Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
No matter how harmless, you're proving Insuku's point in a way...
I feel like it's worth mentioning that Inusuku specifically was not making any strong claim in the "social justice" line. The actual line in question is just one of the random "fairy tale" books and is something like "a story about believers in social justice executing perpetrators of discrimination", followed up by, "is that what justice is?". Basically a comment questioning if two wrongs make a right as far as I interpret it, just regarding a topic that is politically charged.

The stronger commentary regards gender identity and some other related topics as they are (perceived to be) presented in modern media. This is left intact in the Shades version (idk about the Kagura one, haven't checked that). It also does not include any charges of "censorship" or forced alteration.

My point being just that the localization choices Shades made do not "betray" anything asserted by Inusuku. There is always some degree of discretion that needs to be used when translating, so stuff happens. Shades has a target audience in mind, as do I (mine is literally myself and a few weeb-ass friends, plus anyone else who happens to want to join along), and we're all here just trying to make something that we think people will enjoy.

4.70 star(s) 76 Votes