Others [Translation Request] Daiteikoku - Alicesoft

miwere

Jan 7, 2021
the menu/interface remains in japanese anyone know how to get it translated? applying the 35% patch does not translate the menu's for me

Karatus

Apr 27, 2017
the menu/interface remains in japanese anyone know how to get it translated? applying the 35% patch does not translate the menu's for me
Have you tried changing system locale to japanese before applying the patch? This should fix

Reactions: miwere

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
Any update on the translation? Has the pronoun issue been cleaned up? Or the thought text?
Can't fix something like that with a machine translation unfortunately, one would have to do it by hand. Hopefully some brave soul picks this up in the future.

Taboofan

Jan 31, 2019
So, does the english patch work if you don't use the Japanese locale to install the original? I tried to use the locale emulator, but for some reason it doesn't want to work with the install programs for this game. I choose it, run from admin, and see the typical 'do you want this program to...' popup, then nothing. No choice to install. But If I just run the installer without the emulator, I get the option to install, but obviously with all the typical squiggly lines and weird symbols.

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
So, does the english patch work if you don't use the Japanese locale to install the original? I tried to use the locale emulator, but for some reason it doesn't want to work with the install programs for this game. I choose it, run from admin, and see the typical 'do you want this program to...' popup, then nothing. No choice to install. But If I just run the installer without the emulator, I get the option to install, but obviously with all the typical squiggly lines and weird symbols.
What's the problem with using JP locale? it doesn't change anything important on your operating system. Either way you can just switch back after playing, it takes less than a minute.

Taboofan

Jan 31, 2019
Sorry for the double post. But, I tried to install it via the locale change, but I am still seeing weird marks - mostly ones that look like spades and diamonds. Then the install attempt fails.
Screenshot 2024-02-29 174332.png

I also found an older version of the game on an external drive and tried to play it. Ran into other problems.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 174822.png

Screenshot 2024-02-29 174800.png

Screenshot 2024-02-29 174736.png

Sorry to be so bothersome, I just remember this game as being really good, and would love to play a fully translated version, even one that is mostly machine translated.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Netori Popeye

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
You can also try this, it works for some older games:

Right click "My Computer", click "Properties", then on the panel on the left, select "Advanced System Settings."

There should be several tabs at the top, click on "Advanced." In this tab, the top section should say "Performance." Click the button that says "Settings."

There's 3 tabs here: go to the end one that says "Data Execution Prevention."

Near the bottom, click the "Add" button, and add the game executable files to the list

Taboofan

Jan 31, 2019
I tried both, but neither worked. I will come back to this problem tomorrow. All the problems seem to deal with the same issue, a file that is just not being read during the exe. loading process. I looked up Sys43VM and apparently it is a file that all Alicesoft games need to have to run. Even when I try to install from the disc I downloaded from here I run into something to do with that file. I am going to try and run another alicesoft game, see if it works, and then come back.

Taboofan

Jan 31, 2019
WOOOOO - Got it to work. Thanks for your help Netori Popeye, for some reason I had been doing each of the language changes as different stages, but it hadn't worked - I then did it all at once, and went into system locale, unclicked the box for the non-unicode languages thing and it finally worked. UGH. I feel really stupid now. Thank you again!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Netori Popeye

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
It's still on my list, I will eventually come back around to it.
As I have time and motivation, which has been sadly lacking of late. I have a comparatively lighter load this summer, which could address the time part, but no idea when my motivation will surge again.
Well I hope it goes back soon, man, because many of us really want this one! And thanks for not letting us down!

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
It's still on my list, I will eventually come back around to it.
As I have time and motivation, which has been sadly lacking of late. I have a comparatively lighter load this summer, which could address the time part, but no idea when my motivation will surge again.
Wait... wait.... wait.

Are you telling me there's someone on F95 working on translating Daiteikoku for us?!

yayoiimas

Apr 9, 2024
A game crash when I select no name event after i got 8 fish market, did game have a new translate version?