thelasttruepleb

Jul 18, 2021
So I tried this game out weeks ago and after a few days of reading guides and playing the easy mode on single play before I felt like I really understood it, I tried the campaign mode, where I got to the first boss and lost. In hindsight, I realized I probably lost because I avoided the undead chosen, just because I liked the animal girl art better. So I decided to make my own undead girls and match them stylistically to Contemplative Yearning's default girls.

Unfortunately and unsurprising, it seems the AI models have significantly less data to pull from on undead monster anime girls, so I couldn't replicate the style as well as I'd hoped. Had to generate a loooot of images to get what I got (easiest girl pack was 120ish). Ended up having to do loads of manual editing as well, sometimes on every picture in the pack, since the AI couldn't even generate a good starting pic. In the end, I got them to pretty much fit into 2 anime styles that are close enough I'm satisfied with them, and while I wasn't initially planning on it, considering the time I put in I figured I would share. They don't look like Contemplative's, but generally retain similar features, for example hair and eye color.

Anyway sorry for rambling

Couple important things though:
  • Packs have the smug and used but no forsaken, don't see much point in forsaken variant for undead or demons, smug and used is enough imo.
  • The pics for the first two girls (Axiom and Chaos) are way lower quality than the others, so you may not want them. Check before you overwrite.
  • Cheer's pics are of a ghost girl, but she is listed as a reanimated/Frankenstein type, so pics won't match the game flavor text. Axiom demon pics also don't match, I made an oni girl, but game text says sheyd, which Wikipedia says is a Hebrew shapeshifter demon with chicken legs. Others are listed as oni, so you could skip it or use it to replace the oni pics. Every other pack should match the game text. Or at least I intended to match it.
  • There's pics for 21 girls. All have undead packs, then there's 3 devil girls and 1 angel (+forsaken angel). Angel doesn't match and is lower quality so check it first.
  • Tried to keep a balance between cute and creepy, but some girls definitely lean more one way or the other. If you don't like creepy you might want to look through and skip them.
  • I made the struggle pics usually have torn clothes and blood/bruises. If you really don't like blood, don't download or skim through and get the ones without.
  • Don't feel like it needs a disclaimer but used have cum and some also show nipples on lewd/used. If you don't want that close this tab. Or just skip those packs, up to you.

Last edited:

totallyanalt

May 10, 2019
When I'm customizing a chosen's outfit, can I also customize what weapon they use? if so, How?

also, are these preview costs actually accurate? I'm hitting Zenith with Negotiation, and Midnight with Megalomania, but I'd like to actually be able to use these girls without breaking out cheat engine
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, once you have Forsaken, is it possible to Export their customized outfits for later use in other modes, or when making custom chosen?

Last edited:

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Just tested it the link to your save on here works just fine but trying to access the link from the wiki asks for decryption it seems

Edit: Mostly a quick aside but skimming over your guide I just want to say excellent work on it so far! Such a thorough review of the actions while also instilling in new players what their short goals should look like, Keep up the great work! :D
Thanks! I used your day 1-12 as the basis, but aimed to go deeper into explanations and dig down to what a new player sees when opening this game. The first goal is a comprehensive walkthrough from Day 1 to the Final Battle, which I won't be rushing towards but will probably get to before day 50, in such a way that I can show off many of the major features (not Distortions or Forsaken since it's a Scenario).

After that, maybe, I'll try my hand at doing the same thing with a campaign through Loop 5 or so? Not quite so turn-by-turn, just focusing on major goals that can be accomplished each Day. That one would include Distortions, Forsaken training, and so on.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
also, are these preview costs actually accurate? I'm hitting Zenith with Negotiation, and Midnight with Megalomania, but I'd like to actually be able to use these girls without breaking out cheat engine

Also, once you have Forsaken, is it possible to Export their customized outfits for later use in other modes, or when making custom chosen?
Those costs take into account their current Vulnerability Breaks in DIG. If you break Midnight's T1, T2, and T3 DIG her cost will go down significantly and be in the range of 40-60 EE, I think. Since you have to avoid breaking any of Zenith's DIG, that cost will be accurate. The cost depends on the Forsaken's Disgrace stat, which is dependent on their starting DIG score (a value that's hidden from you) plus a modifier for each DIG Break.

That means you can bring this cost down through doing Training that increases Disgrace, or by using a Trainer to train her Disgrace specifically. I suspect with that high of a cost she is probably the Core DIG Chosen for this loop, right? And Midnight is the Significant DIG? Anyway, you should expect that you'll need to weaken her through Disgrace training to make her more easily usable. Personally, I'd keep it quite high (but not that high!) and set her in the Publicist position so that she can give that EXPO damage bonus to Forsaken you can recruit later (through the Parasitism Punisher). I'd aim for a cost somewhere close to 200EE, but that's because I'm confident that I can get that much extra EE during early Loops. At 24 Disgrace she'll cost 190EE I believe. If you like rounder numbers, at 25 Disgrace she'll cost 177 EE, and at 30 Disgrace she'll cost 125 EE exactly.

Here's a snip from Desmos of her EE cost at various levels of Disgrace (the number inside parentheses next to g represents her Disgrace, and the number after y = represents her calculated EE cost):

1716837891866.png

You should round all the y-values up, as I recall, so y=203.06 rounds up to an EE cost of 204.

I don't know offhand the answers to your other questions about customizing outfits, as that's not an area of the game that I heavily involve myself with. Sorry.

Reactions: Kalloi

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Sure, I get the idea of keeping it consistent with whatever explanation works, just wanted to share that it feels a bit bad right now with one status showing them panicked fleeing and another status showing they're still helping their allies escape. Just a flavor thing, mostly.
That's fair. I've penciled in some alternative flavor text for fleeing Angel Chosen to show how they're still affecting the battle despite fleeing from it.
Yeah I think it's fine where they're at. Where I'd be concerned is--can Angels and Devils mix in a loop? I don't think I've seen that offered before but it seems like that'd be a damn-near impossible combination. The Angel would absorb Angst from the Devil, lowering the minimum damage the Devil takes, and raising her own Angst, further raising the damage resistance on the Devil.

Edit: I just got offered one. I don't think it's doable based on how I see it working.
They can, and indeed they'll be guaranteed to do so in the upcoming boss fights. The game forbids a loop from generating three Angels or Devils at once, so their respective boss fights will include a mixture of species. While Splendor is sabotaging you from within, Judgment (the Devil boss) will commandeer a couple of Angels to finish you off. And after Victory has been defeated, Love (the Angel boss) will offer herself to a pair of Devils in exchange for help rescuing her.

Rather than adding special interactions to make the Angel/Devil pairing less punishing, I'll probably just make it cost more difficulty points during loop generation instead. It's definitely harder, but it's not fundamentally impossible. They're still vulnerable to blitz tactics that rely more on bonus EE than on daily EE, and some of the upcoming heavyweight items will work quite well against them too. I think it should be plenty possible to make a plan and prepare for the challenge (though we'll see if I still feel this way after I've done a proper playtest against them).
So I have to admit I think I spoke too soon about Megalomaniac being "easy" to trigger. Considering that for maximum benifit you have to do multiple second in commands and have to leave the previous one( Which could have quite possibly been one of your better forsaken), I would say it is more balanced than I thought. Especially in long term as the loops get harder. Now that I want to get an Angelic forsaken as second in command since I have found the "Main" Undead forsaken I wanna use, I actually have to play carefully in order to trigger megalomaniac on her because of the Hate/Plea/Expo T3 actions of Angels.
Yes, my goal for the last two Distortions was to make it so that they're easier to trigger in any given loop, but harder to make good use of in the campaign as a whole.
Edit: Of course, they won't actually clear their Trauma until the Orgy. I always forget about the Castigation ability. CSdev I should note that there's no Castigation text for the Chosen that were Tempted but unable to do it because of the Devil, unlike the other times that this happens.
Oh, that's actually a bug. I wrote the flavor text, but coded it in such a way that it doesn't properly show up. This will be fixed in the next version.
It's actually in custom not campaign, As for the days i'm already past day 50 in my attempts to make her use it. She also done the other sinful actions after day 50, it's just the exposure one she dosen't do.

I did that too.
Because the Undead version of Striptease has an effect which persists for the rest of the loop, its decision weight depends on "how many days are left in the loop". If you're past the scheduled day of the final battle, this factor goes negative and makes it so that the Chosen will never use the move. I'm going to change this for the next version so that even after the final battle (and when very close to the final battle), the factor always remains at least a little bit positive.
So a really minor thing but it would be nice if you spare a forsaken her loop "partners" gain + Training consent. Seems kinda weird of them fearing treatment of their friends after sparing them.
Currently, they'll never forgive you for what you do to a loved one's Obedience score, regardless of whether you spare them afterwards. It might make sense for the modifier to get a positive bump to show gratitude for sparing the loved one - but at the same time, you don't have as much leverage over them when the loved one is outside your direct control. I'll think about it.
The ability to choose spared Forsaken to add to an orgy when meeting with a Forsaken (spared or otherwise) would be nice. I want to continue breeding my fucked up lineages of Chosen even when all the ones I have currently met don't have any use as active Forsaken.
This was an oversight - it'll be fixed in the next version so that you can add any combination of Forsaken and spared minions.
An idea occurred to me: I remember a while back there being the comment about the lack of ability to have draconic chosen in the game. If the dev ever ends up adding another tier of Chosen to the game, I could see the addition on the Animalistic side of things being Mythical Beasts which could include stuff like dragons, griffins, unicorns, etc. and then as a counterpoint on the undead side of the tree you could have alien/eldritch. Things not of this world in one way or another.
Any extra species added at this point wouldn't have any bosses associated with them. But I must admit that mythical beasts and alien/eldritch Chosen would fit their respective themes quite nicely. They could still show up after Wisdom and Reason are defeated. I'll add it to my 'maybe' list.
noticed a missing word on distract, between "so that" and "be completely visible"
Thanks for the typo catch. This is another one that happened when adding the clothing customization feature.
Something the game doesn't tell you explicitelly (I think) is that the mg will start flying when they break free after a capture that happens after extermination is over. If you capture a girl at 139/140 extermination, then once that capture is over you'll be able to capture her again
Once you have a commander with 2 captures this means you can do 1 at the start on a mg, then capture another mg, then the first mg again before extermination is done, then capture girl 2 and girl 1 again once extermination is almost done
If girls 1 and 2 have say, 10 opening, and extermination is at 139/140 you can capture girl 1, extermination goes to 140/140 but battle doesn't end. 9 turns later you capture girl 2, girl 1 gets free, battle continues because girl 2 is capture, girl 2 now says flight inminent. Then 9 turns later you can capture girl 1 again (should have a massive opening), she'll be "flight inminent" and girl 2 will be flying.
Getting to 3 captures on 1 girl is how you get to a lot of trauma and therefore the breaks
Lining up a 5 or higher turn orgy also gets enough trauma to get all or most t3 breaks on all girls too if you can get it to happen
It does mention the rule at the end of Step 2 of the guide.txt. But given how fundamental it is to making strategies for the game, maybe it should be featured more prominently.
I think it's fine for the items to have different power levels, and I think that Tomorrow's Newspaper is the most complicated item (for players who don't know the game) and for it therefore to have significant upside. If I were trying to design something like it from scratch that's a bit better balanced it would be something like:

Tomorrow's Newspaper: You may spend 3EE to summon a 4-turn 2-Capture Commander with no other special abilities. All Upgrade purchases increasing either maximum Duration or maximum Captures cost 1EE instead of their usual cost.

This item would still be really good for early Loops but would fall off in usefulness once cheap Forsaken are available.

Inferno Pepper: When sending out a Commander, gain x EE, where x is the lower value between the cost of the Commander or double your number of items.

I still wouldn't take it personally but it's at least feasible and opens up different options for Commander-based play.

Unicorn Lard: Whenever a day goes by with no battle taking place, gain Evil Energy equal to the number of items owned, and (if some Chosen haven't appeared yet) guarantee that a new Chosen will arrive the next day. While this item is owned, an option to move to the next day without fighting will always be present. On days with combat where no Defiler action was used, gain an additional 1EE during Downtime.

Now it's free EE to help you get set up at the beginning of Loops, and summon Chosen early during earlier Loops (in later loops they appear so fast that this feature isn't needed). And with these changes all of these are good starting items, as in, they give you a boost in earlier Loops that is gradually succeeded by the tools you develop in later Loops.
The starting items definitely scale differently into the midgame and lategame. Before taking a serious look at rebalancing them, I also want to see how the associated heavyweight items shake out. Even if the heavyweight items are selected separately and have a separate Influence cost, the property of "allows this other item to show up" is still a relevant balancing factor.
I'm working on one that may be helpful. Currently it only goes through Day 4. Be sure to download the included saves.sav file or the instructions won't make sense/won't work correctly.

(updated R53)

By loading the game and using the text file as an old GameFAQs step-by-step walkthrough with explanations for each button press, you should be able to learn something about:
The game interface
Traumas
Circumstances
Angst
Demon attacks
Thrall attacks
Evacuation and Extermination
Downtime and Evil Energy
HATEred
Maybe a little about multipliers?
It's nice to see such a detailed guide! This is making it clear that the time is ripe to fix the in-game commented replay feature. Next month is already earmarked for the sixth Distortion, but we'll see where we can find time for it after that.
When I'm customizing a chosen's outfit, can I also customize what weapon they use? if so, How?

In order to add a custom weapon to an outfit, you need to delete the previous weapon. Then, when adding a new article of clothing, a new toggle will show up that lets you designate that article as the character's weapon.

The list of exported clothing is attached to your .sav file, so it can be carried over between different modes. The export button always shows up after all articles of clothing have been confirmed (so, if you want to export an existing outfit, just enter the customization menu and hit "Next Article" until you reach the end).

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Thanks! I used your day 1-12 as the basis, but aimed to go deeper into explanations and dig down to what a new player sees when opening this game. The first goal is a comprehensive walkthrough from Day 1 to the Final Battle, which I won't be rushing towards but will probably get to before day 50, in such a way that I can show off many of the major features (not Distortions or Forsaken since it's a Scenario).

After that, maybe, I'll try my hand at doing the same thing with a campaign through Loop 5 or so? Not quite so turn-by-turn, just focusing on major goals that can be accomplished each Day. That one would include Distortions, Forsaken training, and so on.
I'm glad to hear that! It really feels great to know the old guide I made some time ago still has some usage even now, I think your way of going about it will get players over that initial hump of understanding how the mechanics play into each other and more importantly grasp why people on here to tend to recommend certain strategies. I hope the guide goes well since I know from experience the tedium of detailing of each individual action even just for a single battle, hopefully the revitalized comment system will be helpful.

Since they're some guides on there already I think I'll upload my forsaken training guide over there as well, its a bit more robust than the guides I made over here but I might look them over in case I missed some parts. The good thing about the wiki I can add some visual examples to help!

totallyanalt

May 10, 2019
In order to add a custom weapon to an outfit, you need to delete the previous weapon. Then, when adding a new article of clothing, a new toggle will show up that lets you designate that article as the character's weapon.

The list of exported clothing is attached to your .sav file, so it can be carried over between different modes. The export button always shows up after all articles of clothing have been confirmed (so, if you want to export an existing outfit, just enter the customization menu and hit "Next Article" until you reach the end).
Ah, I was just hitting back a bunch to exit out of outfit editing. Thanks

Additionally I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be an indicator for how many captures a commander has left. I feel like that probably ought to be put in parentheses next to the Capture button, the way Retreat shows you how much EE you'll recover

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I was just hitting back a bunch to exit out of outfit editing. Thanks

Additionally I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be an indicator for how many captures a commander has left. I feel like that probably ought to be put in parentheses next to the Capture button, the way Retreat shows you how much EE you'll recover
There's a tooltip if you hover over it, as I recall.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
They can, and indeed they'll be guaranteed to do so in the upcoming boss fights. The game forbids a loop from generating three Angels or Devils at once, so their respective boss fights will include a mixture of species. While Splendor is sabotaging you from within, Judgment (the Devil boss) will commandeer a couple of Angels to finish you off. And after Victory has been defeated, Love (the Angel boss) will offer herself to a pair of Devils in exchange for help rescuing her.

Rather than adding special interactions to make the Angel/Devil pairing less punishing, I'll probably just make it cost more difficulty points during loop generation instead. It's definitely harder, but it's not fundamentally impossible. They're still vulnerable to blitz tactics that rely more on bonus EE than on daily EE, and some of the upcoming heavyweight items will work quite well against them too. I think it should be plenty possible to make a plan and prepare for the challenge (though we'll see if I still feel this way after I've done a proper playtest against them).
I didn't try one this last time through even seeing them together in the offer pool. I'm pretty sure that I have enough trouble beating Loops with 2 Angels or 2 Devils in 20 days that beating any kind of combination with both wouldn't be something I could really accomplish, and I'm pretty optimized. Maybe I'm overestimating the difficulty because I haven't tried it? Not going to try it until the next release.

Oh, that's actually a bug. I wrote the flavor text, but coded it in such a way that it doesn't properly show up. This will be fixed in the next version.
Yep, I missed that that was what was happening at first and wondered why I was suddenly getting basically no EE.

This was an oversight - it'll be fixed in the next version so that you can add any combination of Forsaken and spared minions.
Neat!

The starting items definitely scale differently into the midgame and lategame. Before taking a serious look at rebalancing them, I also want to see how the associated heavyweight items shake out. Even if the heavyweight items are selected separately and have a separate Influence cost, the property of "allows this other item to show up" is still a relevant balancing factor.
Sure! I'm looking forward to seeing what's next in probably the next few days (assuming you are keeping up with your monthly release schedule). I'm not of the opinion that they should be balanced, but I would prefer if there were reasons to take or not take each one of them, both at the beginning of the campaign and later when these Items start getting reoffered.

It's nice to see such a detailed guide! This is making it clear that the time is ripe to fix the in-game commented replay feature. Next month is already earmarked for the sixth Distortion, but we'll see where we can find time for it after that.
No rush! When you do start to think of it, I'd like it if it had the following (not sure if any of these were in the last version, and some definitely were not):
  • Basic text formatting that the game already includes, such as underlined text and colored text being accessible through some kind of tags (can use sRGB to define, but probably also easy to include some basic definitions like blue, red, purple, etc.)
  • Line breaks as a documented feature to help line up text with game elements
  • A switch lbl (line by line) that allows text to be added to the end of each line of game output. This is important for drawing attention to specific interface elements. Can be tied to a button
  • A switch blbl (beginning line by line) that instead adds text to the front of each line of game output. Can be tied to a button
Those are enough to recreate something like the Guide in game, but there could be ways to make it better:
  • Highlighted buttons for next Action using a completely separate color (Blue or Orange)?
  • A Y/N prompt for users that click the wrong button while going along with a recording?
  • A switch relabel that recorders can use to rename buttons for this particular command?
  • A switch VMVT (violence, moderate violence, tickle only) that allows guide/recording output to be changed based on the user's Violence setting?
  • Highlighted text accessible through tags?
  • Italicized text accessible through tags?
  • A sanity test in recordings that compares recorded game state to current game state and throws some kind of message at a user before going into normal mode if they don't match? This will make it easier to locate things that changed because of new features.
  • A quick playback option that runs through an entire recording to do the sanity test mentioned in the last bullet point automatically so recorders can see if something needs to be changed or updated?
  • The ability to change single recorded commands or text to fix problems brought up by the last two without throwing out the record after that point and starting from scratch? Like an edit button but for your replay? And/Or an "accept new game state button" that can be used to try to continue the replay from that point?
Anything else that someone can think of?

I'm glad to hear that! It really feels great to know the old guide I made some time ago still has some usage even now, I think your way of going about it will get players over that initial hump of understanding how the mechanics play into each other and more importantly grasp why people on here to tend to recommend certain strategies. I hope the guide goes well since I know from experience the tedium of detailing of each individual action even just for a single battle, hopefully the revitalized comment system will be helpful.

Since they're some guides on there already I think I'll upload my forsaken training guide over there as well, its a bit more robust than the guides I made over here but I might look them over in case I missed some parts. The good thing about the wiki I can add some visual examples to help!
Yep, that's great! I make use of images heavily during the first part of the guide, but I switch away as I feel I've taught them sufficiently how to navigate and where to look for important information. It's far superior to a text-only version because you can show where the buttons and information are.

It is tedious, but it's work I'm used to doing in my real job. How many times do you need to explain something before someone actually understands it? 1 for attentive geniuses, 2 for people highly motivated to learn what you're talking about, 3-5 for people who kind of care about it a little bit, and more than 10 for people who don't care at all. I'm sticking with the 3-5 range and noting when I'm not explaining some things any more. If anyone wants to read essentially the same explanations 12 times I'm sorry but you should probably learn another game. Some of them even have naughty pictures and are just pres butan get boobies with very little reading involved at all!

Looking forward to your thoughts on Forsaken. I think it was you that made something like the analogy "Your Commander is like a Swiss Army knife, while your Forsaken are like specific purpose-built tools that do one or two things very well." That statement made Forsaken make sense to me whereas before I was just overwhelmed by the available options and possibilities (and now I'm probably the leading person on here for posting Forsaken advice).

Last edited:

druski789

Jun 13, 2023
If i copy my saves.sav file from my old version to the new version, is that the way to copy and paste saves from an old version to a new one or would that break the newer version of the game?

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
If i copy my saves.sav file from my old version to the new version, is that the way to copy and paste saves from an old version to a new one or would that break the newer version of the game?
That usually works fine, especially if you're going from one release to the very next one.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Release 54 is out.

Direct link:

Other versions/nopics/mirrors available at the game's

New items are on the .

thecrassdragon

Nov 30, 2018
CSdev I haven't played in a while and am looking forward to seeing what's new, but had a question or possible suggestion about using forsaken. I'm sure I'm not the only player who sometimes gets attached to particular characters or teams, is or will it ever be possible to upgrade or transform our favorite Forsaken's type to keep them relevant later in the campaign? I'd love to see a way to do this, either through rare items, or some sort of ritual or unlock by sacrificing chosen/forsaken of the target species to empower your favorites.

I could also be getting ahead of myself and something like this is already implemented, like I said I haven't played in a while but it's something I've been thinking about for a while.

blargenbomb

Nov 9, 2018
Forsaken preview seems to not be working for me on the new version. Everything else seems good at my first playthrough though. Thankfully the preview isn't needed as you can just use the reference sheet in the forsaken reference.txt

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes