Nekirom

Nov 16, 2022
for some weird reason it tries to connect to github on launch or you get an error. online-only renpy game is a new one for me. :D
Weird Reason = game tries to get a list of patreon members online.
Seems to be a really bad idea to handle it that way, though.

Reactions: Jarul

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
for some weird reason it tries to connect to github on launch or you get an error. online-only renpy game is a new one for me. :D
Weird Reason = game tries to get a list of patreon members online.
Seems to be a really bad idea to handle it that way, though.
I added that to keep the supporter list up to date. I thought that would be nicer for the supporter since there are about 3 months between the updates. but normally it should fall back to the old system where it accesses the supporter from a file delivered with the game. so I'm not sure what went wrong there. I'll look into it for the bugfix patch.

Edit: could you provide the traceback text shown when the game crashes? It would immensely help when trying to fix the problem.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: TurhaanKoitatte

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/values.rpy", line 21, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/helper.rpy", line 948, in clear_log_file
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: 'cus_log.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/values.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "/private/var/folders/s2/7436kw9j2qx7r72wxzb8bcch0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/41A94035-38B6-4425-894F-1C8C4A57D4E8/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/private/var/folders/s2/7436kw9j2qx7r72wxzb8bcch0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/41A94035-38B6-4425-894F-1C8C4A57D4E8/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

macOS-14.1-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Mind the School 0.1.3A
Thu Apr 18 16:59:11 2024
Cant launch game
uhh, not really sure how to help there, I don't have any apple devices and thus cannot test that stuff, I also only added mac because people asked for it, but I can't debug that. maybe there is a cus_log.txt that you should delete?

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
The first 30min. of the game are interesting but after that it appears to me like a giant loop.
You can only implant like 1 new rule to the School?
The Upgrade System seams rather stuck in Development?

Overall this looks promising - but lacks content overall - at least that`s how it looks to me.

I would call it a well made, promising Demo at this point.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
The first 30min. of the game are interesting but after that it appears to me like a giant loop.
You can only implant like 1 new rule to the School?
The Upgrade System seams rather stuck in Development?

Overall this looks promising - but lacks content overall - at least that`s how it looks to me.

I would call it a well made, promising Demo at this point.
yeah the content is definitely lacking, but I chose this way of publishing the game to get as much feedback as possible, before the game code becomes too complicated to change.

Reactions: BoobiesSugoi

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
yeah I'll look into it if I can make it more acceptable for the anti-NTR crowd, but if I loose part of my audience because of that, then so be it. It will always be hard to please everyone, but if I loose potential players because they don't like my vision, then I can live with that. No offense. I still try to make it as widely enjoyable as possible but my core idea stays.
Not going to ask you to change vision or even to make it avoidable if that is what you want to do after all your game and have fun making it, just a tip some hint of that vision in a planned tag section or in developer notes would likely be appreciated by potential players and save you quite a few complaints when added. I had no clue the game in future would mainly be based on adventures of female students together and male/female students instead of MC based on OP before read some later posts. :)

Good luck and have fun making your game. :)

Antoon

May 13, 2018
Hmm I understand. The thing is, I want to create a school, where free love is the main agenda. Where everyone is able to do it with everyone else. That is one of the few main things I definitely want to have in the game.
That would fall under the swinging tag. People here go crazy if things like swinging or ntr will be introduced later on, they will say things like: "You baited me and broke my trust." Not even kidding :KEK:

Personally i love that concept btw. Are you going to include some emotionless sex? like some sexual relieve counsil or something? Would be great.

Reactions: GreenOwl and Su.IT

jaaacoo3b

Dec 4, 2023
Hi, mac version not working for me i cant run the game

Fail code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/0h/5qlt18013fb9jb9s7sjg_5p80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/DA7B07E3-700B-4C6A-8764-039A686C5123/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
File "/private/var/folders/0h/5qlt18013fb9jb9s7sjg_5p80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/DA7B07E3-700B-4C6A-8764-039A686C5123/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode

macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Mind the School 0.1.3A
Thu Apr 18 21:41:15 2024

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Not going to ask you to change vision or even to make it avoidable if that is what you want to do after all your game and have fun making it, just a tip some hint of that vision in a planned tag section or in developer notes would likely be appreciated by potential players and save you quite a few complaints when added. I had no clue the game in future would mainly be based on adventures of female students together and male/female students instead of MC based on OP before read some later posts. :)

Good luck and have fun making your game. :)
That would fall under the swinging tag. People here go crazy if things like swinging or ntr will be introduced later on, they will say things like: "You baited me and broke my trust." Not even kidding :KEK:
Yeah I'll think about that. I wanted to have something their showing future plans, but was never sure what to write. I'll guess I'll put more Brain time into it :)

Reactions: DA22

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Hi, mac version not working for me i cant run the game

Fail code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/0h/5qlt18013fb9jb9s7sjg_5p80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/DA7B07E3-700B-4C6A-8764-039A686C5123/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
File "/private/var/folders/0h/5qlt18013fb9jb9s7sjg_5p80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/DA7B07E3-700B-4C6A-8764-039A686C5123/d/MindTheSchool.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode

macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Mind the School 0.1.3A
Thu Apr 18 21:41:15 2024
Yeah I already told earlier, I don't have the assets to properly test the macOS version as I don't own any apple devices. I only added a mac version because people asked for it, but I did so under the pretence, that I can't garuantee the functionality. I also wrote that in the Developer notes. But I have a good guess what the problem is here. I guess here it is the closed off nature of apple being uncooperative. I think I can get that fixed for the coming bugfix.

Reactions: jaaacoo3b

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Game crash when cannot connect to internet. Deleted.
yeah the game tries to download the current supporter list from my github and normally I have provided a fallback in case that doesn't work or people don't want to have it connect to the internet. If you could provide the log, I could work on fixing it as I can't reproduce that problem by myself

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
how do you build corruption fast because this grind is fucking abysmal.
building stats will be easier in the future. There is just not enough content for that to either be largely relevant nor for it to be built quickly.
Otherwise:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Getting errors, dont feel like starting over, will just wait until a new version comes.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Should we be expecting a hotfix before the next major update? I'd like to try the game out, but it sounds like there are some pretty significant bugs in the latest update. Particularly since I might be playing it without having access to the internet.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes