Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

Heyo,

Wanted to pop in and say the render queue is still churning away at renders and animations. In the meantime, I'm putting everything into ren'py and trying to find music.

Everything is going about as smooth as it can right now, we just have to play the waiting game for the time being.

There are about 100 animations waiting to render, each taking about 3-4 hours and about 200 images each taking approximately 1 hour. I'm not gonna say anything, but you can do the math if you'd like. Just know that number is 100% going to change because I just know I'll have to go back and fix a few things whether animations or stills.

Again, thank you guys so so much for bearing with us, we truly hope it'll be worth it in the end.

Peace and Love,
Slock

ch5morapreviewrain.png

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'll tell you the main reason I won't complain about the length of time it's taking.

I've been here for a good few years now and payed a few adult VN's before coming here. One thing I notice is a lot of devs, far too many, suck at endings.

I've played a few good ones, don't get me wrong but i've got a long list of games i've finished and thought "is that it?"

The fact these guys are putting this much time and care into the endings gives me hope that they will give proper closure to the routes.

No pressure though......... really......... okay maybe a bit.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'll tell you the main reason I won't complain about the length of time it's taking.

I've been here for a good few years now and payed a few adult VN's before coming here. One thing I notice is a lot of devs, far too many, suck at endings.

I've played a few good ones, don't get me wrong but i've got a long list of games i've finished and thought "is that it?"

The fact these guys are putting this much time and care into the endings gives me hope that they will give proper closure to the routes.

same here. Even though I haven't been on the site for that long. I have never complained and never will on how long an update takes. I pay for an update here and there, or buy them on steam. Many that I have played are rushed in the end. I'd rather wait for a polished ending than some shitshow just to satisfy the masses.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
There are about 100 animations waiting to render, each taking about 3-4 hours and about 200 images each taking approximately 1 hour.

If one computer is doing the rendering work and completes the animations first before moving on to render the static images, and calculate the total time required separately for animations and images, and then sum up the durations.

For animations:

• Total animations = 100
  • Time per animation = 3.5 hours (average)
Total time for rendering animations = Total animations * Time per animation = 100 animations * 3.5 hours/animation = 350 hours

For images:

• Total images = 200
  • Time per image = 1 hour

Total time = Total time for rendering animations + Total time for rendering images = 350 hours + 200 hours = 550 hours
assuming continuous rendering 24 hours a day:

Total hours = 550 hours

Total days = Total hours / 24 hours/day = 550 hours / 24 hours/day ≈ 22.92 days

So, it would take approximately 22.92 days to complete the rendering process for both animations and static images, sequentially, using one computer continuously, 24 hours a day. Since we can't have a fraction of a day, we round up to the nearest whole number:

Total days ≈ 23 days

Therefore, it would take approximately 23 days to complete the rendering process sequentially for animations and static images, using one computer continuously, 24 hours a day.

Take this estimates with a grain of salt, could be more, could be less.

Reactions: Punto

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021

What Slockie didn't mention was that the 100 animations in the render queue are all MMO-related and that the associated Athena ending involves slaying 10,000 boars in a massive free roam to prove your worthiness to earn her hand in marriage.

4.50 star(s) 204 Votes