Cheat Mod Ren'Py The Null Hypothesis Cheat Injector [v1.3] [Sleepingkirby]

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Instructions were a bit unclear. For those with issues installing: you put the .bat in the "game" folder then you get the .sh file in the main folder and select "open with" the .bat file.
No, none of that is right. Windows people following that will not be able to apply the cheat (nor run the game).
A .bat file is a batch file (as in, batch commands). It needs to be RAN. If you were to select "open with", depending on your system and/or editor, it can run it in command prompt, open it in an editor or open it in another program.

The instructions are written that way for a reason. It needs to be RAN FROM THE GAMES FOLDER. ONLY ONCE IS IT DONE SHOULD YOU START THE GAME. If you're on windows, you CANNOT RUN THE GAME VIA THE .SH FILE UNLESS YOU HAVE A *NIX SHELL INSTALLED LIKE CYGWIN OR WSL. THE .BAT FILE DOES NOT REQUIRE NOR REFERENCE THE LINUX VERSION OF THE CHEAT INJECTOR. If it did, I would have a lot easier time writing the .bat version.

Most likely, what happened to you is, you ran it, assumed it was done and started the game. It didn't start applied so you did something else and restarted the game again. You need to wait until the script is finished before starting the game.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Exocrine

Achelexus

Aug 22, 2017
No, none of that is right. Windows people following that will not be able to apply the cheat (nor run the game).
A .bat file is a batch file (as in, batch commands). It needs to be RAN. If you were to select "open with", depending on your system and/or editor, it can run it in command prompt, open it in an editor or open it in another program.

The instructions are written that way for a reason. It needs to be RAN FROM THE GAMES FOLDER. ONLY ONCE IS IT DONE SHOULD YOU START THE GAME. If you're on windows, you CANNOT RUN THE GAME VIA THE .SH FILE UNLESS YOU HAVE A *NIX SHELL INSTALLED LIKE CYGWIN OR WSL. THE .BAT FILE DOES NOT REQUIRE NOR REFERENCE THE LINUX VERSION OF THE CHEAT INJECTOR. If it did, I would have a lot easier time writing the .bat version.

Most likely, what happened to you is, you ran it, assumed it was done and started the game. It didn't start applied so you did something else and restarted the game again. You need to wait until the script is finished before starting the game.
I see. I tried several times to run the file normally but it didn't do anything. Only when I tried to do as I said, that the cmd file to apply the patch actually worked.

Trying this again right now, I still can't open the .bat file at all, most likely due to some Windows 11 bullsh1t. But it seems that I can pick any file and "open with" the .bat file to make it finally open the patch-applying procedure. I dunno why.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I see. I tried several times to run the file normally but it didn't do anything. Only when I tried to do as I said, that the cmd file to apply the patch actually worked.

Trying this again right now, I still can't open the .bat file at all, most likely due to some Windows 11 bullsh1t. But it seems that I can pick any file and "open with" the .bat file to make it finally open the patch-applying procedure. I dunno why.
Yeah, .bat files, are under specific scrutinized by windows despite being, you know, only run-able in windows. But searching online, you might have to set permissions or change the registry to get it to run. I haven't used Win11 yet so I can't help you there.
If the proper executable is linked to.bat files, it should at least briefly open up a command prompt window. It doesn't, most likely some other executable is trying to run the .bat and failing to run it in the background and, hence, dying without a message. The .bat file in the windows side should start and wait for user input before applying the patch. If nothing happens, something is definitely configured differently.