• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM How to make 3d/anime models and where to start for beginners

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
Blender, or search google for smutbase and download over 100 anime models from games and other NSFW locations.

Sukurumanu

Feb 13, 2024
In addition to Blender suggestion... If you get decent enough with Blender (which is something that comes handy always, btw) - you can try going with a modification of Blender called .
Granted - if you are at that level of skill with Blender, you can probably comfortably create shaders that will be able to emulate anime style cell shading even without Goo Engine.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
where do i begin with making the models?
Trying to make a game starting from 3d models with no previous 3d experience is like going to the river to dig clay for bricks when you start to make an apartment building - it will take years to get anywhere.

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
Trying to make a game starting from 3d models with no previous 3d experience is like going to the river to dig clay for bricks when you start to make an apartment building - it will take years to get anywhere.
It can be that way. Its hard to make it through life and junk while working on this.

Someone suggested goo engine but keep in mind that many things dont exactly transfer out of engine and it will take a bit of time to learn what those are and why they cant. Goo engine shaders would not work unless youre only rendering in blender. If you do make stuff from scratch, expect to be close to 1200 hours of working time before you can make anything. Maybe you get lucky and get a better foundation than I did but I track my working time loosely.

From scratch, start here. There are a number of people making anime characters from scratch and you'll find them eventually but this is the most important tutorial you can do for character creation at the beginning.

After this, go grab sklx and learn to rip models from kk. Its not that hard but the materials and the rig will be unuseable last i remember. The time it would take to make new meshes isnt really worthwhile either imo, and starting from scratch and using it as a reference will be faster

Last edited: