Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
No! It's true! What!? Why, Inusuku!? :eek:
Just as the author intended :sneaky:

While I'm posting, might as well drop that the next update for my TL revisions is up now . Did effectively a second pass of the main route (cooking route) through the Monkey Army Returns event, so hopefully that stuff is getting fairly polished. Lots of assorted TL and consistency fixes on top of line formatting to get things looking nicer, would recommend updating to anyone who has been trying out my version.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021
Removing content from the author sounds reasonable? wtf
Not removing that content and not putting a label on it will probably yield discussions of Shadeishere complaining about stuff, westernizing agendas or whatever.

Once that thought's out, short of showing the untranslated script, he'll probably have to deal with a lot of complainers.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I genuinely thought she was selling flowers cuz she looks she was holding one, and wondered why sis was mad at me ;-;
Translating that event without context wasn't obvious, had to run into it in-game and see the Vigor counter go down to actually understand what it was supposed to be and adjust the lines accordingly (the delivery is very dead-pan as written in the Japanese). The version you can randomly hit in the afternoon is (mostly) the same, though your Imouto isn't around to get upset.

Last edited:

orapnam69

Aug 17, 2020
Translating that event without context wasn't obvious, had to run into it in-game and see the Vigor counter go down to actually understand what it was supposed to be and adjust the lines accordingly (the delivery is very dead-pan as written in the Japanese). The version you can randomly hit in the afternoon is (mostly) the same, though your Imouto isn't around to get upset.
Yes, I was so confused that I didn't get a flower and sis didn't like it; didn't notice the vigor going down. Thinking back, It should be obvious.

Accidentally buying hoe in front of your sister is crazy.

MeEHSUCK

Dec 13, 2021
Do you guys know another simulation game loli where it is a question game where you question the loli and tricked her into filming a sex scene? there's also other places like beach and then hotel after you've unlocked certain conversations

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I genuinely thought she was selling flowers cuz she looks she was holding one, and wondered why sis was mad at me ;-;
Japanese prostitution. "Mister, would you like to buy this flower?", they do this so that if a person of the law turns up, well, they are just selling flowers... nothing illegal there.
now apply that particular bit of knowledge to some japanese RPGs, you'll be surprised (I'm looking at you Aerith Gainsborough) at the possible implications in a few games.

I could rewrite it, but it was one of those things that I didn't even think about, because I knew exactly what the implied context was.

Despite what some people would have you believe, I didn't decide to be the puritan police when I was translating the game, just took some things and changed them to either A) make more sense for westerners, or B) had a bad area in the translation where I decided to rewrite it.
And as for the SJ bit that got brought up recently, my first thought when I read it was "what?" because it really came out of the left field in a supposed fantasy world, so I decided to do away with it and put in a reference in it's place, although I will admit the whole "could this cause issues?" was also a factor... which it did in the end, damned if I did, damned if I didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4.70 star(s) 76 Votes