4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1593187638350.png

Overview:
When The Night Comes
is a queer, narrative-driven, supernatural visual novel. You are a renowned Hunter, a creature slayer who has been been called to the quiet, strange little town of Lunaris to assist the local Enforcers with an investigation into a series of unsettling and unexplained supernatural murders. Immerse yourself in the world of witches, vampires, demons and lycans as you slowly unravel the dark mystery that lies deep within the roots of the town. The question is, are the creatures of the night the ones you should really be afraid of? You might even fall in forbidden love along the way.​

Thread Updated: 2021-08-07
Release Date: 2021-08-07
Developer: Lunaris Games -
Censored: No
Version: 2.0
Language: English
Mini Stories: Possibly A Chimera, Probably A Big Fucking Cat - 'Til Death - The Haunting of Lunaris
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - -

Links to old pre-ReVamp version 10.1:

1.png 3.png 5.jpg 6.png 8.png 10.jpg

Last edited:

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Wait, I thought it had already been brought to this site? It is a good story.

Reactions: Koburo
Jun 13, 2018
Characters looks good, always like supernatural elements, only problem is that this is just a demo but I'm sure that will be changed before long. Can't wait!

Dingo139

Nov 8, 2019
Sounds like a great setup, I shall watch your development with great interest. Especially once the sex gets added :PogChamp:

Seiren

Jul 28, 2018
Tl;dr: if you are looking for steamy sex scenes in this VN, then... abandon all hope, ye who enter.
(R18 for harsh language, violence & sexually suggestive content)

Have been following WTNC since late 2018. Some people here may think that it is in the early development phase right now, and there will be a lot of content to be added later, but what you see now can be pretty much called the finished game.

The possible changes that have been planned (and announced in January 2020) - changing the engine from Ren'py to Unity (their other game is in Unity and man I'm sad about it), adding mini-stories (just today was released the second mini-story 'Til Death'), and some other random things, like making improvements to the art, adding the codex and some additions to the story.

I wonder what to say about these "additions"? I'd love to think that the devs would add some more sexual flavor to the story, but... even if they would, pretty sure it will still be... kind of non-explicit. That's just how this story is written.
It may seem that WTNC became boring to me when I have discovered that it lacks sexual content, but nuh, I actually enjoyed it a lot. I played it when it was free, then paid 5$ to support the devs when they have started charging, and I think it's more than worth it.
The art is amazing, the writing is very good, the love interests are sweet, precious and lovely.
I recommend it.

Dingo139

Nov 8, 2019
Tl;dr: if you are looking for steamy sex scenes in this VN, then... abandon all hope, ye who enter.
(R18 for harsh language, violence & sexually suggestive content)

Have been following WTNC since late 2018. Some people here may think that it is in the early development phase right now, and there will be a lot of content to be added later, but what you see now can be pretty much called the finished game.

The possible changes that have been planned (and announced in January 2020) - changing the engine from Ren'py to Unity (their other game is in Unity and man I'm sad about it), adding mini-stories (just today was released the second mini-story 'Til Death'), and some other random things, like making improvements to the art, adding the codex and some additions to the story.

I wonder what to say about these "additions"? I'd love to think that the devs would add some more sexual flavor to the story, but... even if they would, pretty sure it will still be... kind of non-explicit. That's just how this story is written.
It may seem that WTNC became boring to me when I have discovered that it lacks sexual content, but nuh, I actually enjoyed it a lot. I played it when it was free, then paid 5$ to support the devs when they have started charging, and I think it's more than worth it.
The art is amazing, the writing is very good, the love interests are sweet, precious and lovely.
I recommend it.
Good to know :)

OrpheousTelos

Jul 27, 2017
Yea, this is dreadful. One of those, oh you can be male, female, or nonbinary, but your perspective is pretty much hard coded as a typical YA teenage heroine. Youre a hunter, yet you just kinda trust first fucking vampire you meet, cus hes hot I guess, and has a nice aura, never mind the fact that he (1) jumped you, and (2) has actually enthralled you for a bit/mind manipulated you in order to calm you. But first thing my character thinks is "how nice of him to do that in order to make me more confortable". Bitch, youre the worst hunter ever. And then the mc just kinda goes to sleep at this randos house, just like that, because hes kind and also a love interest.

Basically yeah, lots of "you should care about this character cos he is on the cover and this is romance vn", and feeling flustered and blushing if any character so much as glanced at you. Cos my hunter, a supposedly adult man, would clearly act that way.

Keldin

Jun 7, 2017
As somebody that has basic reading comprehension, the MC specifically notes that they weren't enthralled, but that it was a two-way empathy mind link type thing ala Dresden Files Soul Gaze. Also it's made fairly clear throughout the introductions to the characters that the MC has some low-level empath powers hence their willingness to give people the benefit of the doubt while still maintaining a certain level of wariness.

Anyways, if you're looking for something to fap to this isn't great. If you're looking for a decent Fantasy VN with romance though I'd recommend it. It's pretty solid.

As a sidenote on the off chance the dev ever reads this thread though the epilogue bit kept switching back and forth between which character got a certain promotion.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote