• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial Installation Summary for Assets

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Short description how to install assets in DAZ:

1st of all: DIM needs zip files named "IM000+ID-0X_NAME.zip" aka "IM00064738-01_ItsName.zip".
  • If the downloaded file is named "IM000.....zip" you can directly put it on the download manager folder.

If you downloaded an other file than zip you have to unpack it and look at it's content:
  • If you unpack a folder and see it named "IM000...zip", do the same thing than before and put this zip file into the download manager folder.

• If the main file have another name and when you open a folder, you see one folder "content" with 2 small files named "supplement" and/or "manifest", that mean you can create an DIM with them, simply search for the ID number on DAZ market and rename the main zip into the correct name (aka IM000*the ID number here* -01_*name of asset.zip*.

• If the main file have another name and when you open it you see an "library", Runtime, "data", "content" or else without any "Manifest", that mean it's not DIM compatible and you need to open it and put the files into "my DAz 3D library" (mostly simple as the folder probably already exist in your library so you just have to copy-paste them into it).

Source text by @macadam, little formated by @Max Headroom

JoeBlogs

Nov 18, 2017
Short description how to install assets in DAZ:

If the main file have another name and when you open a folder, you see one folder "content" with 2 small files named "supplement" and/or "manifest", that mean you can create an DIM with them, simply search for the ID number on DAZ market and rename the main zip into the correct name (aka IM000*the ID number here* -01_*name of asset.zip*.

Source text by @macadam, little formated by @Max Headroom
You can get the ID number straight of the manifest.dsx file in the zip file. Just search for the string "_3d", and the number will be right next to it.

werdddsaa

Still fapping
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
this is not showing up on daz install manager. how to install it.

T-Daw

Nov 10, 2017
If the main file have another name and when you open a folder, you see one folder "content" with 2 small files named "supplement" and/or "manifest", that mean you can create an DIM with them, simply search for the ID number on DAZ market and rename the main zip into the correct name (aka IM000*the ID number here* -01_*name of asset.zip*.
I may be mistaken but I don't think DIM will read the file if you put .zip at the end? Might be a hair misleading everything else is spot on :) great post

Reactions: Blackshaddow

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I may be mistaken but I don't think DIM will read the file if you put .zip at the end? Might be a hair misleading everything else is spot on :) great post
its specially because its a zip that DIM recognize it :)
all DIM must be on zip format.

but ofc, it will not recognize it if its named "IM000333-01_things.zip.zip" :p , only 1 zip at end for the format

Reactions: Blackshaddow

T-Daw

Nov 10, 2017
its specially because its a zip that DIM recognize it :)
all DIM must be on zip format.

but ofc, it will not recognize it if its named "IM000333-01_things.zip.zip" :p , only 1 zip at end for the format
I can totally see people putting the .zip in a zip... WhY ThIs NoT WoRk:pokerFace:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I can totally see people putting the .zip in a zip... WhY ThIs NoT WoRk:pokerFace:
well simply because the name is suppose to be like this.
you cant even put a "space" or something in the name, it must be attached by "_" or all together.
bad exempl :
IM000222-01_My Little Test.zip ( this not gonna work because DIM is noy gonna read it due to space)
IM000222-01_My_Little_Test.zip.zip ( this not gonna work because DIM not gonna recognize it due to the "dot" before the first "zip" wich is a non valable symbol in name )

meh, i did that error before ya now :p, didnt make careful and renamed the files with .zip at end, but window putting the .zip extention at end in addition -_-

Reactions: T-Daw

ozmenethil

Apr 18, 2021
hi, well i copy paste de folder "runtime data and people" from de .zip file to my library folder.. but its doesnt show in daz ... what am i doing wrong???