Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Yup you were 100% right decreased batch size and the number of fixes each pass doubled. Now there's only like 50 lines or so that I have to do by hand because it just can't grab those for some reason. So thanks you just decreased my workload from a few hours to a little under half an hour.
Yeah 3.5 struggles hard with the batch format. I don't have a good solution for it currently and don't want to change it because this format lends to better quality in general.

One day I may go back and see if I can improve the output, maybe make use of the functions feature like many have advised me to do.

Jul 27, 2019
Yeah 3.5 struggles hard with the batch format. I don't have a good solution for it currently and don't want to change it because this format lends to better quality in general.

One day I may go back and see if I can improve the output, maybe make use of the functions feature like many have advised me to do.
Wouldn't even worry about it, with GPT-4o being so much cheaper than gpt-4 you're probably just better off getting that working. 3.5 is cheap enough to where you don't have to worry much about doing multiple passes.
Granted GPT-4o might already be working and I'm just being stupid. I haven't even tried it since I was afraid of bricking shit since it's not in .env file comments.

Edit:
I know comments don't affect anything in the actual code, I just took the ones listed as the ones that were compatible though.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Wouldn't even worry about it, with GPT-4o being so much cheaper than gpt-4 you're probably just better off getting that working. 3.5 is cheap enough to where you don't have to worry much about doing multiple passes.
Granted GPT-4o might already be working and I'm just being stupid. I haven't even tried it since I was afraid of bricking shit since it's not in .env file comments.

Edit:
I know comments don't affect anything in the actual code, I just took the ones listed as the ones that were compatible though.
4o is indeed working. Its basically just a cheaper faster version of 4. I'm using it currently actually.

Viir

May 21, 2018
Hello I'm someone who tried to get into translating back at the start of 2023 but found myself heavily discourage after losing 2 projects that i had spent weeks working on. Back in those days, I wasn't sure about what tools I should use (It was between your tool Dazedmtl and Translator++) and now I find myself coming back to start translating again.

Therefore I was hoping to ask some questions.
1. Is this tool only limited to RPGM games or can it also work on WolfRPG,Unity,Unreal engine, etc.
2. If I use your tool to translated games. What tool would you suggest using in regard to prove reading, word warping and text correction.
3. I know that there is cost involved to use this tool but i find myself worried about making any mistakes in the process.
4. In regards to the tokens used is the cost associated with the number of characters or with the number of words.
5. In your personnel opinion would it be a good idea to properly learn about the Japanese language.

If you have a moment to spare to answer these question it would be greatly appreciated.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Hello I'm someone who tried to get into translating back at the start of 2023 but found myself heavily discourage after losing 2 projects that i had spent weeks working on. Back in those days, I wasn't sure about what tools I should use (It was between your tool Dazedmtl and Translator++) and now I find myself coming back to start translating again.

Therefore I was hoping to ask some questions.
1. Is this tool only limited to RPGM games or can it also work on WolfRPG,Unity,Unreal engine, etc.
2. If I use your tool to translated games. What tool would you suggest using in regard to prove reading, word warping and text correction.
3. I know that there is cost involved to use this tool but i find myself worried about making any mistakes in the process.
4. In regards to the tokens used is the cost associated with the number of characters or with the number of words.
5. In your personnel opinion would it be a good idea to properly learn about the Japanese language.

If you have a moment to spare to answer these question it would be greatly appreciated.
1. It can do RPGM, Tyrano, Wolf (With the right tools), and a few other VN engines. It cannot do Unity and Unreal. Regardless of the engine, you will need some programming experience when running into roadblocks. My tool is not friendly to people who aren't at least familiar with some Python. It also has a big focus on automated quality MTL's, not so much on editing. Really with the regex module, the engine doesn't matter. What does matter is whether you can directly edit the text through a file.

2. My tool will handle wordwrapping in most cases. If you want to proofread and edit text, I recommend you learn how to edit files directly to do this as it will net the best results. At the very least, VSCode is your best bet and what I personally use to edit and proofread.

3. Since a GPT API token is required yes it will cost money to use their API. On the otherhand, you won't get much better quality wise for an MTL. I have a built in estimator to give you a worst case scenario idea of how much it would cost. If you are worried about mistakes, you can do one file at a time and test to see if everything is correct. This will be more time consuming however.

4. It is the number of tokens according to openai. I recommend you use this to get an idea.

5. I think at the very least knowing hiragana and katakana goes a long way. Really the more japanese you know the better you can correct any errors GPT throws at you.

Reactions: Viir

Viir

May 21, 2018
1. It can do RPGM, Tyrano, Wolf (With the right tools), and a few other VN engines. It cannot do Unity and Unreal. Regardless of the engine, you will need some programming experience when running into roadblocks. My tool is not friendly to people who aren't at least familiar with some Python. It also has a big focus on automated quality MTL's, not so much on editing. Really with the regex module, the engine doesn't matter. What does matter is whether you can directly edit the text through a file.

2. My tool will handle wordwrapping in most cases. If you want to proofread and edit text, I recommend you learn how to edit files directly to do this as it will net the best results. At the very least, VSCode is your best bet and what I personally use to edit and proofread.

3. Since a GPT API token is required yes it will cost money to use their API. On the otherhand, you won't get much better quality wise for an MTL. I have a built in estimator to give you a worst case scenario idea of how much it would cost. If you are worried about mistakes, you can do one file at a time and test to see if everything is correct. This will be more time consuming however.

4. It is the number of tokens according to openai. I recommend you use this to get an idea.

5. I think at the very least knowing hiragana and katakana goes a long way. Really the more japanese you know the better you can correct any errors GPT throws at you.
Thank you so much for the reply you've given me lots to think about and consider going forward.
Also on a more personal note, thank you for the tool and all the translations that you have released!

• Red Heart
Reactions: dazedanon