Others Unity 3D characters animations

bakabakabakaa

Jan 3, 2020
for lack of a better title I went with that but I have actually several questions that don't warrant a separate post for each so I am grouping them here. in order of importance.

1. how do you go about making an optional futa female character? more specifically the optional penis. do you make 2 models ? do you export the penis as a separate model but with the same skeleton then attach it to the character? if so how would you go about adding it to the character in unity later on?
  2. for animation purposes, how would you align the genitals if the characters don't necessarily have the same height, and secondarily how would you align the limbs?
  3. this is a bit of a bonus question just to potentially save time but anyone knows if there are any NSFW animations compatible with unity's humanoid avatar?

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Never used Unity for this, but I can answer in the general.

To make an optional futa it'd be easier to export two models from your character creation program than edit the mesh when the game is running. Share the skeleton, skin textures, clothing, hair, etc. between the two to save time and memory. In the female mesh/animations have the futa bones be idle and do nothing.

To align characters you use inverse kinematics. Don't know how much setup Unity needs but it's very popular so I'm sure it can do it.

Here's the Unity page.

Like it says, to align animations you want to use empty objects. When you're making the animation keep track of where the two (or more) parties "should be". Then in Unity spawn empty objects with an identical offset and move the character's transform to the empties. Use more empties to control where the body parts. Lower the hip bone to align the genitals and the IK should bend the knees on the fly. Parent empties to whatever body parts you want the characters to grab and then parent the hand IK bones to those empties, they'll follow them anywhere inside the limb's reach. You probably need to animate the IK influence to "trade off" from your hand made animations to procedural IK if you want it to look good.

bakabakabakaa

Jan 3, 2020
To make an optional futa it'd be easier to export two models from your character creation program than edit the mesh when the game is running.
I see, will do just that. thank you.

To align characters you use inverse kinematics. Don't know how much setup Unity needs but it's very popular so I'm sure it can do it.
Never had any success with using IKs (not that I have much experience in 3D in the first place) but seems like I will have to dig more into them, thanks again.

Use more empties to control where the body parts. Lower the hip bone to align the genitals and the IK should bend the knees on the fly.
didn't think that the same logic applies to aligning different body parts, not sure how exactly that would translate into unity so I will have to test it out.