VN - Unity - Completed - 2236 A.D. [Sekai Project & Chloro]

1. 3.00 star(s)

PeteHanson

I have to be upfront here, this one disappointed me in a way I seldom experience with vns. So this might be more me trying to warn folks away from it and keeping them from making the same mistakes I made while going into it.

In a nutshell, this is a classic example for how having too much "fiction" in your "science-fiction" setting and not paying enough attention to the "science" aspect in your main story can end up in a terrible way.
    I would even go as far as to say this just used the setting to build an entire world based off of extrapolated far-fetched sci-fi concepts, which might sound cool at first... until you realize basically everything they made up and pulled out of their asses is integral to the main story itself. The result is these elements undermine the "science" part of the vn in a way, I would even call this a fantasy story with some elements based in science more than anything else.

So if you only looked at the tags on this and disregarded all skepticism about it - stop right there and rethink your approach! This one only works if you are really, really invested in the characters and do not care how many skyscrapers it has to leap over to justify it's logic.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you are fine with these caveats go ahead and give it a go, if not stay away!

Also, the technical state of this english version is pretty damn terrible.
    I'm not sure if that was SP's work or the dev themselves, but you have to click the screen transitions for chapters (and many other scenes) away with the mouse, otherwise the game does not react to it. A pet peeve of mine, because i usually use the second enter key on my keyboard and take turns with the big one. The numpad enter key does do nothing in this one, only the normal one works, same goes for the spacebar. It doesn't end here, however.

There are unskippable videos in this and the default slider which looks like a master volume one in the menu does also control these. So if you like your ears, that is the first one you should turn all the way to the left, but even if you do, it sometimes will still play a video cutscene at full volume. And finally, for some reason, there is a launcher in this version which has keybinding- as well as resolution options. Do not bother with the former, it does nothing and even looks like it wasn't made for this game in the first place.

4,5 / 10.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

FlyingPuppy

If you are looking for a quick fapping material, this game would be the last choice you should try. However, if you are looking for a good adult visual novel, i will strongly recommend this game to you.
    The story is quite intriguing (yet a bit long for some people i think), and its music is surprisingly beautiful and fascinating. I can listen to it all day :)