DragonBoi_GX

Oct 22, 2018
Does anyone have a link to the discord? The last one here expired some time ago.

I know that Meandraco is probably never going to read this and I am probably going to be silenced to shit, but, whatever. Does anybody know some of the sources that he used for reference for some of his work? I was looking through some of his old stream art and some of it reminded me of Eternal Darkness among other things.

• Sad
Reactions: lnppo

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Does anyone have a link to the discord? The last one here expired some time ago.

I know that Meandraco is probably never going to read this and I am probably going to be silenced to shit, but, whatever. Does anybody know some of the sources that he used for reference for some of his work? I was looking through some of his old stream art and some of it reminded me of Eternal Darkness among other things.
Bro, why the preemptive self-defeating attitude? Just @ the dude and wait.

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo

Ano85

May 21, 2018

I made one.

To answer the question: he generally (I don't mean never) doesn't use references. If you check the way he does art, he starts doodling things until they take shape.
For the game's design I think he saw Corruption of Champions and went "I can do better" and started this project. I think the OG Fallout games were an inspiration among other things, for the V3 update I think Disco Elysium was the one that had the biggest impact on him.

You should ask him on discord yourself, he'll answer if he has the time. You can ping him too.

Last edited:

ta576901

Aug 25, 2021
Since despair is seemingly setting in: I'm still working on it.

View attachment 3653182
This is a badly cropped pic of male of caenemung's kind in an underwater environment. It's all messy and smudgy because it's not done.

I don't know what to tell ya people, it really do take a lot of work to make the game. I'm probably incompetent and inefficient on a lot of areas of the development but I'm still working on it. I wish other people made games like mine.

I genuinely planned on making a blogpost about the current state of dev on april again, but I wanted to include a huge pile character head shots to illustrate the breadth of the content and I didn't yet have many sprites entirely done, so I stumbled and fumbled past the date because I needed to do other things and my personal life got busy, etc. Currently I'm working on the new character sprites so I can do a lavish blog post and get some art done.

Here's another one, (PC sketch for size, also note the new background for tavern interactions.)
View attachment 3653190

Here's a third, again, note the smudgy unfinished nature of the sprite.
View attachment 3653219

Have even a fourth one, in this one the PC has crammed himself into a tiny round clay house with a tiny lady, the hole in the ceiling being the door the lady specifically enlarged to get PC inside her dwelling.
View attachment 3653245
Note it entirely lacks detail, because it's not finished.

Let's have a fifth one to give more context.
View attachment 3653251

Anyway, the Unity port of the game is code wise done (for multiple months now) and I'm writing and drawing up the loose ends for the content. I've been working on TU this entire time but making predictions or marketing is a thing I don't really jive with. I'm glad people are so passionate about the game to be honest.
we are so back, baby, holy shit. TURGE IS BACK BABEEEEEE WHOOOOOOO.

alright, you make a fair point. thanks for that. i'm good to wait another couple years before my next depressive episode.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes