what i need to make 3D game RPG

odino

Aug 14, 2017
hello what i need to makes 3D games is there easy to use software for them?

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Depends on your programming knowledge.

RPGMaker MV is the easiest engine to use if you want a simple RPG game, it's still capable enough with you want a more complex game, but then you'll have to know java language as it is the one RPGMMV uses.

For 3D images you have two options:

Honey Select Studio, it is a poser-like program and if you search google you'll find plenty of mods for it. The downside is that you can't really make a "realistic" character with it. They all end up looking the same.

DAZ3D, it is a rendering program (there's a poser version too, but almost nobody uses it anyway). The program itself is "free" and has some basic resources and models. If you want more flavor, you'll have to buy resources from their store.

Of course, those are the most "mainstream" options.

U

User_51567

Talent and the right mindset...

If you got those 2 then you're 95% done.
But unfortunaly those 2 combined are rare on "New" developers on this site..

If you're already asking on Easy to use software......Well
It's not the software that's "easy" to use or "hard", it's your own knowledge about making games, designing, storywriting, coding, coding and more coding.

There are so many people who play a fun game on this site, and think they can do it to(or better), screw around with the programs to make a (shitty)demo and never be heard of again because they underestimated it...
So again in short.
If you got the right mindset and talent/skill then you are 95% done.

Last edited by a moderator:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Renpy is your other option r.e. a storytelling tool. Many of the popular games you see around here use Renpy, and it's fairly easy to use for basic storytelling, and can also be used for more involved stuff as you learn how to do more complex things in RenPy.

And it's free!

The downside is that it doesn't come with 'pregenerated' backgrounds, so you need find/make those yourself.

Last edited:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Another alternative to Ren'Py is Tyrano Builder. It has a nice GUI and almost everything is done through wizards. You can add custom code too if you want, I just don't remember wich language it uses (python of java).

The only downside is that it is paid (just as RPGM).

odino

Aug 14, 2017
ok thank you all
not gona makes this kind game just some kids game for my bro kids and start learning to makes some game in future i hope
got game GURU but idk if i can make anything with it yet cuz im new to this kind of pc stuff all im done with PC was playing lots of games in past 10 years nothing else hehe