• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

How to create a "picture story" style book with DAZ-renders

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Hi all.

OK, either i searched with the wrong words or i'm blind at all. But I haven't found the correct and simple answer so far.

If I want to create kinda VN, no, not a real VN as defined, but more a picture story book with the typical comic layout.

1703021704535.png

So, i'm looking for a tool, with which i could place the single renders (coming from DAZ) and can place the typical speech bubbles.

So far i played around with RenPy and i know (but not tested yet) where i can place these bubbles on the screen as well, but you always see one "page" (aka scene).
I would rather go for a PDF. Like a normal comic (or photo story) like in the past (i'm > 50) .

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
This is a job for a image editor program like "photoshop" or Adobe Express. You can also use a simpler (and free!) tool like Paint.net ( ), and there are literally dozens of other options.

To actually do the work you would use the editor to create a large white background image and then add many "layers", one for each panel of the comic, and import the rendered images one at a time into the layers. This way you can crop/move around/resize the images from Daz any way you want.

You could also add one or more layers for speech bubbles (although Paint.net is not the greatest tool for text - once you make a text line and "finalize" it from "Text" to "image of text", you can't edit it anymore)

There are many creators on this site who do already make comics. One that comes to mind is L8ERALgames, for example this thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/unlocking-mia-2023-01-13-l8eralgames.144416/#post-12178037

Take a look in this subforum (use filter by prefix to restrict to "comic") https://f95zone.to/forums/comics-stills.40/ for more examples.

Reactions: Jumbi