• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That's good to hear. I haven't seen any of those polls so anything about popular opinion is news to me. I get why Nodoka is controversial too. She's definitely earned it.
Part of the reason I said that thing about Ayane though was that characters in game don't reciprocate her empathy. Specifically, Ami and Maya who don't seem to give a shit about her. That sort of frustrates me.
What empathy are you referring to exactly? Ayane's rather bad at understanding others or even thinking of things from another's point of view. For example, she used to think of Sensei as "lawful good":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ami actually treated Ayane better than she deserved, imo. Letting Ayane sleep on her:
Checking up on Ayane when she's not feeling well:
And basically being there for her since she was 11:

Maya on the other hand is kind of true. She only really cares about two people besides herself, Ami and Sensei, and she's betrayed Ami's trust for years. Maya doesn't have much reason to care about Ayane, unless food or Sensei is involved, though. She seems to like Sana more, tbh.

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
What empathy are you referring to exactly? Ayane's rather bad at understanding others or even thinking of things from another's point of view. For example, she used to think of Sensei as "lawful good":

Ami actually treated Ayane better than she deserved, imo. Letting Ayane sleep on her:
Checking up on Ayane when she's not feeling well:
And basically being there for her since she was 11:

Maya on the other hand is kind of true. She only really cares about two people besides herself, Ami and Sensei, and she's betrayed Ami's trust for years. Maya doesn't have much reason to care about Ayane, unless food or Sensei is involved, though. She seems to like Sana more, tbh.
Sensei being lawful good is probably just flattery.

I don't think empathy is necessarily about being accurate. It's about being able to feel the emotions you perceive other people having. Ayane has that in spades. Her recent card to Sensei is a good example of that. The way she talks about maya at the end of it isn't something she would say if she were thinking exclusively about her own self interests or if she were inconsiderate of others. She speculates on their relationship and practically encourages it because it might bring comfort to two people who she thinks are hurting. She has her own ambitions and problems sure, but her actions are easily influenced by how others feel. At least when she picks up on those feelings. Which is why she does nothing to stop or even discourage Ami, Maya, or Sana from pursuing sensei.

When maya's callousness comes to bear during reset related topics, Ayane is quick to take issue because she sympathizes with other people. Even if you just watch her expressions in most events her concern for others is obvious.

Ami I have a hard time understanding. When Ayane called her out for being manipulative and fake, I thought she was out of line. But then Ami kind of just admitted to it? It implies that shes just some sort of psychopath who is only acting a role. Even if that's not entirely accurate, the amount of disdain she shows Ayane in chapter 4 makes it really hard to believe she cares about anything but Sensei.

spartannnnnnn

Sep 17, 2023
Well, I've finished chapter 2 and had a few events in chapter3. I think I got a somewhat wild hypothesis that HOPE is quite similar to the Reapers in Mass Effect. It seems like HOPE tend to harvest the emotion or memories, while Reapers harvest existence. Because HOPE always wanted Sensei to devote himself to it. It's just my dumb hypothesis. Hope someone can help me out. ;)

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Even if that's not entirely accurate, the amount of disdain she shows Ayane in chapter 4 makes it really hard to believe she cares about anything but Sensei.
I am not even sure she even cares much about Sensei as a person. But more as a appendage to her.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023

Interesting. RN we have two full event cycles: 0.36-0.41 every character and in 0.42-0.45 every character except Rin has at least one event. My initial estimation had resets at 0.41 and 0.47, but it would be just 12 patches / 240 events which would make this chapter the shortes one.

Upd: FYI longest chapter - chapter 2 - contained 322 events. Chapter 4 would have ~200 events by the end of year.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
Hey, smart boys, I just download URM. So... How to use URM to become Rin's true homie, see other scenes with Yumi and Nodoka in the locker room and how to change the value (or whatever is this) about Yumi knowing if Chika is in love with Sensei?
Like, what exactly I should find, change, etc.
P.s.: I may sound stupid, but bruh, I never told you I was smart.

Aug 20, 2021
Hey, smart boys, I just download URM. So... How to use URM to become Rin's true homie, see other scenes with Yumi and Nodoka in the locker room and how to change the value (or whatever is this) about Yumi knowing if Chika is in love with Sensei?
Like, what exactly I should find, change, etc.
P.s.: I may sound stupid, but bruh, I never told you I was smart.
The variable to be a Good Homie for Rin is ‘rinbetrayed’. Set it to False. The variable for Yumi knowing if you’re in love with Chika is ‘yumiknows’. Set that to False also (kinda confusing, because it more alludes to her knowing you fucked Chika at the Onsen).

As far as unlocking the scene with Nodoka and Yumi in the locker room, type in the search bar ‘nodokaspecial15’, and some choices should come up. They should be labeled p1, p2 and p3 respectively. Set them to True, and set the one labeled with skip to False. It should unlock.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I am not sure this is the best use of URM. I mean my savegame is already quite a mess of changed variables and edis and such. But even i did stay away from such major things. Too worried that it would work for a while, only to just totally fall appart suddenly.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Too worried that it would work for a while, only to just totally fall appart suddenly.
So then just use the URM to fix it, if you don't know how, ask here, even though i am the URM's loudest pitchman, others here far outstrip my knowledge of how to use it, as shown by Zuko just now. The main benefit of the URM imo is that just before a choice or flag is triggered, one screen before it, a little tab appears in the corner with what is about to be checked, letting you know how your save is going to make things go down and if it isn't going to go the way you want, you can then change it.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
We already had this disuccion and i already said i would use it in that case and also blame some guy called Bingoogus if it wouldnt work. I dont know, may have heard of the guy, he is around here sometimes.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
We already had this disuccion and i already said i would use it in that case and also blame some guy called Bingoogus if it wouldnt work. I dont know, may have heard of the guy, he is around here sometimes.
We did...? Well ok then, i have no memory of it but then i have a really shit memory. Also, that guy sounds like a real dickhead.

Aug 20, 2021
In the middle of my second playthrough as I count down the days to 0.40, and am on Io's character event, "Amongst Other Things", and... ugh! This is gonna be reaaaalllly catastrophic foreshadowing if Io is truly 'next'.

The fact that Sensei is Io's 'last bastion of hope for adults' in the world is, quite frankly, a terrifying thought for the future. Betraying Karin's trust against our will was bad enough already recently, but for it to happen to Io? Man that'd be depressing.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes