KillerKlown

Aug 19, 2018
funny how the art/animation hasn't evolved since 2017. It looks generic and the animations are basic 5 second loops split in between some dialogue. It just doesn't look good compared to most games now.
The art in this game is still top tier, indeed that is why there are tons of people still paying.

The animation though? Ha!

Reactions: Shishingam

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
funny how the art/animation hasn't evolved since 2017. It looks generic and the animations are basic 5 second loops split in between some dialogue. It just doesn't look good compared to most games now.
It absolutely has evolved since then, saying it didn't is a bold faced lie. Calling it generic is also questionable, DCs art is pretty stylized.

And what games have better animations? I don't know if you referred to the animations posted earlier in this thread but those are fan made and not official.
idk why people call it AI slop, that grace animation legit looks better than those wallpapers DC has been working on for a month
Those animations aren't even pure AI. There's often pre-existing game assets in there and the parts that are AI generated are heavily modified and touched up. Also the animation work isn't done by AI.

And with all that considered, it is not even of the same quality as the game's (modern) handmade animations, at least in my opinion.
Why would anyone use the tools at their disposal when they can have the same (or similar, sometimes even better) results way later with more work? To claim moral superiority, apparently.

Also, the answer to your question is 'efficient.'
AI can't create, it can only use an algorithm to reference existing data to then render something with that data. So you end up with pictures that are incredibly generic and/or derivative. Using it as a tool is one thing, depending on it to "create" your substance is something else.

Slytherin͏

May 23, 2020
No major updates in 2 years. Now Abandoned??? How come DC still tops in the category of most popular Patreon adult games by paid member count?

Last edited:

FGM01

Jun 27, 2023
Any news since the abandoned tag was applied here? Been a while since I played and it's such a shame, even though MC hooked up with pretty much anyone on 2 legs, there was still a lot of interesting potential for character stuff.

Like, sure we hooked up with everyone but a lot of them were in isolation. Not much crossover between the ladies. Only the briefest glimpses of it, like Eve and Roxy bonding in detention. This game needed more of that. Only girl to even meet MC's mom was Roxy. I would love to see more stuff like that. Or Eve finding out MC slept with her sister and goth friend, and all of them having to deal with that. Improving Eve and Grace's relationship. Whatshername Lin being introduced to some of the other characters. Same with Mia, who barely interacted with anyone. The nice daycare milf who you start to have a back and forth with, that needs more development. Your friend's hot mom. More Becca relationship, not just as Roxy's friend. Nothing ever came of the milking station yet either iirc.

These are the sort of things that I remember wanting to see, and the previous writing in the game would've been more than up to the challenge. Don't know if it still is.

Reactions: itsyeboii

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Any news since the abandoned tag was applied here? Been a while since I played and it's such a shame, even though MC hooked up with pretty much anyone on 2 legs, there was still a lot of interesting potential for character stuff.

Like, sure we hooked up with everyone but a lot of them were in isolation. Not much crossover between the ladies. Only the briefest glimpses of it, like Eve and Roxy bonding in detention. This game needed more of that. Only girl to even meet MC's mom was Roxy. I would love to see more stuff like that. Or Eve finding out MC slept with her sister and goth friend, and all of them having to deal with that. Improving Eve and Grace's relationship. Whatshername Lin being introduced to some of the other characters. Same with Mia, who barely interacted with anyone. The nice daycare milf who you start to have a back and forth with, that needs more development. Your friend's hot mom. More Becca relationship, not just as Roxy's friend. Nothing ever came of the milking station yet either iirc.

These are the sort of things that I remember wanting to see, and the previous writing in the game would've been more than up to the challenge. Don't know if it still is.
We haven't actually hooked up with everyone, there's still many characters that have had zero or very little content, but I share exactly the same sentiment, having more characters intertwine and interact with eachother would be great for many reasons, especially potential scenes and general liveliness of the game.

It's never happening though, at least on the scale we'd like to see. DC is already having a hard time with isolated questlines.

tomcody111

Aug 12, 2017
Man what a waste. This was a legit good game. Before the hiatus I remember there being fairly regular updates, i.e. every month or 2. Loved the art and I thought the story was pretty decent. Now I just get left with sour feelings for this dev. Should be criminal to collect for an extended period of time while giving progress updates and then just abandon. Tech update my ass. Even if a release happens, less than double or triple the content would not make up for it.

FGM01

Jun 27, 2023
We haven't actually hooked up with everyone, there's still many characters that have had zero or very little content, but I share exactly the same sentiment, having more characters intertwine and interact with eachother would be great for many reasons, especially potential scenes and general liveliness of the game.

It's never happening though, at least on the scale we'd like to see. DC is already having a hard time with isolated questlines.
If there are then they're all slipping my mind. Except for that thicc classmate from early on, she's the only one I can remember who barely got any attention. I remember there was one teacher who had a thing for Mia, maybe she could also be interested in some of the other students.

Has DC said he's having trouble? I'm sure there are a ton of people who'd be happy to come help with the writing if necessary.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
If there are then they're all slipping my mind. Except for that thicc classmate from early on, she's the only one I can remember who barely got any attention. I remember there was one teacher who had a thing for Mia, maybe she could also be interested in some of the other students.
Annie
Judith
Lopez & Martinez
Rhonda
Coach Bridget
Mrs. Smith
Abby
Jane

There's some other characters like the moms of certain school characters, characters who have a little content but need more, like the lifeguard and the nun, and there's also recently added characters that don't have any content yet.

So there are plenty of characters we haven't hooked up with. It's going to be very long before Summertime Saga is feature complete.
Has DC said he's having trouble? I'm sure there are a ton of people who'd be happy to come help with the writing if necessary.
Overhauling the game has taken them close to 3 years (?) and isn't going to be done anytime soon when it was supposed to only take ~4 months. DC has never been good at managing, in fact he's terrible at it and admits he just wants to draw.

The struggle is self-evident. We're never gonna get anything other than isolated quests, at least with the characters that already have content.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
I think you and a lot of other people on here underestimate just how ambitious the game really is. If were really that simple why aren't there more? Name 10 completed 2d sandbox adult visual novels of the same quality. Hell, name 5. Hell, name any.
1-Rance X
2-Rance IX
3-Rance Quest
4-Sengoku Rance
5-Rance VI
6-Rance 03
7-Evenicle 2
8-Evenicle
9-Eiyuu * Senki GOLD
10-Eiyuu * Senki
11-Four Elements Trainer

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
Back? I never left.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DC is the top adult game developer on Patreon in terms of the number of paid subscribers. There are a couple who rank higher in terms of dollar amount.
DC does not bring in $2 million per year. Per data collected by Graphtreon, based upon past performance of average subscription amount per paid subscriber, DC has never made even $1 million per year from Patreon subscribers - his single best month was about $80,000.
I am not denying the thrust of your post - I am simply making sure that there is a better understanding of the data.
Right now, there's no significant change. It's within expectations based upon the performance of his numbers over the past year.
View attachment 3629412
So, I would:
View attachment 3629406
perhaps you should have.its bad enough when devs dont deliver-you dont contribute to this site.as i said youre just a sellf appointed mouth piece or is Kompass paying you.all your posts regarding abandoned tag youre countdown-all on you,sad really ,just jumping on the talent when you have none :D (y)

Reactions: XCelesX

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
1-Rance X
2-Rance IX
3-Rance Quest
4-Sengoku Rance
5-Rance VI
6-Rance 03
7-Evenicle 2
8-Evenicle
9-Eiyuu * Senki GOLD
10-Eiyuu * Senki
11-Four Elements Trainer
Not counting Japanese games. Name 10 western-made games, same requirements. Also, cannot be from the same series. You have 1 so far.

4.10 star(s) 353 Votes