Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Yes, yes yes and yes. Same with our lovely (seriously yandere) pirate captain.

This is an interesting story, but it has a lot of issues currently with the writing...that can't be denied...lots of things are just 'off' if you look below the surface level of it.
Yeah i think its proably the ambition/scope of buu conflicting with the need for efficiancy and development.

He may envisioned it like the player being able to chose which LI shares the bed with the mc (for example) but it would simply require too much branching and renders to be worth it esp as he seems to have a big story to tell and keeps producing these updates on a regular basis like crazy.

I guess if he would take twice the time for every update we may would get more branching possibilitys but would that be worth it? I dont know ...

And considering how like 90% of the players love eliza and seem to prefer her above any other LI (me included) he may just decided to turn it into the MC and Eliza story. If i wouldnt like Eliza, i couldnt play this avn.

But yeah with Kira it was similar questionable which makes it feel like a harem is intended which at the same time feels kinda out of place.

Reactions: BuuPlays

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Honestly other than Eliza only other LI i'm interested in is Alice. Maybe ill give the blonde pirate a try once cause she is hot on a manwhore save forgot her name Peral I think?? Ren unsure will find out when she comes into the story more. So really at this point while it may feeling like cheating ( yet to play anything but a solo Eliza path so im unsure). I hope maybe for a throuple Alice path as much as im picky when it comes to throuples in these games. If we are going to spend so much time with Eliza where it could still feel like cheating even if on a solo path I think probably be best to make them a throuple. idk yet how it feels to play a Alice save just going by some things ive read.

Reactions: D4rkK1ng

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah i think its proably the ambition/scope of buu conflicting with the need for efficiancy and development.

He may envisioned it like the player being able to chose which LI shares the bed with the mc (for example) but it would simply require too much branching and renders to be worth it esp as he seems to have a big story to tell and keeps producing these updates on a regular basis like crazy.

I guess if he would take twice the time for every update we may would get more branching possibilitys but would that be worth it? I dont know ...

And considering how like 90% of the players love eliza and seem to prefer her above any other LI (me included) he may just decided to turn it into the MC and Eliza story. If i wouldnt like Eliza, i couldnt play this avn.

But yeah with Kira it was similar questionable which makes it feel like a harem is intended which at the same time feels kinda out of place.
I think things could be improved a bit without too much extra work if the Eliza-as-friend path omitted the scenes of the MC in bed altogether. Tweak the dialog to imply they're sleeping on far sides of the bed and either cut the scene just before they retire or start the scene just after they're up and about. Skip the bits where they get too lovey-dovey.

It would reduce content on the Eliza-as-friends path and her intended relationship would still be obvious, but this could potentially paper over the worst cracks. It won't do much to fix the harem-via-cheating issue, but that ship may have sailed.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Nephilim [v0.4.0] [BuuPlays]

E v0.4.0 (Public Release!)

Chapter 5! Woooooh! Let's go baby!
Ready to head into Chapter five and meet a cast of new characters while continuing our journey?

This update is about 35% larger than normal monthly updates!

Changelog:

Renders: 407
Animations: 4
Words: 13.596

Download links: PC
Mega:

MixDrop:
Download links: MAC
Mega:

MixDrop:

Enjoy the update!

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Nephilim [v0.4.0] [BuuPlays]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Nephilim [v0.4.0] [BuuPlays] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.3.7 -> v0.4.0 [162 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
ehh, disappointing lewd scene with Eliza, i think since mc returned they never had a good scene

Kemb

Jul 25, 2019
Love the update, can't wait to see the lovely pirates again. I hope they stay with the MC for good this time.
As an avid MILF fan, the queen looks really good, hope there is Oyakodon in the future. and we can somehow teach the bratty princess a lesson.
and honestly love what you did with Selene, saved yourself a headache there most likely.

