Canes

May 27, 2018
And while I'm at it, stop with the "parents died" cliche. Just say you turned an adult and moved the fuck out or something.
Okay, I'm done, I'll let myself out.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
View attachment 3637486
If serious then Idk what to say, for me it's just one extra click so I guess idc
As a proponent of yes all, I hate extra "choice" clicks. Will I quit a game for it, no. Will it affect my overall enjoyment of the story, no. Would it impact my rating if I bothered to do those things, no.

Does my internal monologue heave a giant overly dramatic long-suffering sigh everytime I have to click one, yes, yes it does.

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
As a proponent of yes all, I hate extra "choice" clicks. Will I quit a game for it, no. Will it affect my overall enjoyment of the story, no. Would it impact my rating if I bothered to do those things, no.

Does my internal monologue heave a giant overly dramatic long-suffering sigh everytime I have to click one, yes, yes it does.
8982-pepe-lmao.png
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
What I've been after:

There may be some rules somewhere. I never insisted it be US case law. I'm not a lawyer and I'm certainly not versed on all the rules that apply around the world. So I ask. When I ask, I'm met with scorn, because "we all know it, it's the law!!!". But, as far as I've been able to find, it's not the law:
Most often disclaimers of all types are there to protect from lawsuits.

Reactions: Ekzou and pitao

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yes, disclaimers are there to protect.

Yes, the requirement to have the player click yes or no is important because THEN it's on the player, NOT the dev, if someone underage does play, because there is no way to argue they didn't realize it was going to have adult material.*

If there's no button to press, it can be argued (stupidly) that the player "missed" the notice.

Is any of this ever likely to come into play? Probably not, but that's why 95% (if not all) of the games have it.

*Unless of course the player can prove they can't read, but then you have other issues in play.

4.80 star(s) 286 Votes