About Main story progression [ RPG game ]

For RPG game what Main story progression you like?

• Calendar system

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Quest system

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

whisky55

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Good evening i just want to know what Main story progression you like?
1.Calendar system : story will progress even you not do anything

2.Quest system : story/season will progress aften you complete the story mission
( day and nigth still move on normally,Days in the week still rotate in cycle but not progress to the next season )

Thank you so much for your kindness

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Quest system - obviously it works best with RPG. Time limited events are worst thing possible in this genre.
Of course, if you can do all quests no matter date/month/year then I can accpet 1, but in any other case - 2.

Reactions: whisky55

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I'm a long time lover of RPG's and i've always preferred the quest system.

I know people love the Persona games and I did enjoy Persona 5 however it just felt linear and I did get frustrated at not being able to do anything I wanted because it was on a set time.

It's easier for story telling and development because you can push things how you want and some people will love it, that being said a chuck of us do find it frustrating.

I like my simple questing systems like Final Fantasy, Baldur's Gate etc...

whisky55

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Quest system - obviously it works best with RPG. Time limited events are worst thing possible in this genre.
Of course, if you can do all quests no matter date/month/year then I can accpet 1, but in any other case - 2.
Thank you i will note that :closedeyesmile:

whisky55

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
I'm a long time lover of RPG's and i've always preferred the quest system.

I know people love the Persona games and I did enjoy Persona 5 however it just felt linear and I did get frustrated at not being able to do anything I wanted because it was on a set time.

It's easier for story telling and development because you can push things how you want and some people will love it, that being said a chuck of us do find it frustrating.

I like my simple questing systems like Final Fantasy, Baldur's Gate etc...
thank you for all your help i choose Quest system it have high vote and Easy to manage.:happyblush