Reactions: BuuPlays

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I really liked this update alot reminds me how I enjoyed the game prior to the pirate arc. Tho it is mostly a setup update for what is to come in this arc / chapter. I'm happy Eliza is the one that killed Selena tho it makes me wonder if she kills her if you spare her sister. I really like all the lore dumb and excited for what is too come. I can't wait till we met the King of the Vampires with Eliza at some point. Lewd scene with Eliza was a bit meh but also not that big of a deal as I do not play this for lewds but for characters like Eliza. Also I LOVED the Witcher 3 Easter egg the scene was almost exactly the same.

Can't comment on Alice as I don't have a save for her so I dont know if the content is different or not. Starting to like Luna more tho after this update probably will make a save for her in the future. I just hope she doesn't betray us because she puts her mother first in the future as that will really suck since I really taken a liking to her. But I mostly cant wait till wait till Rin shows up and sees the MC again.

While I always liked Alice and she was my 2nd favorite character and wanted her path to develop more as I feel like Alice's path develops a bit to slowly for a LI especially after we were away from her and Eliza for so long. Dealing with the pirate arc and before waiting for her to finally come to the city where the MC is just so we can get some character development with her . The small bits we have seen of Rin slowly making me change my mind and prefer Rin over Alice while we haven't talked to Rin yet I feel like it is developing at a better pace than Alice is.

Overall for me it is a 9 / 10 update.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I really liked this update alot reminds me how I enjoyed the game prior to the pirate arc. Tho it is mostly a setup update for what is to come in this arc / chapter. I'm happy Eliza is the one that killed Selena tho it makes me wonder if she kills her if you spare her sister. I really like all the lore dumb and excited for what is too come. I can't wait till we met the King of the Vampires with Eliza at some point. Lewd scene with Eliza was a bit meh but also not that big of a deal as I do not play this for lewds but for characters like Eliza. Also I LOVED the Witcher 3 Easter egg the scene was almost exactly the same.

Can't comment on Alice as I don't have a save for her so I dont know if the content is different or not. Starting to like Luna more tho after this update probably will make a save for her in the future. I just hope she doesn't betray us because she puts her mother first in the future as that will really suck since I really taken a liking to her. But I mostly cant wait till wait till Rin shows up and sees the MC again.

While I always liked Alice and she was my 2nd favorite character and wanted her path to develop more as I feel like Alice's path develops a bit to slowly for a LI especially after we were away from her and Eliza for so long. Dealing with the pirate arc and before waiting for her to finally come to the city where the MC is just so we can get some character development with her . The small bits we have seen of Rin slowly making me change my mind and prefer Rin over Alice while we haven't talked to Rin yet I feel like it is developing at a better pace than Alice is.

Overall for me it is a 9 / 10 update.
that got me thinking actually, and looking at the tags I didn't see harem mentioned. But in the dev notes it's there as planned. So I don't think those paths are exclusive, you can romance the crap out of everyone you want so far without repercussions.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
that got me thinking actually, and looking at the tags I didn't see harem mentioned. But in the dev notes it's there as planned. So I don't think those paths are exclusive, you can romance the crap out of everyone you want so far without repercussions.
yeah and there is a conversation in the bar that kinda of look like you are picking a harem path or not when you talk with your dwarf friend. tho I still prefer to do 1 save per character and 1 harem / manslut save tbh just how I roll.

great game and story until the vampire garbage because of that IM out good luck dev
yeah that's kind how everyone felt it on the bright side it does like it's getting better tho if you can push yourself past it but I get it. I fell ya if it wasn't for how much I like Eliza I wouldn't of stuck through it or at least check it out update to update. Cause to be honest I almost never drop a game Ive only ever dropped like 2 games out of the 85 or so ive played lol.

Reactions: Elduriel

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I'm curious about the corruption content in this game. Some people said the MC is the one being corrupted, that he becomes evil, but that also affects his relationships, right? Does the dark path mean he won't be a loving, romantic partner but a more dominating, mean person to the LIs? Is that content as deep as the alternative?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk and desmosome
4.10 star(s) 59 Votes