VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Nah, can't agree on that. She said she was working for government agency, this is an outright lie. She is very dishonest about what the first lie brought with it.

We know Fiona have secrets to share and she even revealed she has some sort of connection to Neverwhere. She did not lie anything as far as we know. Except probably her name but she is on the run(relatively) and be vary about it. Also she is not a childhood friend of MC, so she has time. (y)
But that "as far as we know" is my whole point. *If* it turns out Fiona's backstory is relevant to the MC and recent events around him, the mere fact that Fiona admitted to keeping secrets will be very little comfort.

I don't expect that to happen, but then again I'm willing to give Kaija another chance so you might question my judgement. ;)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah it does not. You should get that from me turning to ancient memes to make my point. :LOL:

That is a lie, there is nothing softens that whether it's close to her real job. Btw, it's not close either if that agency was not Men in Black. :LOL:
I mean I get it still a lie and I know wouldn't make it better for you. I was just saying it just makes better to me personally. The Agency feels close enough to me idk what else would be close if we have to pick some other career. Cause how they have a secret base and all of that. My point was if she said it was something that was not even close to the truth to a small degree It would feel worst for me for some stupid reason idk why makes no sense but it is what it is.

If I had to guess why I feel that way perhaps cause how the MC knew she was going on secret dangerous missions all the time so nothing changed there. If she said she worked a supermarket late shift or something now the MC would have to get used to her being in danger or dying if the MC chooses to get back together with her. At least saying she worked for a agency he is somewhat used to the danger element. Only thing that really changed is the whole Fantasy / scifi element + the MC's family involvement but I'm more focusing on the career portion of the lie.

Oct 10, 2022
But that "as far as we know" is my whole point. *If* it turns out Fiona's backstory is relevant to the MC and recent events around him, the mere fact that Fiona admitted to keeping secrets will be very little comfort.

I don't expect that to happen, but then again I'm willing to give Kaija another chance so you might question my judgement. ;)
But there are some certain facts we know about Fiona. One of the most important one is, she just met MC and not a life long "friend". If MC recently met Kaija and she was not pretending to be his girlfriend then I would not have any problem with her. So whatever her secrets are cannot be same level as Kaija. If MC trust her with his knowledge she reveals more than Kaija within limited timeframe.

For giving her another chance, you do you I guess but that reminds me another person who gave too many second chances.;)
gffgddgf_large.jpg

Grumpy Old Aussie

May 6, 2023
Yeah most likely even her name is not real but at least she did not pretend to love MC to serve a secret organisation. ;)Also she is honest about having secrets. So all good in that front.:)
Kaija is a write off. Trust once broken is very hard to earn back. My MC won't trust her again. Fiona is cute, no question. I think Fiona is probably a sweetheart who has been burned by her family and I'll grow to love her like I do Elea. We don't know that yet so I'm just holding off getting attached to her until we know more. Same with Medb, I'm rather attracted to her, but I'm holding off her as well until we see who she is. She may be a deceitful dark elf succubus for all I know or there might be some sweet sensual warm heart under all that ice. We shall see.

Oct 10, 2022
I mean I get it still a lie and I know wouldn't make it better for you. I was just saying it just makes better to me personally. The Agency feels close enough to me idk what else would be close if we have to pick some other career. Cause how they have a secret base and all of that. My point was if she said it was something that was not even close to the truth to a small degree It would feel worst for me for some stupid reason idk why makes no sense but it is what it is.

If I had to guess why I feel that way perhaps cause how the MC knew she was going on secret dangerous missions all the time so nothing changed there. If she said she worked a supermarket late shift or something now the MC would have to get used to her being in danger or dying if the MC chooses to get back together with her. At least saying she worked for a agency he is somewhat used to the danger element. Only thing that really changed is the whole Fantasy / scifi element + the MC's family involvement but I'm more focusing on the career portion of the lie.
How was she going to explain constant long business trips, all the secrecy, being on-call 24/7 etc. if she said she was working at a supermarket? Do you really think MC would not want to visit the supermarket? The lie she told was the most convenient. Not some portion of it was a lie, it was outright full-fledged lie. For the rest of it, please refer to the last meme. :unsure::whistle::)

Kaija is a write off. Trust once broken is very hard to earn back. My MC won't trust her again. Fiona is cute, no question. I think Fiona is probably a sweetheart who has been burned by her family and I'll grow to love her like I do Elea. We don't know that yet so I'm just holding off getting attached to her until we know more. Same with Medb, I'm rather attracted to her, but I'm holding off her as well until we see who she is. She may be a deceitful dark elf succubus for all I know or there might be some sweet sensual warm heart under all that ice. We shall see.
Yep yep, she is a write off. (y):LOL:

Is it possible that Ceolag Tsung took his soul too, that's why he posted that?:unsure: :KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ceolag the collector of souls. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
How was she going to explain constant long business trips, all the secrecy, being on-call 24/7 etc. if she said she was working at a supermarket? Do you really think MC would not want to visit the supermarket? The lie she told was the most convenient. Not some portion of it was a lie, it was outright full-fledged lie. For the rest of it, please refer to the last meme. :unsure::whistle::)
o I agree it would make no sense if it was a supermarket all I was saying since it was close enough for me personally that anything that was hypothetically far away from it would make it worst to me. Did I say only a small portion of it was a lie then my bad didn't mean to. I thought I said I was just focusing on the career part of it not the entire thing. if im being honest like 1/2 of your meme's fall on deaf ears to me even tho I been on the internet my entire life pretty much I never paid attention to meme's so I don't really get alot of meme's I see lol.

But anyways i'm gonna go back to mostly ignoring this thread but devlogs nothing you said but I find it better for me personally. Since I kind of hate talking about Kaija most of the time as of a 1 - 3 months ago . As you guys are too good about bringing up some valid points but still cant get myself to agree lol. Which sometimes makes me feel shitty or ruins my mood for the rest of the day for liking her so much after long discussions about her as I feel I should dislike her but I cant. I guess I was bored today.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
hey still better to have a believable lie than saying I work at Walmart
I think that might be a good cover, though. Have you been to Walmart? Aliens and folks from alternate realities everywhere! Where do you think the 300lb people wearing their pajamas come from? They come through a Neverwhere portal from a dimension that is all single-wides in a place that resembles West Virginia!

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes