[R>Writer] Share Unpaid Looking for an assistant writer for my [In Development] game [Cabin Corpse]

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Project:
- Cabin Corpse. The most recent version is 0.4

Developer:
-

Looking for:
- An assistant writer. You will be in charge of writing all character dialogues based on the plot and scenerios which I have already written and planned out. As of now the story is still in the first act. My goal is to push out more content in each new update so I can further the story's progression to the juicer parts quicker, and that's where you come in

story map.PNG

Employment Type:
- I'm currently not making any income from the game but I might be open to shared revenue

Work commitment:
- My plan is to have you on this project until it is finished. but I do have other ideas for new projects to work on, so depending on the success of the game I could have you on full-time if you're interested

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord: metalblinga

Job Description:
- A writer capable of creating captivating and believeable dialogue, spicy sex scenes and is cool with the tags attached to my game
- You'll only have to worry about writing dialogue, although you're welcome to suggest story and quest ideas

Additional comments:
- Although the game runs on unity. I would prefer it if you wrote the dialogue using renpy before sending it to me. Don't worry about the technical part of this weird requirement lol

Last edited:

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
I am interested... however, there are a few topics I wish to discuss, so you know my thoughts on Cabin Corpse before you decide anything.

Before I get into it, I just want to let you know I do not have any professional experience in the sense I've never written a released AVN, nor am I a professional writer. However, I can promise you that I will edit and tweak anything I've written until it's up to your standards.

Now onto Cabin Corpse. It's quite obvious the renders are high quality, so there is quite a bit of potential. It's also obvious you know how to develop a story. Despite having said all this... I do have a few issues with Cabin Corpse. My issues stem from the fact Cabin Corpse is developed with Unity and the fact it's a sandbox. There is a much larger market out there for true AVNs developed with Ren'py.

So with all this in mind, I have a proposal. To put it simply, you ditch Cabin Corpse, and we start working on an AVN together (which is developed with Ren'py and isn't a sandbox), possibly based on one of the ideas you've mentioned. With your amazing renders, I'm certain we can create a high quality game. You do the renders, sound and coding, I can write the dialogue and do the advertisement while we can both work on the story.

I can also help with the coding aspect, as I've played around with Ren'py before and I understand the basics. I'm also quite confident in my ability to learn any coding skills you need me to have.

I may be being a bit harsh... but I don't really see Cabin Corpse going anywhere due to a low target audience. It's quite obvious you have potential to create an amazing AVN... and let me help you do that. If you are interested, then just let me know and we can get in touch and discuss a few things.

In terms of profit-sharing, I'm happy to do a 75-25 split where you get 75, as you will be doing all the rendering (I'm also up to negotiating).

Please consider this offer... and if in the end you still want to continue on with Cabin Corpse, I'll still be happy to be your assistant writer.

Kind Regards,
Tak Mycket

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I am interested... however, there are a few topics I wish to discuss, so you know my thoughts on Cabin Corpse before you decide anything.

Before I get into it, I just want to let you know I do not have any professional experience in the sense I've never written a released AVN, nor am I a professional writer. However, I can promise you that I will edit and tweak anything I've written until it's up to your standards.

Now onto Cabin Corpse. It's quite obvious the renders are high quality, so there is quite a bit of potential. It's also obvious you know how to develop a story. Despite having said all this... I do have a few issues with Cabin Corpse. My issues stem from the fact Cabin Corpse is developed with Unity and the fact it's a sandbox. There is a much larger market out there for true AVNs developed with Ren'py.
Hi! Thanks for taking interest in my offer :)

It's absolutely fine if you have no prior experience. I myself had zero experience with story telling, Daz Studio, music production and game dev when I started working on the game haha. As long as you're willing to learn and improve, that's okay with me

I get what you mean, Unity games in general have a bad rep in the AVN industry. I myself am very skeptical whenever I click on a game with the "Unity" tag.
When I first started working on this project, I had no intention of making it what it is today, but the more I kept working on it, the more I realized I'd created a suitable substitute for renpy, so I transformed the project into a full-blown visual novel game. Had I planned to make a VN from the start I probably would have used renpy. Although, later I considered the pros and cons of possibly switching to renpy but Unity just seemed like a better option for this project. For future projects tho, I will most likely use renpy.

So with all this in mind, I have a proposal. To put it simply, you ditch Cabin Corpse, and we start working on an AVN together (which is developed with Ren'py and isn't a sandbox), possibly based on one of the ideas you've mentioned. With your amazing renders, I'm certain we can create a high quality game. You do the renders, sound and coding, I can write the dialogue and do the advertisement while we can both work on the story.

I can also help with the coding aspect, as I've played around with Ren'py before and I understand the basics. I'm also quite confident in my ability to learn any coding skills you need me to have.
Hmm, interesting propostion.. I have actually thought of converting the entire game into a traditional spam-click-to-finish visual novel on renpy. this would take somewhere between 1-2 weeks to finish, because the text files I designed for dialogues have a very similar syntax to renpy. But then, I ask myself, is that something I would enjoy working on? probably not so much.
As for abandoning the game completely? I don't think so. I might consider simultanously working on a separate project while mostly focusing on Cabin Corpse but that's about it.

I may be being a bit harsh... but I don't really see Cabin Corpse going anywhere due to a low target audience. It's quite obvious you have potential to create an amazing AVN... and let me help you do that. If you are interested, then just let me know and we can get in touch and discuss a few things.
One thing I've obeserved in the AVN industry is that there's a huge audience for just about anything haha, developers just need to be consistent and their audience will come in time.
Based on the feedback I've recieved from my game so far, I can tell the main reason why most people are not fully on board is that there are currently not enough sex scenes, and I can sympathize with that, the story is getting there, that's why I need someone to help speed things up.

In terms of profit-sharing, I'm happy to do a 75-25 split where you get 75, as you will be doing all the rendering (I'm also up to negotiating).
We can discuss the details for this on discord :). username: metalblinga

Please consider this offer... and if in the end you still want to continue on with Cabin Corpse, I'll still be happy to be your assistant writer.
Thanks!
For the proposition, I don't think I can abandon this project, I've practically already completed it, all that's left is dialogue and renders. It's fine if some people aren't okay with sandbox, I've already made my peace with that. The next game however will be a traditional renpy AVN with no sandbox, no worries there haha.

If you're interested in working with me please hit me up on discord, I'm currently evaluating 2 other applicants and I would like you to participate as well :)

Regards,
metalblinga.

Last edited:

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Do you have discord? Or somewhere I can contact other than F95?
Hi!

At the moment I have 3 applicants, and I'm very close to picking one of them as my assistant writer.
I'll update the thread based on that decision in a few days. :)