Geffe

Jul 14, 2019
I'm not opposed to this, as long as he doesn't drag it out too much. I think the lifepath ended with 'Kate' still at university. So wrap that up with a vignette or two, then move on to recruitment and training as a spy. Hypothetically he could finish the lifepath in two or three updates.

What will be a problem is what he needs to do once he has finished the lifepath. Because now a whole lot of additional stuff needs to be added to the existing Bangkok stuff. What if the agent is an operator instead of an analyst? What if she fucked dozens of guys instead of a few? What if she is low neuroticism vs high? That's a lot of extra text to account for all the variations if he wants the characterization of the agent to be coherent.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm not opposed to this, as long as he doesn't drag it out too much. I think the lifepath ended with 'Kate' still at university.
It depends on which iteration of the game you take into account. :hidethepain:

The oldest got to the point where Kate graduates from university and gets recruited for the mission and has some basic agent training.

The one afterwards (with reworked paperdoll and backend) got to the point where Kate is out of finishing school and enters university, then it petered out.

MrAnarchy

Aug 22, 2022
It depends on which iteration of the game you take into account. :hidethepain:

The oldest got to the point where Kate graduates from university and gets recruited for the mission and has some basic agent training.

The one afterwards (with reworked paperdoll and backend) got to the point where Kate is out of finishing school and enters university, then it petered out.
The second version ended after her first year at uni, and Crush said he had plans to cover each year afterwards until she graduated.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
That's a lot of extra text to account for all the variations if he wants the characterization of the agent to be coherent.
You just had to go and remind Crush how re-integrating life path will give him an excuse to spend 2 more years of "development" by polishing the handful of existing scenes to "accurately reflect the diverse variety of personalities your agent can have heading into the Bangkok mission" or whatever marketing bullshit he'll need a week to come up with instead of actually doing the work.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I'm not opposed to this, as long as he doesn't drag it out too much. I think the lifepath ended with 'Kate' still at university. So wrap that up with a vignette or two, then move on to recruitment and training as a spy. Hypothetically he could finish the lifepath in two or three updates.

What will be a problem is what he needs to do once he has finished the lifepath. Because now a whole lot of additional stuff needs to be added to the existing Bangkok stuff. What if the agent is an operator instead of an analyst? What if she fucked dozens of guys instead of a few? What if she is low neuroticism vs high? That's a lot of extra text to account for all the variations if he wants the characterization of the agent to be coherent.
That was the 2nd version of Lifepath...

The original Lifepath, the one Crush abandoned following 1.6 update was actually complete (from birth through getting on plane for Bangkok) and that version actually had skill system that worked and choices you made earlier had effect later on. Not much of an effect but there was still an effect.

That said, how much are you willing to bet Crush will be now working on 3rd version of Lifepath, starting once again from begining...

And of course, once he develops that Lifepath, that will require him to pretty much rewrite EVERYTHING that happened in Bangkok so far.

Reactions: Vibesy and confu

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
Are you actually fucking kidding me

Holy fucking shit
How hard can it possibly be to come up with story events about a hot girl working a fucking tittiebar/brothel
No one would've even given him shit if he had just implemented random encounters for the work week which you could play again and again if you so wanted to and then just add random encounters + story progression

But no he can't do that
Because at some point the girl that got raped by her future employer and had various sexual adventures afterwards started to feel weird about a blowjob

I can't
He took the game out of Bangkok
What the fuck

Is it really that hard to come up with groping and sexual proposition situations for him?
I mean really?

We aren't even in Bangkok anymore
The lifepath being shelved was supposed to make the story the centre of his attention
I hated that because I saw no reason to
All he had to do was connect the skills you earn in the lifepath to the story driven game.
Aka just use the same variables, all other twine games manage to do that
There shouldn't even be any distinction
The lifepath is the preparation for how the player wants to play
A slut, a naive girl, whatever the player wants

Oh god

He's going to come up with a new sex mechanic again isn't he?
Even though the first one was fucking fine

Wow

This is something

Mar 3, 2019
That was the 2nd version of Lifepath...

The original Lifepath, the one Crush abandoned following 1.6 update was actually complete (from birth through getting on plane for Bangkok) and that version actually had skill system that worked and choices you made earlier had effect later on. Not much of an effect but there was still an effect.

That said, how much are you willing to bet Crush will be now working on 3rd version of Lifepath, starting once again from begining...

And of course, once he develops that Lifepath, that will require him to pretty much rewrite EVERYTHING that happened in Bangkok so far.
Second version of Lifepath is still in the file, just not linked to anything so one would hope he can just pick it up. Of course this is Crush we're talking about, the Todd 'I Can't Tell If It's Incompetence or Malice' Howard of this space.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The second version ended after her first year at uni, and Crush said he had plans to cover each year afterwards until she graduated.
Yeah, when i said Kate enters university i meant there's a bit of early content in there and then it just died.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
Second version of Lifepath is still in the file, just not linked to anything so one would hope he can just pick it up. Of course this is Crush we're talking about, the Todd 'I Can't Tell If It's Incompetence or Malice' Howard of this space.
- Female Agent is an enormous dynamic world

- You can walk all the way through Bangkok

- Go where you want, do what you want

- Female Agent will have 200 endings

- The game has over 200 encounters, all handcrafted

It just works

Reactions: Rayace and confu

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
- Female Agent is an enormous dynamic world

- You can walk all the way through Bangkok

- Go where you want, do what you want