Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Correct me if i'm wrong, and i do apologize for sounding like a broken record here... but wouldn't that be exactly what the psychologist would be for?

We picked Former Man, so if we want Sammy to keep complaining about it 5 years into the game why would we need to be kept from doing so? Logically Former Man would be a trait that can only be removed, not added, for obvious reasons, but in game terms it wouldn't be any different from picking Bambi, Nerd or Gym Bunny as a conscious player choice. The main difference would be that traits like Gym Bunny could be re-earned or added through the psychologist feature because it's not limited to her past, unlike Former Man would be.
A few reasons. Main one being the game is about Sammy and things she is currently doing or will do. Not what happened in the past. Also because the alternative to being a woman was death, so I wanted to have a positive note to it all and not all the angst and complaining. If she would have preferred death, then there is a big lake for her to walk into. And finally because I don't want to be writing late game content with all this still in mind and instead want to focus on things that have happened during the course of the game.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
A few reasons. Main one being the game is about Sammy and things she is currently doing or will do. Not what happened in the past. Also because the alternative to being a woman was death, so I wanted to have a positive note to it all and not all the angst and complaining. If she would have preferred death, then there is a big lake for her to walk into. And finally because I don't want to be writing late game content with all this still in mind and instead want to focus on things that have happened during the course of the game.
Thanks.

I suppose it's a difference in POV then. To me, Former Man isn't that much about angst and complaining, but more about making the best of the hand Sammy has been dealt. Coming to terms with others seeing her as a woman is part of that, i agree 100%, i just find the internal dichotomy of the first couple of weeks interesting enough to want to extend that even if that means Sammy will be more reluctant to selling herself, and reacting negatively to getting involved in non-lesbian scenes.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Thanks.

I suppose it's a difference in POV then. To me, Former Man isn't that much about angst and complaining, but more about making the best of the hand Sammy has been dealt. Coming to terms with others seeing her as a woman is part of that, i agree 100%, i just find the internal dichotomy of the first couple of weeks interesting enough to want to extend that even if that means Sammy will be more reluctant to selling herself, and reacting negatively to getting involved in non-lesbian scenes.
I'm not saying it wont be expanded. It is obviously popular and how people like to play, so expanded is planned. I will probably do a bit of work on how acceptance works as well since right now the way it functions is little different from a timer. 2 weeks seems to be too short for it to really matter.

freeuse.png

And since we are on a new page, I will add this again.

I will be recording a Q&A to coincide with the streetwalker update. So if you have an questions about the Fixer, it's development or whatever else, feel free to ask. You can ask here, DM me or on .

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
I'm not saying it wont be expanded. It is obviously popular and how people like to play, so expanded is planned. I will probably do a bit of work on how acceptance works as well since right now the way it functions is little different from a timer. 2 weeks seems to be too short for it to really matter.

View attachment 3735495

And since we are on a new page, I will add this again.

I will be recording a Q&A to coincide with the streetwalker update. So if you have an questions about the Fixer, it's development or whatever else, feel free to ask. You can ask here, DM me or on .
Darn, I thought it says "FREE HUGS" T_T

huyt504

Feb 16, 2022
what the hell is this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'school_photo_intro_stage_0'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/locations/school/school_events/school_photo/school_photo_intro.rpyc", line 7, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'school_photo_intro_stage_0'.

Windows-10-10.0.17763 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
The Fixer 0.3.2.39
Fri Jun 14 22:10:19 2024

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
What is the game plan after the Streetwalker Update?

I can see story beats continuing to take the back-burner, that's fine. I'd like to see more balancing, bugfixing, and more work done on the currently existing game mechanics, and some more UI improvements - rather than even more new and incomplete stuff getting added in. The game is in a perfectly playable state, but I think feedback could be improved if the game was even closer to what we should be able to expect in a final product. Examples in the spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: wastedbrainpower

wastedbrainpower

Jun 27, 2021
Former man perk is a bit of an outlier because it very much focuses on who Sammy was and not who she is, so with that one I want it to eventually go away so Sammy can become who she currently is. Living 5 years in the game and still complaining about how you used to be a man doesn't feel right with the story, but still being a bambi makes sense.
It's clear to me now that people have been roleplaying former man in a lot more ways than I'd realised.

Although I previously said I want the trait to persist in some form, I'd never really meant having them display any particular "masculine" personality traits, let alone a particular sexual orientation due to that start. I wouldn't want anyone to be restricted to only certain content or a particular playstyle by it, since being a particular gender/sex can mean entirely different things or nothing whatsoever to different people.

I do have my own idea for who Sammy was, is, and who I want them to eventually be, and I hope to have freedom to just roleplay that through my choices.

I would certainly soon get sick of lots of "woe is me" and reminiscing about having had a penis 24/7.
That initial awkwardness and the light teasing from the sister you get in this route is great, and I honestly couldn't think where exactly I'd like it to see the trait go from there.

The only thing that really got me about the trait disappearing is kind of down to semantics.

Whereas people can stop being a particular thing (e.g. nerd, jock, whore, man, woman, bird watcher, ect.), you logically can't stop having been a thing, only change your attitude towards that thing and yourself.

It's the trait having the word "Former" right in the title that makes the disappearance of it feel more like a retcon of the character rather than an evolution.
For that reason I think the trait should persist but with an adjusted description, and effect on which dialogue can trigger, that reflects Sammy having completely come to terms with the changes in their life.

Reactions: ChesseKun

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
FWIW I would suggest (maybe at around the same point as when Former Man would usually convert to choosing a normal backstory) that it switches to like a faded version of the perk, rather than outright removed, and have references from then be much more minor/shorter/not special/whatever. I do kinda agree that you're probably never going to get over the "hey, I used to be a man!" thing but yeah, you're also not going to be go "Oh, woe is me, I used to be able to get people pregnant but now I make babies, how could this happen!?" like 5 years in, you'd probably have offed yourself by then if it was that bad. I think it's more about still occasionally acknowledging it, rather than having big old scenes all the time about penis envy.

idk why but ever since i use auto click in 2021 the game have been in a state of lagging and low fps

even if i delete it from renpy and wipe it completely from my computer it still lag when i redownloaded it

now the skip is really jank and the cheat is also really slow register

is there a way to fix or just unlock the fps of renpy
Edit: it take up 700+ mb storage
tbh I've been trying to work out what the actual issue here is and I'm not sure you have the right game? I'm not too sure what autoclicker would be useful for and that game size is multiple times more than I think the game actually is. Maybe double-check you're on a clean install of the game and haven't just been copying over the old install?

Reactions: Axismundi

huyt504

Feb 16, 2022
FWIW I would suggest (maybe at around the same point as when Former Man would usually convert to choosing a normal backstory) that it switches to like a faded version of the perk, rather than outright removed, and have references from then be much more minor/shorter/not special/whatever. I do kinda agree that you're probably never going to get over the "hey, I used to be a man!" thing but yeah, you're also not going to be go "Oh, woe is me, I used to be able to get people pregnant but now I make babies, how could this happen!?" like 5 years in, you'd probably have offed yourself by then if it was that bad. I think it's more about still occasionally acknowledging it, rather than having big old scenes all the time about penis envy.

tbh I've been trying to work out what the actual issue here is and I'm not sure you have the right game? I'm not too sure what autoclicker would be useful for and that game size is multiple times more than I think the game actually is. Maybe double-check you're on a clean install of the game and haven't just been copying over the old install?
ok, now that i have remember more clearly
i did save a Lot in the game,so much so that the game download increase to 1.2 G
But i did delete all of it and it's still lagging

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I think it's more about still occasionally acknowledging it, rather than having big old scenes all the time about penis envy.
100%

Of course, the challenge then becomes writing enough blerbs so that they don't sound repetitive, and also making sure that it's not about penis envy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChesseKun

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Thanks.

I mentioned this before but personally think it could be interesting to have to actually be into it. Being able to not just immediately accept but embrace the fact you turned into a girl. But accepting what you become shouldn't remove what you were.

3.90 star(s) 54 Votes