Ren'Py - Completed - 2nd Chance, Text-based [v1.0 Bugfix] [xxerikxx]

1. 1.00 star(s)

AshleyEve1610

At 1.0 Bugfix, I think anyone would expect the opening scenes at least to be free of typos, but there's no attention to quality control and the entire game is lackluster. The developer was supposed to include more detailed artwork later, but never got around to it and there's only "placeholder" artwork for every scene. No doubt, he never put the effort in because due to the shoddy writing this project never got off the ground.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Muddy1202

this needs better animations, the game has only text this would have been much better if you would have kept it only text category The renders here can be removed and kept a simple text game and it would have been better
  3. 3.00 star(s)

RanchFTW

First off, be aware that the images in this game are placeholders and stock images. The cast are each represented by a placeholder. The sex scenes are not rendered and only described through actions and dialogue.

All that said, the story is pretty huge and is actually entertaining to go through. I found myself more entertained by this than some games with top notch renders. There is a lot of drama, but it's logical given the setting and isn't unbelievable. Some of the tags for this I do not like, but strangely I wasn't bothered by any of it. I'm not sure if that was due to it not being rendered or if the developer successfully painted a picture so I didn't get attached to characters that weren't primary love interests for the MC.

This story is written from the perspective of the recently divorced MC, which you name, but a lot of the story is also told through the eyes of side characters while they go about their lives. It wasn't off putting at all, and helped me imagine the whole world and those characters in it. Some were great people and I actually wanted them to be happy, while others were despicable and hoped they'd get their just due.

In fairness I don't think I can give this game more than a 3, given the state it's in, but if you don't really mind that it's actually a pretty good read. Hopefully the developer can partner with someone and get this fully rendered, because the potential is there for it to be great. When that happens, I'll revisit this rating and bump it up to 4 or 5.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Let me explain the low rating.
    This story is good, but where are the scenes? I'm not sure if the dev is just lazy or lacking in the ability to produce here. It's like there are a bunch of place holders instead of game play.

PROS
    Story is good
    The ladies are all sexy

CONS
    There are no sexual scenes
    There aren't many scenes in general
    Several spelling mistakes

Overall
    The story is really good, but it's all lost without the scenes. If this is the initial release, then lets hope the dev really improves with the next update. Good luck with this in the future.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for is: C

Pros:
    + Characters Nice
    + Young Age
    + Long Playing time
    + Good Story
    + Completed?
    Cons:
    - No Sex Scenes
    - Always Repeating Screens
    - Typing Errors

Conclusion:
    When I started playing this Game,I was wondering when the first sex scenes where coming up.....after 30 minutes of playing I realized that there are no sex scenes coming up.... Normally I would stop playing right there.....but I found myself still playing this game even after 2 hours....and you know why?, because the story was in my opinion damn good,even though it got boring at some point, after a 30 minute break I was at it again ....or better after hours of reading I enjoyed even more...
    This Game or Novel ,what ever you what to call it, would have been worth 4 stars if it had some sex scenes in it once in awhile.
    Overall a Great Job from the Dev in my point of view with alot of work in writing the Story.......

Overall:
    A Hot Story, hours of reading and clicking and nice Characters but no
    Sex Scenes,if you can live with that then its worth the download.