4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
Heh, fair.

This is an incest game so yes, Patreon finally found it and threw Thor's hammer at it. One of many this year yes as you seem to have noticed. it is still on SubscribeStar. Will be on Steam as Early Access with the next update which we are hoping will be sooner rather than later.
It's in early access on Steam, correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it's planned to stay in early access for 2 years.
Does this mean there will only be 1 update this year and another next year?

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
but it looks like it's planned to stay in early access for 2 years
You ascertain this from where? Not being funny but I'm not on the discord often (despite people thinking I'm some rabid fanboy) and try my best to never use Steam, so be interesting to know wherte this information comes from. Confirmed or rumpour/opinion?

As for updates, you're guess is as good as anyones but I seriously doubt it, Ocean would lose what little goodwill from his fans he has left if he did that (and he doesn't have that much left, expecially from the WIAB fans who are pissed that SG gets all Ocean's attention).

That loss of goodwill would also include myself.

Reactions: Waifuhunter666

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
You ascertain this from where? Not being funny but I'm not on the discord often (despite people thinking I'm some rabid fanboy) and try my best to never use Steam, so be interesting to know wherte this information comes from. Confirmed or rumpour/opinion?

As for updates, you're guess is as good as anyones but I seriously doubt it, Ocean would lose what little goodwill from his fans he has left if he did that (and he doesn't have that much left, expecially from the WIAB fans who are pissed that SG gets all Ocean's attention).

Steam
Screenshot_2024-05-29-12-25-34-989_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community~2.jpg

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

That seems about right though - 2 years, 4 chapters (4 0.5 chapters of the old counting) at ~2300 renders each. That's consistent with the pace Ocean's delivered for SG. 1 Season was supposed to have 10 chapters (5 in the old way of counting, so we're currently at a comparable 6?), so he's need to add 4 updates to steam once it's up. I'd imagine the first upload with with Ch3.5/7 (old vs new way of counting), and then he's estimating on his current speed rather than promising faster than a realistic timeline.

Reactions: Kakasan

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
That seems about right though - 2 years, 4 chapters (4 0.5 chapters of the old counting) at ~2300 renders each. That's consistent with the pace Ocean's delivered for SG. 1 Season was supposed to have 10 chapters (5 in the old way of counting, so we're currently at a comparable 6?), so he's need to add 4 updates to steam once it's up. I'd imagine the first upload with with Ch3.5/7 (old vs new way of counting), and then he's estimating on his current speed rather than promising faster than a realistic timeline.
If it's approximately a 2 a year (every 6 months) that would be fine and expected I agree. If it drags out to 1 a year again...he will never get back the goodwill currently being afforded by the fans.

As I've said a few times here (and there), now, going forward over the next 12 months is how he should and will be judged now he has no excuses anymore.

Reactions: tbz1983 and vireker

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
If it's approximately a 2 a year (every 6 months) that would be fine and expected I agree. If it drags out to 1 a year again...he will never get back the goodwill currently being afforded by the fans.

As I've said a few times here (and there), now, going forward over the next 12 months is how he should and will be judged now he has no excuses anymore.
I think what we're seeing is just being cautious of public statements. It's Ocean, so I don't hold my breath, he loves to over deliver in render count later than hoped. But it is good to see he's aiming for consistency so far.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I promised myself not to talk about wiab until the log or steam realese, but this almost counts as a log, right?

Your math, while reasonable doesn't close... the first three chapters count as three chapters even in the new way of naming them... getting to 10 from here still implies another 7 chapters, and that's not going to happen in just 2 years. Let's take SG as an example... chapter 1-2-3-3.5-4-4.5 and 5 for season one... here comes the catch, do these count as 10? If so you still owe me 3 Ocean!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I promised myself not to talk about wiab until the log or steam realese, but this almost counts as a log, right?

Your math, while reasonable doesn't close... the first three chapters count as three chapters even in the new way of naming them... getting to 10 from here still implies another 7 chapters, and that's not going to happen in just 2 years. Let's take SG as an example... chapter 1-2-3-3.5-4-4.5 and 5 for season one... here comes the catch, do these count as 10? If so you still owe me 3 Ocean!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Internally Ocean's been counting the reworks as the 0.5 in SG. They don't make sense in WiaB in any regard, as it was rebuilt rather than reworked (semantics to show the difference I know). It's really a question of how to define a chapter. 2100+ renders in 6 months breaks down to 350+ a month for each game, so 700+ a month total, keeping both developed at the same pace as before regardless of the nomenclature used to describe them. If he's hoping for 8-10k of renders, he's saying business as original. I personally think the chapters are pretty arbitrary in SG S1 anyway, at least in WiaB they feel slightly clearer. I'm going to think of the as just the WIP updates until WiaB S1 drops, I don't need to keep count in that way.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes