• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Onhold The Spice Pirate [Prologue: Remastered] [Tak Mycket]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
06/05/2024 - Break Dev-Log #3
So the first playtesting build is out, and I want to say a massive thank you to those who have played it and given me feedback. If you want to join the playtesting team, or you're on the playtesting team and you haven't had the chance to play it yet, then it's not too late to give feedback (and join the playtesting team if you haven't already).

Armed with this new feedback, I've improved the UI (see below). Also made quite a few quality of life improvements and a few bug fixes as well.

In regards to the story, I received rather positive feedback on the overall story. However, the whole intro plot can be improved. I don't think it's bad or anything, it's just not great, meaning I want to improve it. There are really 3 ways I can do this:
Expand the intro (which is currently ~5 minutes long) to add more depth to it
Simplify the intro to focus on one thing, as at the moment, the players are introduced to 3 different major plot points in rapid succession
Or do a mix of both

I'm still thinking my way through this, and haven't yet made my decision on which direction I should take. I don't want to make any rash decisions so I'm going to do some more thinking and carefully weigh the pros and cons of each approach.

Anyway - that's a wrap up and I'll keep everyone updated.
New Main Menu:

1715025486651.png

New Game Menu:

1715025520120.png

Reactions: | Vee |

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
12/05/2024 - Break Dev-Log #4
Firstly, happy mother's day to all the amazing mothers out there.

Secondly - for the past week I have been working on improving the version I released to playtesters just under a week ago, and I am finally ready to move on.
I've been doing a bunch of re-writing and playtesting myself. The UI now looks cleaner as well and the dialogue flows much better. I have also lowered the stakes of a few of the early choices and expanded a few scenes.

I am now going to start on developing the next part of the story...

Reactions: Estius
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes