Anti Coin Mining Addon Links for Firefox and Chrome

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
"Please do not use GoFile anymore. They are doing coin mining everytime you download. This will cause your CPU (processor) to spike and may even freeze your computer. Sure there are scripts or addons that can block it, but not all of us are savvy enough. So please be aware and do not use them or download from them. We use multiple mirrors for a reason."

Does not affect me but here's a link for you to try
Basic addon for mozzilla would solve some of th coin mining issues can be turned off and on

One for Chrome to try

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I use Chrome and I have Antiminer and Script Click installed although the latter is turned off by default otherwise it interferes with so many websites.

Draghough

May 26, 2017
There is no point in installing additional addons , some adblockers are able to block it not just hide elements from view
ublock origin and umatrix are working on most browsers and are all you need , even adblock has added a special filter to block the miner when TPB was found of using it

Other mentions : Script Safe on chrome , NoScript for firefox and other clones

foolproof would be to block the entire domain using the hosts file , here is a link on how to use it for win and other OS .. i'm to lazy to write one
Hostman is a good software to help you manage the hosts easily and has a malware list you can merge with the domains you are currenlty already blocking in the hosts

The only downside of this : you are required to check and block the mining domains by yourself

Also care with shaddy domains like jgrygh45h (dot) bid running scripts

Ashbash

Apr 28, 2017
Thanks for the update and the suggestions. It seems Visitor mining is becoming a trend, one which is not welcomed, especially if they use your processor for mining without your permission or don't have a written disclaimer about it.

t77

Apr 18, 2017
Burt, thanks for letting us know about this and the links for those of us to lazy to look for them.