• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Southern Nights [Development Thread]

Are you going to play the game in the FEMALE MC route?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
Had 2 PCs running today to get stuff done and unfortunately I wanted to do something special for the female MC side so it's taking longer. I had my main rig tied up with redoing the lake intro pee scene so it's animated now like it should be and a little naughtier. Hopefully all the bugs I and someone else have caught will have you a playable game soon. One of the minigames had some issues and we found some labels that were incorrect.

Unzipped, it's around 6.5 GBs. I'll try to get it zipped once these renders are done and the story is wrapped up either tonight or early tomorrow. Not sure exactly when I will be able to upload but it may be in the next couple days. Sorry again for the delay.

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
Southern Nights 0.8 BETA release will be available TONIGHT.

Follow up post incoming (large post about the game) and request is being worked on right now for compressing the game. Going to compress it and hopefully have it uploaded shortly. I have one scene to wrap up and that's it folks.

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020

SOUTHERN NIGHTS 0.8 BETA IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON THIS THREAD'S ORIGINAL POST

HERE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR: GLHF :)

:heart: you guys.

Enjoy as always,

WN
lake-s-vibe-mc21.png

Known issues with this release:
- With rushing there's always issues - a scene will start for the game's end and there is a bug, a few lines in where the 'guide' talks. It's inconsequential just hit ignore. Fixed.
- Changing the aunt's name will only partially work - should be fixed now
- Lake intro has an issue with a conditional - fixed - hit ignore it was just a dialogue change

Last edited:

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Since it's in a dev thread does that matter?
It does with a huge margin, just request a thread and when your game have a thread of its own, you will know the difference between here and there.

Edit: Of course add all your support links (patreon subscribestar itch) so that people that really like your game can support you if they have the means to do that.

Reactions: Woodland Nomad

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
It does with a huge margin, just request a thread and when your game have a thread of its own, you will know the difference between here and there.

Edit: Of course add all your support links (patreon subscribestar itch) so that people that really like your game can support you if they have the means to do that.
Thank you. I will take a look at doing it when I have some feedback about the game.

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
I'm guessing no one has made it through the game yet. I know one person has at least downloaded the game and played the mini games.

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
I don't feel comfortable moving this game to any other section if I don't have feedback on it or bugs to fix. I've already found a few bugs and need to rerelease this to another version but again there is no feedback on the gameplay, scenes, minigames, etc. I don't have anything to work on at the moment other than a scene for the aunt to come in to the downstairs bathroom while the MC is using it and some other stuff I'm taking my time with.

I also wanted to mention after reviewing the different versions, I'm not sure how the game ended up with a 1/6th reduction of data. I'm not a compressor but I did do a version on my own with the same software. Most PNGs in the game were 3MBs a piece and in the compressed versions they are all the way down to 500KBs - 1MB~. I see a difference in the images - mine and the other compressed version.

It's been months where I did not have anything to do so not sure what to do right now lol. I want to work on this scene because I'm bored but not sure if it's even worth it.

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
I don't feel comfortable moving this game to any other section if I don't have feedback on it or bugs to fix. I've already found a few bugs and need to rerelease this to another version but again there is no feedback on the gameplay, scenes, minigames, etc. I don't have anything to work on at the moment other than a scene for the aunt to come in to the downstairs bathroom while the MC is using it and some other stuff I'm taking my time with.

I also wanted to mention after reviewing the different versions, I'm not sure how the game ended up with a 1/6th reduction of data. I'm not a compressor but I did do a version on my own with the same software. Most PNGs in the game were 3MBs a piece and in the compressed versions they are all the way down to 500KBs - 1MB~. I see a difference in the images - mine and the other compressed version.

It's been months where I did not have anything to do so not sure what to do right now lol. I want to work on this scene because I'm bored but not sure if it's even worth it.
You wouldn't get any feedback here most probably. Having a game thread for your game is the right way to get feedback, I could have requested it to have a game thread myself but if you do it yourself you will get its ownership or at least I think so.

Hardly anyone visits this section of this site so of course there's no feedback also there's the problem of mirror downloads, that's my problem I don't have a mega premium so I can't even download your game easily, I will have to use VPNs and what not and even then it can fail halfway which is something I don't want and there are many users like me here that don't like mega downloads so they wouldn't even download your game like me.

Reactions: Woodland Nomad

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
You wouldn't get any feedback here most probably. Having a game thread for your game is the right way to get feedback, I could have requested it to have a game thread myself but if you do it yourself you will get its ownership or at least I think so.

Hardly anyone visits this section of this site so of course there's no feedback also there's the problem of mirror downloads, that's my problem I don't have a mega premium so I can't even download your game easily, I will have to use VPNs and what not and even then it can fail halfway which is something I don't want and there are many users like me here that don't like mega downloads so they wouldn't even download your game like me.
That's ok I appreciate it. I had a few people who were my old beta testers for 0.7 BETA and was hoping they had a chance to play it but I may just say screw it and move it to a game section anyway. I'll work on a new release that will replace the one in there with the bug fixes I know and try to get it on the game release page I guess. I was just hoping to catch more bugs before it moved to game release section. I'd hate for someone to start the game and have issues then just say it sucked because they had problems (from a wider audience on a game thread). Then again, it'd be quicker to know.

Wasn't aware of the mega issue. I will work on getting it uploaded elsewhere.

**Going to work on a rerelease real quick with a few bug fixes and open up a few more download sites.

Reactions: Mr. Chatty

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
The game is too weird for me, the blonde girl is cute but everything else is very peculiar, to put in mildly

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
The game is too weird for me, the blonde girl is cute but everything else is very peculiar, to put in mildly
well I guess you've played it all the way through to the end? I'm curious to know why it's too weird for you. Too much urination content, etc.?

Woodland Nomad

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-southern-nights-0-81_beta-woodland-nomad.208419/

game request has been created and hopefully moved to the actual game threads section soon. I have to send a request for it to be updated once I get the other download links done (probably tonight, they're still updating).

On the other hand, I was given my Game Developer tag so that's awesome.

EDIT: DONE - there is a link for mixdrop and pixel drain for the FULL version.

Last edited: