tier.

Who is she?
1715625763308.png

MCVisualNovels

Game Developer
May 11, 2024
I really liked this game, it has a lot of content. I hope you succeed.

You did a good job classifying your support tiers on Patreon with the best Women at the top. I'm unlucky that the Women I love in games are always in the basic support tier.

Who is she?
View attachment 3631270
I'm glad you liked it! Thank you also for your pledge! It helps me a ton. Also, the girl in the photo is Olivia! :D

Anaktorness

Apr 4, 2023
I saw someone commenting that this game is almost a plagiarism of a well-known game. Now I'm curious... could this game be Being a DIK?

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The summary and samples made me come. And the result is fine.

The worldbuilding is limited but fitting.
The characters are different.
The plot is ordinary but interesting nevertheless.
The artistic side is well done.

Against all odds, the protagonist got accepted to college. There, he'll meet many new people while reconnecting with his best friend.
The flow of events is well thought. What happens is interesting (maybe too many parties). Thanks for making ogling scenes not obligatory.
I liked what Sadie said about some girls not liking a guy talking to many girls (the same applies for some guys too).
The characters, outside the jerk, have all good personnalities. The MC is also behaving well.
The models are nice, though similar. The father is strange (on a side note, thanks for letting him alive for once, and a good man too). As a fun fact, I saw the outside of the university in another game. My only issue would be the light in the eyes : it feels strange sometimes, like they are blind and inexpressive.
The free roam is well done. You should add a message saying we found or not all the photos before leaving. I was sad not being able to interact with the 2 girls at the party to get to know them (only Sadie...). For the water balloon, it would have been nice if all the guys wanting to do it could have done it (it's a fun idea but being the only one to try and hit the target made me feel like shit).
Since I like slow burn, I didn't see any sex scenes yet (all I got was a kiss).

After the incident, I was wondering why he didn't bring what he heard in the library. He may not be the culprit but his behaviour is clearly indicating he is up to nothing good.
Also, how are we supposed to make money for the party at the end (inviting Sadie or ordering to the bartender)?

Overall, I had a good time playing this game. I'm not sure if the choices I made were the best though. Sometimes, I would have wanted a third option.
Furthermore, knowing that other characters will have their fun, making the universe more alive, is wonderful (not being a harem and not having incest was already great).

A real default name would be appreciated (because MC isn't better than X I usually choose).

Good continuation.

Feb 25, 2024
I saw someone commenting that this game is almost a plagiarism of a well-known game. Now I'm curious... could this game be Being a DIK?
This one is just a game at a university, it resembles BADIK because of the theme, but otherwise there's nothing similar. The topic of fraternity wasn't even mentioned.

Last month, there was indeed another game released that was truly a clone.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MCVisualNovels

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
So if I read the thread correctly we are going to be seeing rando's fucking? Always feels like wasted time that could have been story progression instead to me. I mean I guess there can be some reason for the story to go this way (Though with no NTR tag or sharing I dont really understand the attraction) what is gained from rendering and animating it all when it could just as easily be implied or talked about?.

Depending on what the scene's entail, is this just going to be mc walking into a bedroom and finding someone there, catching a teacher with a student for example or are we going to be watching the story from multiple people's perspective, Lessons in loyalty type bs except with none li's? or is this a path where mc is a cuck/voyeur and not seen in another path? Im not trying to critize just want to understand to decide if I should add this too already 400+ vn's that I already have waiting for update's.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
A little bit of both. I've already started brainstorming for the next episode, while also waiting to see how people receive the first one.
So does that mean this whole thing is just being done on the fly? From what I've read so far it doesn't seem like this has been planed out very much. The talk of not knowing what the future holds is a little concerning as well. I've seen many game just flip the script to pander to whoever yells the loudest. Or try to please everyone and end up not pleasing anyone. Not saying that's what's happening here but, you know?

MCVisualNovels

Game Developer
May 11, 2024
So if I read the thread correctly we are going to be seeing rando's fucking? Always feels like wasted time that could have been story progression instead to me. I mean I guess there can be some reason for the story to go this way (Though with no NTR tag or sharing I dont really understand the attraction) what is gained from rendering and animating it all when it could just as easily be implied or talked about?.

Depending on what the scene's entail, is this just going to be mc walking into a bedroom and finding someone there, catching a teacher with a student for example or are we going to be watching the story from multiple people's perspective, Lessons in loyalty type bs except with none li's? or is this a path where mc is a cuck/voyeur and not seen in another path? Im not trying to critize just want to understand to decide if I should add this too already 400+ vn's that I already have waiting for update's.
Those scenes where randoms are fucking are going to serve the story, and they won't be fully fleshed out lewd scenes that they take from play time. They will be shown for a little bit so the player gets a little context on what's happening.

Reactions: Daddy-S and sn3p

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
MCVisualNovels Congratulations on your first release! Good luck

Please get a Developers badge by opening a ticket:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
----------------------------------
Campus Bonds [v0.1] [MCVisualNovels] - Compressed

Win/Linux [572 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [580 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

-------------------------
WELL GOOD DAMN DIS HAS TONS OF CONTENT FOR A V0.1. NICE :love:
Thnaks bro

MCVisualNovels

Game Developer
May 11, 2024
So does that mean this whole thing is just being done on the fly? From what I've read so far it doesn't seem like this has been planed out very much. The talk of not knowing what the future holds is a little concerning as well. I've seen many game just flip the script to pander to whoever yells the loudest. Or try to please everyone and end up not pleasing anyone. Not saying that's what's happening here but, you know?
It's not done on the fly. The ending is already planned. Most of the conflicts and story are already planned out and I have a vision for this game. The things that are done on the fly are jokes, interactions with other girls, dialogues etc.

Last edited:

Anarchy2000

Feb 12, 2023
This one is just a game at a university, it resembles BADIK because of the theme, but otherwise there's nothing similar. The topic of fraternity wasn't even mentioned.

Last month, there was indeed another game released that was truly a clone.
It could be that this comment was referring to another famous game with a university theme. Before I liked incest games, I played Being a DIK and I can say that it has nothing to do with this game here.

• Red Heart
3.00 star(s) 6 Votes