Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Oh. i checked my e-mail & it turns out Oni DID put out an update:

Been a while since I did an actual update, figured it was about due. Sorry about that. I have been hard at work, I've gotten mostly through one pose that I'm adding in the next build, and like maybe halfway through the other? I think you guys will have a lot of fun with them once they're finished. I'm aiming for "end of the month, early next," somewhere in there.

I've talked about this before, but I thought it might be fun for me to discuss a bit of how I make new animated sprites in this game. After having some basic ideas of what I'm aiming for, my first step is usually to do a rough mechanical draft of the core artwork, sometimes just a sketch with flat colors sloppily applied under it, so I will know how the shapes will be layered, and whether they will move how I intend them to. Sometimes a plan doesn't quite work out and I need to try something different, because it just looks too mechanical or will leave inevitable gaps. for a titjob sequence, for example, I typically have a body layer, a head layer above that and perhaps a hair layer underneath it, a layer for the breasts under the dick, and another for above the dick, perhaps a separate layer for hands or arms (depending on how they will move), or a layer for clothing that gets caught on the dick, etc.

Once I have the basic idea working, I put in the time to polish the artwork, make all the various clothing options, etc. Then I have to test those, and make sure they don't clip each other or do something weird during an animation, such as passing over something that they should go under. I tend to like to get a project close to finished, and then work on a different part for a bit, because then I can think about it more and maybe realize some change I'd like to make, which is why the first pose is only mostly complete. I plan to do the finishing touches after getting the second one mostly finished.

So that out of the way, I've finished about half the clothes for the second pose, and I'm getting into the second half now, talk you to guys later.

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
Many people like to complain about all sorts of things at Oni. But I'm fascinated by how brilliantly he has done Emma's eyes, for example. The animations. The slight contraction of the eyelids during the conversations. The surprised look.
There are so many little details that make the characters seem so alive instead of just being static images.

4.40 star(s) 145 Votes