[S>Artist 2D] 2D artist with an idea for a she-ra game looking for a collaboration

STARCADER

Nov 21, 2019
hello, the title tells you the basic info, but here I´ll add some more about my idea of how I would like to face this project:

I know it´s strange that an artist tries to fing people for a predetermitated project, but I have been thinking about this idea for a while and for me to be involved in the project I work for is important, so I am looking for people who don´t mind working in someone else project, sorry about that.

WRITTING: I am not an english speaker, so I need the help of a second writter to brainstorm and develoup the script with me, I have a idea for the game I want to make, but I would need someone to flesh it out. I wouldn´t charge for my work as the writter, all the cash for the writter role would go for my writting assistant, I just want to create this game.

ART: I would be the one creating the art for the game, and even though I know artists use to take 50% of the total benefits from erogames work, I am willing to work for 30% of the shares, with another 30% for my writting assistant and the next 30% for the coder, I repeat, I don´t want to milk this project, I just aim to vreate something I love.

CODING: the 3th stand would be a programer able to bring the art and writting toguether into a functional game, it´s not my area of expertise so all the coding would need to be done by this one person, I´m offering the 30% of the shares, as I said before.

if you want to see my art, look for STARCADER in deviantart, paheal, hentai foundry, or simply google it, you should be able to find me. I can chat with you via discord but so far I´d rather wait for replies to this thread before I give you my contact info, if someone is interested I will chat with you in discord and let you know more about my ideas for the script.
thank you in advance.

Reactions: F!shE99s

Man don't hop

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
Wow, a She-Ra game would be awesome! Which She-Ra are you going with and what type of game are you looking to make?

Reactions: STARCADER

STARCADER

Nov 21, 2019
hello, guys.
I am talking about the lattest she-ra incarnation, the she-ra from "she-ra and the princesses of power" netflix series. I know she is canonically lesbian, but in my game she would be Bisexual, her male counterpart would be a male, I aim my game for male audiences, I believe she-ra was beautiful and sweet, and I think many guys would like to fantasize about getting in her pants.
the game would be related somehow to what akabur did for his "trainer" series, which actually got me started with western erogames altogether, but my take would be much more gentle, I aim to make it roll as a love story, and it would focus around she-ra, I know it´s more popular to put all the series´s girls in this games, but the main interest would be to court she-ra into getting to love the MC. so you can have a better idea of what I am envisioning, it would be something near "the thousand and one nights". She-ra is in the possition that she has to bear of humouring an old demi-god who could destroy Etheria in exchange for time not doing so. the main idea is he accepts to be her host, and remain peaceful, as long as she abides to stay with him in his castle-spaceship and humour him during the dinner, as each day passes, both of them agree to the dare she has to endure the next day, which has to please him in the manner that each night she has to accept to do something more daring, but here is the twist, she chooses the dare, so she can escalate as slowly as she pleases, as far as he can admit that she is not mocking him and that there is actual advance in her next dare, so you make an idea, they start by simply having dinner in his fortress dinning-room, and he is an old-school gentleman, who will abide of her boundaries as far as she escalates, to give you an example of their interaction he would sometimes mock her letting her know how she could have scalated for the next dare in an even less daring way, to Adora dismay. much is to be discused from here, but the idea is that he is actually not planning to abuse adora as soon as possible, he is actually trying to court, lure her into liking him, he will be respectful and gentle to her at all times, even if he will sometimes be also messing with her to enjoy her tantrums. the idea is that at some point she will find out it was all a facade and he was never planning to destroy Etheria, the whole threat was just a way to buy time to have her around enough time to bond.
for now that is the basic idea, the story behind the MC is something I would like better to discuss once we are on discord, but know that I already have an idea for that, it´s just that it could be tweaked if my co-writter considers it better, or if he comes with some better idea, but so far I have it covered.
more girls could come into the story as the script develoups, but it would be always to the benefit of the main couple becoming closer, I have ideas about the game-play, but before we would go on doing something too complex I would need first to see what my co-writter and me can come up for the script first...

I think this is it for now, let me know if you have any doubts. I am attaching some of my drawings so you have an idea of my level in case you didn´t visit my galleries

Man don't hop

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
hello, guys.
I am talking about the lattest she-ra incarnation, the she-ra from "she-ra and the princesses of power" netflix series. I know she is canonically lesbian, but in my game she would be Bisexual, her male counterpart would be a male, I aim my game for male audiences, I believe she-ra was beautiful and sweet, and I think many guys would like to fantasize about getting in her pants.
the game would be related somehow to what akabur did for his "trainer" series, which actually got me started with western erogames altogether, but my take would be much more gentle, I aim to make it roll as a love story, and it would focus around she-ra, I know it´s more popular to put all the series´s girls in this games, but the main interest would be to court she-ra into getting to love the MC. so you can have a better idea of what I am envisioning, it would be something near "the thousand and one nights". She-ra is in the possition that she has to bear of humouring an old demi-god who could destroy Etheria in exchange for time not doing so. the main idea is he accepts to be her host, and remain peaceful, as long as she abides to stay with him in his castle-spaceship and humour him during the dinner, as each day passes, both of them agree to the dare she has to endure the next day, which has to please him in the manner that each night she has to accept to do something more daring, but here is the twist, she chooses the dare, so she can escalate as slowly as she pleases, as far as he can admit that she is not mocking him and that there is actual advance in her next dare, so you make an idea, they start by simply having dinner in his fortress dinning-room, and he is an old-school gentleman, who will abide of her boundaries as far as she escalates, to give you an example of their interaction he would sometimes mock her letting her know how she could have scalated for the next dare in an even less daring way, to Adora dismay. much is to be discused from here, but the idea is that he is actually not planning to abuse adora as soon as possible, he is actually trying to court, lure her into liking him, he will be respectful and gentle to her at all times, even if he will sometimes be also messing with her to enjoy her tantrums. the idea is that at some point she will find out it was all a facade and he was never planning to destroy Etheria, the whole threat was just a way to buy time to have her around enough time to bond.
for now that is the basic idea, the story behind the MC is something I would like better to discuss once we are on discord, but know that I already have an idea for that, it´s just that it could be tweaked if my co-writter considers it better, or if he comes with some better idea, but so far I have it covered.
more girls could come into the story as the script develoups, but it would be always to the benefit of the main couple becoming closer, I have ideas about the game-play, but before we would go on doing something too complex I would need first to see what my co-writter and me can come up for the script first...

I think this is it for now, let me know if you have any doubts. I am attaching some of my drawings so you have an idea of my level in case you didn´t visit my galleries
Yeah that love the new she-ra, she's super cute and loveable. What I would recommend is not to look at games like princess trainer but something like Together Again by Pink Tea or just make it a normal VN like Light of my Life by Naught road. With the Player being a powerful person the typical resource game that plays a big part in trainer type games can't really happen, but that's just my thought on it. Also I love your art!

STARCADER

Nov 21, 2019
well, point is he cannot use any power at all (script related)... and I need to remark this, the game is inspired in trainer games, but it is more like a dating simulator, there is very low level of cohertion in their interaction... anyways if you don´t see it being a good idea, then so be itmy point is this, if the co-writter can come with any idea that would alow me to keep the idea of their "dare game" scalation system I would be totally ok with it... but I assume that is the point you are making right? that that has to go. well, so far that is what we have. other than cutting the core out of it do you have any other sugestion?. I haven´t played any of those games so I cannot see what you are trying to point out. some brief sypnosis could give me the idea better, than just telling me to scrap the whole idea I have for the game, that doesn´t help much.
thank you about the art.

Man don't hop

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
well, point is he cannot use any power at all (script related)... and I need to remark this, the game is inspired in trainer games, but it is more like a dating simulator, there is very low level of cohertion in their interaction... anyways if you don´t see it being a good idea, then so be itmy point is this, if the co-writter can come with any idea that would alow me to keep the idea of their "dare game" scalation system I would be totally ok with it... but I assume that is the point you are making right? that that has to go. well, so far that is what we have. other than cutting the core out of it do you have any other sugestion? I haven´t played any of those games so I cannot see what you are trying to point out. some brief sypnosis could give me the idea better, than just telling me to scrap the whole idea I have for the game, that doesn´t help much.
thank you about the art.
You have me mistaken, I'm not telling you to scrap the idea or cut anything out. Just my Opinion on would things to think about when it comes to the mechanics of the game and who it would apply to the story, I wish you the best of luck and have nothing against your ideas. Light of my Life and Together again are free games that can be played and experienced at no cost so I thought that giving the names would be enough since you could check them out at any time and see how they tell stories which out be beneficial. Together Again is a game where you have to (train) a girl but she's a willing part of it, It's a BDSM story but in the end it's two consensual parties where one is in a position of power over the other that leads to love. Light of my Life is more of a Visual Novel that has slow burn feel which normally leans itself well to romance stories like the one you're trying to make.
Again, I have no interest in changing your idea at all. Just giving you things to think about, because a writer isn't necessarily a game designer so it's good to take note of these things. Once more, all opinions and I love the idea and can't wait to see where it goes.

STARCADER

Nov 21, 2019
ok, thank you for your suggestion, I´ll have it in mind, I just hope I have the time to play those games as well.
again, if I ever get a cowritter at all, he can tinkle with me the idea around as much as needed so it all feels totally consensual.... but comes a point when I wonder why should that be so necesary at all.... remember it is all fantasy after all, and an erogame I need to add. I am not planning to get a literature nobel prize with it. thank you for the support.

just a wild thought:
imagine that actually there is some other party that actually is the menace to Etheria, and the mc is a neutral party that could help adora train to become unstopable, and she agrees to have those special dinners with the male oc each day he trains her as a warrior?, would that make it totally cnsensual to you, while it is an agreement between two parts that mutually benefit and no one is pushed to do anything if they don´t want to? do you like that idea?
well, this is the thing, this was already discused and proposed to previous teams, and even tho I gave them all what they were demanding, they ended up hijacking the proyect bastardizing it and getting me out of it for later just abandon it, so, you know that was my patment to bend to other people´s ideas, so I´ll stick to mine, because people come my way just to burn me, and trying to please them wont detter them from their initial goal, no matter how hard I try.
if the gane gets done fine, if it doesn´t get done I´ll just stick to my drawings, I just hope someone out there wont be saying I am not trying, this is as much as I can do, given my previous experiences, I am sorry, I trully wish I could tell you a different story

Man don't hop

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
ok, thank you for your suggestion, I´ll have it in mind, I just hope I have the time to play those games as well.
again, if I ever get a cowritter at all, he can tinkle with me the idea around as much as needed so it all feels totally consensual.... but comes a point when I wonder why should that be so necesary at all.... remember it is all fantasy after all, and an erogame I need to add. I am not planning to get a literature nobel prize with it. thank you for the support.

just a wild thought:
imagine that actually there is some other party that actually is the menace to Etheria, and the mc is a neutral party that could help adora train to become unstopable, and she agrees to have those special dinners with the male oc each day he trains her as a warrior?, would that make it totally cnsensual to you, while it is an agreement between two parts that mutually benefit and no one is pushed to do anything if they don´t want to? do you like that idea?
well, this is the thing, this was already discused and proposed to previous teams, and even tho I gave them all what they were demanding, they ended up hijacking the proyect bastardizing it and getting me out of it for later just abandon it, so, you know that was my patment to bend to other people´s ideas, so I´ll stick to mine, because people come my way just to burn me, and trying to please them wont detter them from their initial goal, no matter how hard I try.
if the gane gets done fine, if it doesn´t get done I´ll just stick to my drawings, I just hope someone out there wont be saying I am not trying, this is as much as I can do, given my previous experiences, I am sorry, I trully wish I could tell you a different story
Again I'm not trying to alter your vision at all and just giving suggestions I think would be helpful because I love your idea, so anything I say is just to be somewhat helpful if possible it's your vision and I respect that! I like your idea of the MC being a neutral party and helping Adora by training her. I can see a lot of fun situations coming from that! I get where you're coming from and at the end of the day make the project you want to make, again I'm not trying to hijack anything I just want to see this made so I can play it lol, but yeah just do what you think is right.

STARCADER

Nov 21, 2019
thank you for your support, I don´t actually have big hopes for this even happening, it all depends on getting a team for it, and I know she-ra is not that popular to beggin with. I am not trying to do this to get any big money out of it, or to create a fan base as other devs got to do, I just want to develoup an idea I am fond of, to create something that has a soul to it, if artistic-creative value is still a thing to anyone who could care... I can only hope there will be people interested for what it is, amd I am aware that not many heteros are going to be interested in she-ra... I just liked the series, that is all I can add, and I know I am not making the best advertisement for the project putting it this way, but I don´t want to lie either. this is something done merely for love to a character I find appealing and I feel deeply fomd of, that is it. I just wish I can show what I have waiting for adora-she-ra, that is all.

Man don't hop

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
thank you for your support, I don´t actually have big hopes for this even happening, it all depends on getting a team for it, and I know she-ra is not that popular to beggin with. I am not trying to do this to get any big money out of it, or to create a fan base as other devs got to do, I just want to develoup an idea I am fond of, to create something that has a soul to it, if artistic-creative value is still a thing to anyone who could care... I can only hope there will be people interested for what it is, amd I am aware that not many heteros are going to be interested in she-ra... I just liked the series, that is all I can add, and I know I am not making the best advertisement for the project putting it this way, but I don´t want to lie either. this is something done merely for love to a character I find appealing and I feel deeply fomd of, that is it. I just wish I can show what I have waiting for adora-she-ra, that is all.
I understand, there are things that I feel the same way about and would work on despite the money. There's nothing wrong with working on something out of passion and wanting to see it become real. If you have trouble finding a programmer I'd be more than happy to help, I'm still pretty new so I would need a bit of time but this would be experience and training for me. Of course, if you have someone in mind or find someone who's experienced, go with them.

F!shE99s

Jan 31, 2023
right now I need a cowritter more than anything, before I start thinking about all the whole programming stuff... but we will see anyways
Well I am newer to the whole erotic games writing; I am not new to writing. I read all the previous comments posted before this and see that you have done a lot more work than simply drawing a few characters in provocative positions. 'Nice She-ra art there by the way' I have a couple of comments and you have peeked my interest.

1: The initial story structure seems quite similar to the 'Beauty and the Beast' Fairy-tale which is not a bad thing in anyway. Adora being the beauty and the MC being a hypothetical beast in the sense that he is a proverbial Heisenberg AKA destroyer of worlds. You could also work in a little bit of Dom Sub stuff with that as Adora has that dual personality where she is a little softer and meek as Adora and her own version of a beast at times when she has transformed into Shera. Lots of easily followed plot lines to take when you adapt your characters to an existing and proven story line.

2. It seems like you have had issues with people in the past. I think that the important part when in comes to and work based project is simply setting boundaries and making a contract at the onset. Boundaries would be, in this case, you maintaining the primary ''artistic integrity". Essentially, you'd have the final say, agreed upon contractually, in what will and won't happen to the characters. This would lead to the contact part. I have noticed somewhere in the forums here that they have contract outlines so it would be only a little leg work to draw one up and have the whole team agree upon what the game will be. Then the money part is covered as well.

The last Idea I sort of got from what you were expressing is that the type of game is going to depend on what direction you take the characters. If there is a whole series of battles at the won over Shera and MC battle there way across Etheria coming across various foe and friend alike. That could easily start to turn into a Harem style game where perhaps the MC best friend starts to plow his was through the other princess of that world. All the while the MC would stay on the straight and narrow with his partner Adora. This would beg the question would it be better to make this a RPGM game? Having multiple enemies to defeat it might be easier art wise to keep a lot of them as pixils.

If the MC and Shera didn't go off gallivanting then it may be more simple to keep this a Renpy game. That kind of issue would also largely be dependant on who the programmer was and the level of talent they have.

According to Rule34 Shera has around 9000 art pieces of the sexual nature where as Catra from the series has around 192000. So one could presume that she would almost have to be included somehow.

Let me know if you are still looking for a co-writer. I might be interested, if the length of this reply hasn't made it obvious.

STARCADER

Nov 21, 2019
I am answering by parts as you put it:

1: about the MC being a destroyer of world well, that is a bit more complicated, he has the potential drive to be so, but one, he is cursed so he can only use a tiny fraction of his former power, and two, he return from exile to discover those who wronged him are no more, so his role is pretty much very open to what we would want to make out of it. I am currently thinking about what his personal drive is going to be, but I am inclined to him just wanting to retreat on his fortress and not get involved in the war, for he feels he has been denied everything and that there is no point in fighting a war that means nothing to him. getting him involved would be the reason adora could need to humour him,funny part is as he is an old-school guy he would not want adora to do anything unappropiate to gain his favour, as he offer her respect... but as I said I am collating with ideas.

2: I´ll look into the contract thing, but my experience is that I talked to the person I was working with that we would be those deciding and having the last word on things, but he hickjacked the project anyways and faulted his word to me, I don´t see how a contract is going to protect me from someone whose goal is to fuck with me if they don´t even care about keeping their word, maybe I am just a dinosaur who believe in people´s word, maybe I am just that stupid. there is people out there who claim to be serving honorable goals, but you could not imagine what they do to achive those, it define them "and their goals" if you ask me. I would grateful to you if you dont mind linking me to that part of the forum... in any case I would try to find it myself, no worries.

3: regarding the game structure I see you touch several points I´ll try to cover them all:
for starters I wouldn´t want to make an harem game, I want to focus about creating a love story, and thus I was to focus on adora-MC interactions, I see what you comment about catra being the most loved character but no matter how hard I try, I see no way to have her involved or it would turn into a love-triangle... only option is if the MC finally decides to help adora to reunite with catra again but then we have the problem of why would adora be doing sexy things with the MC to start with if we want her to stay with catra, is counter intuitive to say the least. I am very well aware of all the hate that could create that we alienate adora of her canon love story with catra but I want to think we are just creating an apocrypha-alternative version of the real series, I dont plan to claim this is oficial in ay way so that shouldn´t be a problem, all r34 is alternative fantasies after all, and I cater to those who have the disgrace to be heterosexual males who still like adora, god forbid me. nevertheless, including catra can be discused, if you can come up with any ideas about it, if you decide to work with me.
regarding the game structure again, I haven´t the experience to know what to do about an rpg game, and I have no idea of how that could be done, I wouldn´t want to make this too complex or we could lose ourselves in the production, this is ambitious enough as is, I wouldn´t want to wander much further than from a VN with two or three endings depending on how you bonded with adora, but as you pointed, that could very well depend on the programer´s skills and how well he/she would interct with me and my cowritter.

finally, regarding our collaboration, i am more than willing, I would just want to read your reply before we go into discord, if you find it reasonable.

F!shE99s

Jan 31, 2023
Hello again Starcader
Here is the link in the forums I mentioned before <https://f95zone.to/posts/2021134/>
That wouldn't really be nessesary with someone like me as I'm easy going really. I wouldn't go forward with my own ideas in a story when its orginally another persons brain child. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to explore the idea of working with you on this. I don't think the story needs to have a ton of people in it I just wanted to understand what the focus of the plot would be. So if i've got this right then it is a focus on getting Adora/Shera to fall for the MC kind of VN. Renpy would likely be the go to for a game like this as it seems to have the most people leaning towards that kind of engine for a game because its no too intensive programming wise from what I have read. I think this could easily be good collaboration. I'd probably talk about a structured plot with you so that we'd be on the same page as to where to take the characters. Here's an example of what I mean by the stories structure just as an example:

A
MC - Looking at the steaming wreckage of my ship I held my hands to my face. " How could this have happened to me when I have so much power?" Straining I corrected myself "Had so much power..." My abilities had been mysteriously reduced to a rather pitiful level. "I could have chosen to either make myself of the ship levitate before this predicament"

B
A large ship was damaged and smouldering on ground after a crash landing. The foliage around it was burnt and the earth where is had touched down left a scar across the landscape behind it. MC woke up with his head ringing "How could this have happened to me when I have so much power?" He made and attempt to move telepathically "Had so much power..." He looked down sullenly, "I could have chosen to either make myself of the ship levitate before this predicament."

So the structure is A is more dialog driven with little to no narration beyond that of the MC internal thoughts. This would mean when interacting with other characters there would be little to no indication what they were thinking other than the MC's own deduction. Structure B would be more of a Novel or short story way of addressing it. This would have more description textually and have a narrator voice within the story. Either can work its just a little more time and words for B than it is A.

Sep 19, 2022
I am interested, I can help you with the programming, if it is a VN with a linear story or with several paths and if you feel like putting one or another mechanic we can talk about it.
you can send me a dm to Discord NairuH#7423
to give you more details...

masketta-man

Jun 6, 2022
I have been working on and off in games programming since 2011 and right now I'm inbetween my dev jobs so I'm bored as fuck. DM me with whatever framework you're using and the rough complexity of your game and I can probably manage to help out a fair amount, C++, python, renpy, C#, Unity, Unreal, whatever. Don't care about money tbh.