• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What is the shortcut button for autoplay in Ren'py?

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Sometimes games don't have on-screen controls that you can click with your mouse for things like skip, autoplay, reroll etc, but these things still work if you know the buttons and there is still an option in the settings for auto-forward time.

I know for example that control key is skip or page-up is rollback one slide.

What is the keyboard shortcut for autoplay / auto-forward?

Last edited:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
A lot of functions just don't have shortcuts, and this is one of those. But you can create one with a patch. For example, I have a patch I always use that adds a shortcut to go to the load screen.

I attached a patch makes Alt-a a shortcut to toggle Auto on/off. Save it to the game folder.

I only just made it and tested it briefly in one game, so caveat emptor. I know Alt-a isn't a standard shortcut, but I don't know what would happen if it's used with a game that already defines Alt-a as a custom shortcut. It could either overwrite the game's shortcut, get overwritten by the game's shortcut, or do both things.

Last edited:
Reactions: ELTACO

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
A lot of functions just don't have shortcuts, and this is one of those. But you can create one with a patch. For example, I have a patch I always use that adds a shortcut to go to the load screen.

I attached a patch makes Alt-a a shortcut to toggle Auto on/off. Save it to the game folder.

I only just made it and tested it briefly in one game, so caveat emptor. I know Alt-a isn't a standard shortcut, but I don't know what would happen if it's used with a game that already defines Alt-a as a custom shortcut. It could either overwrite the game's shortcut, get overwritten by the game's shortcut, or do both things.
Doesn't work for me.