Daz Blender [Solved] Importing from Blender to DaZ

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I created a basic object in Blender. Cutting some forms out. Really basic.
But it seems this, what i created, doen't translate to DAZ. Why?
If someone would be so kind to look at the images to tell where my mistake is.
Thank you so much

2023-01-21 11_10_21-Blender_ [D__Users_joerg_Documents_wall.blend].jpg 2023-01-21 11_12_19-Blender_ [D__Users_joerg_Documents_wall.blend].jpg
2023-01-21 11_11_49-DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro.jpg 2023-01-21 11_11_05-DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro.png

P.S. SOLVED!!!
This is how i made it work.
2023-01-21 11_44_51-Blender File View.jpg

Last edited:

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Blender can handle n-gons (faces with five or more vertices). Daz Studio can't so it creates that ugly deformed face. I'd recommend using a triangulate modifier instead of checking triangulate mesh in the export options, so you can see what the triangulation looks like before exporting it.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Oh boy. I have to admit that i am not even sure what it means.:unsure:
Anyway, i was a little not there. Mentally. I exported party without selecting and was surprised that only nothing loaded in DAZ.
I watched some videos how to cut out something from a surface. Now, in theory you can do that in DAZ i suppose but it's just more complicated. In Blender it's rather quick.
The DAZ>Blender bridge seems not been working for the newest Blender version so i didn't bother. I suppose it makes it easier to import/export.

I am working on a sex scene and, yes, you guessed it. It's a gloryhole. I really work on that scene for days and that fucking wall is important. Now i know how to do it and it will my life easier to create items for my scene.
Who knows, maybe one day i just do in Blender (scene and render...). For now, i am already happy that was able to do that.

I have to read on that triangulate thingy.

It isn't symmetrical in any way but for my purpose totally alright. Figure can put his gen's through and arms. I know, pretty pervy. :rolleyes:

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Basically Daz can't deal with faces that have more than four edges (that's an n-gon). So if you want to export a mesh you need to make sure all your faces are quads or triangles. Advanced users can use Select Faces By Trait to isolate n-gons and cut them up with the knife tool, but for a beginner using a triangulate modifier is fine.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted