[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] Unpaid 2D Sidescroller Needing artists and a programmer

Plasma009

Dec 9, 2018
Project:
Breakthrough studios are hoping to design and create a 2d side-scrolling game aimed at giving the people what they want, a large amount of creative control! This will be a game that takes lots of inspiration from a few pre-existing games, as its main focus will be on the animations rather than the gameplay (Although this will be important). This game will be free for all EXCLUSIVELY on F95zone, however the revenue for this game will come through a patreon we will eventually set up. Here is where the community will be able to decide what they want from the game. Each tier on patreon will unlock new things they can vote on (For example (these are not final) no patreon sub will get you 1 vote on a new animation, $1 patreon will get you 2 vote on animation, $5 patreon will get 2 animation votes and 1 new character vote ect.) However this is all up for discussion once the project gets off the ground (Also please note patreon money will be split between the dev and animators)
Developer:
I am the person running the project, feel free to join the discord
Looking for:
2D artists (1-3) (None pixel, any preferred software), Programmer (1, maybe 2 at a push) (Any software that can make a 2D side-scroller)
Employment Type:
Unfortunately due to a lack of funds work will start unpaid, HOWEVER this will turn to paid work if we are able to generate patreon money, and I will take MINIMAL from this pot, with it being a split mostly between the animators and programmer (of course the animators will get a majority due to them being an essential part of the project). However the programmer will still earn a good amount for their efforts. This model will hopefully encourage hard work amongst the team to generate interest and therefore funds.
Work commitment:
This is a long term project, that will require small updates bi-weekly (this may change as we discuss plans). Work will start daily, with us all working together to discuss the game, then we will start design and programming. This will hopefully only take us 1 or 2 months (With isolation being the main reason we are able to work so hard). I am hoping that the team will be able to simply add little bits of animation (one animation each 2 weeks and 1 new character each month for the beginning, ramping up the more funds we generate with targets)
Preferred method of contact:
Our discord:

Job Description:
I am looking for both artists and developers, Artists will be able to animate 2d characters fluidly and work within somewhat tight deadlines. They are free to use whatever software they see fit (so long as it meets standards), Art will not be pixel art and will be uncensored. Upon application artists will be required to provide some pre-existing art they have done in this style. Developers will be required to know how to program a 2d side-scroller with animations generated if the player is touched, very basic and therefore minimal experience is needed, although may become more necessary as the project goes on and therefore you are expected to be able to adapt.
Additional comments:
Please be friendly to all those involved in this project and I hope we can all work well together and create one of the most fun and player designed games on the market!

Reactions: Monito