General Question from a Newbie

Spoofy

Aug 14, 2017
HI Everybody,

i came to this site over a link posted at patreon, and i must say i like it!

Now, i am afraid that downloading some stuff here to check different games might be illegal in Germany, but i am unsure because most of the Games are free anyway. The point is that most of the time the newest update is not for free on patreon, so i wanted to check if someone can enlighten me about that.

Hope i was able to make myself clear about the questions. Thanks anyway!

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
We're pirates, the legality of things has never been much of a concern for us.

I think pirates is the wrong term, we're more like modern day Robin Hoods with better clothes and less bows ... and less rich. We rob from the devs to give to the pervs.

Reactions: Xypher

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Emh you probably need a layer from your country. Definitely the vast majority of the game posted here are shared illegally. I don't think it makes any difference the fact that some of them are going to be released free in future.

But again I'm not a layer.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
...might be illegal in Germany...
Yes it is ! Use a VPN.
I know Germans are more tough than the rest of Eu but for Rihana/Beyonce/Metallica cds or blockbusters movies, will they really monitoring this?
And i doubt devs will bring it to the authorities :
"Richter, mein Videospiel basiert auf Inzest war Pirat' -
Mr. Justice, my video game based on incest was pirate

Anyway it is illegal for sure.

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Well I mean... technically its illegeal here in the USA as well.
Just like pirating AAA games and pirating music. You could get in a lot of shit for it BUT its really hard to trace.
Really the only way youd get caught is if someone could prove you illegally downloaded it.
Here in the states at least. I would assume its the same in Germany but as I dont live there I couldnt say that in 100% certainity.

Do however watch out for torrents. Again I dont know about other countries but over here in the states certain ISP's do track torrent websites and will report you for torrenting anything

Spoofy

Aug 14, 2017
Ok thanks for helping me out on this! I will consider the options after i find out what a VPN is and how it works^^

Thanks again

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Yes it is ! Use a VPN.
I know Germans are more tough than the rest of Eu but for Rihana/Beyonce/Metallica cds or blockbusters movies, will they really monitoring this?
And i doubt devs will bring it to the authorities :
"Richter, mein Videospiel basiert auf Inzest war Pirat' -
Mr. Justice, my video game based on incest was pirate

Anyway it is illegal for sure.
Why the hell, can't i edit my post? Nevermind...
First i'm not a lawyer then even less an international one, and there's a lot of 100% legal content here, free game shared, devs posting links themselves...

Spoofy

Aug 14, 2017
Thanks again for all the answers. I will start a VPN and then enjoy the content of this page^^