[R>Proofreader] [R>Writer] Paid Looking for a writer/editor

AverRaiher

Feb 7, 2021
Project:
Vampire-Themed VN - The game is a vampire-themed visual novel that takes place in the near future. It includes branching storylines, multiple love interests, animated scenes and voice acting. The demo of the game will be released in March, and the early access version is planned to be released in September.

Developer:
Blue Fiend Studio - it's our debut game, but some members of the team have already shipped games before.

Looking for:
Writer/Editor - We're looking for a person that will share the role of writer/editor. The label is proofreader, but the text is already proofread - we are looking for someone who can do stylistic/structural editing. We're looking for someone with experience - it doesn't need to be necessarily experienced with game development. Having a blog with an audience (even a small one), Patreon or being active in a Reddit community focused on writing still counts.

Employment Type:
Paid - writing rate starts from 0.03$ per word. It's the minimum we offer; if your writing is superb, we're open to paying up to 0.06$. Then, after three months, based on your work (quality of writing and keeping deadlines) and depending on the game's performance, we may offer a higher rate.
The rate for editing is up for negotiation after you check the writing sample of our current writer and show us your proposed changes. It's this way because I'm not sure if it will need any serious editing. For me, it looks very good, and if it needs any editing, then it's minimal, but I want to hear the opinion of an experienced writer. The text is already proofread.

Work commitment:
1 year+.

Preferred method of contact:
Please send samples of your writing and your rates for writing to our lead designer via Discord: ReefRaf#2470. It will increase your chances significantly if you include a link to a blog/website/Patreon where you share your writing with an audience. The game has both MxF and MxM scenes, so when applying, please state if you are okay with both pairings (you can apply only for one pairing) and if any kinks are a no-go for you. From the get-go, I can say that there won't be any extremities like hardcore rape, bestiality, gore, wore or underage characters. Although as it is a vampire-themed game, some scenes involve blood.

Job Description:
We are looking for a writer/editor. Your first task will be to proofread the prologue scenes. After you're done with that and you get to know the characters well, you will start co-writing the game story based on pointers from the designer. The game is vampire-themed, so there will be scenes that involve sex with characters charmed by vampires. Therefore, you need to be comfortable writing scenes that involve dubious consent, although there won't be any hardcore rape scenes. Other kinks in the game are - sexual domination, corruption, sex with monsters (vampires, tentacles, werewolves) and similar.

Additional comments:
We are collecting applications until the 6th of February.

Last edited:
Reactions: elizzyviolet

AverRaiher

Feb 7, 2021
Answers to some questions I received:
  • We will be ordering 10-15k words each month.
  • The rate increases based on Patreon milestones.
  • You can apply only for writer or editor.
  • There is no name of the game because it will be announced in 3 weeks, and we don't want to spoil things, but you will learn all the details before starting the work.